Options

Leanne's Album Out Today

Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Leanne's Album is out today, I find it odd that they would release it now when they could have waited for the The Voice Live Shows to start, but I was also wondering if anyone had heard it and what reviews they would give it?

Comments

• Options
    w_dw_d Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I have heard it and listened to it today, and In my personal opinion, I think it is an extremely strong first debut album for an artist.

Her voice just sounds so incredibly rich and pure on some songs. She is a league above Leona Lewis vocally, In my opinion.

I am quite appalled at any lack of support for her or her album from the media and the general population (on social media).

We really need to support her as her voice is incredible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another point I would like to mention, is that, from what I have heard, the majority of the album is written by her.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    i never knew her album was out until seeing it on the 'itunes - released this week preview section'. Shameful that thevoice uk or bbc have not promoted her. Infact its my only real complaint with the UK edition... they dont promote any of their artists .... whereas international editions use itunes weekly to push songs and recordings by the acts.... and they feature high in the itunes charts - very accessible and much more interactive. Which in turn leads to greater success and longevity of their artists.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope it sells well. I really liked Leanne.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i never knew her album was out until seeing it on the 'itunes - released this week preview section'. Shameful that thevoice uk or bbc have not promoted her. Infact its my only real complaint with the UK edition... they dont promote any of their artists .... whereas international editions use itunes weekly to push songs and recordings by the acts.... and they feature high in the itunes charts - very accessible and much more interactive. Which in turn leads to greater success and longevity of their artists.

I think you will find that because the BBC is Licence Fee Funded it's charter does not allow it to promote commercially in that way. So apart from guest appearances on a few shows there isn't much they can do to help and it's down to the record lable to do the work
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to her although it wont sell. I think this year needs a winner that will be commercial success although I never trust the GBP with their voting which is why I rarely vote
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the same as any artist i'm afraid. If you dont get a lot of airplay on radio1 and 2 then you have little or no chance of making into the high regions of the chart however good you are. Shame really when you look at some of the poor artists that are at the top end of ths singles and album charts. Hope she does well though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased with this album. Really strong material. Great debut from Leanne IMHO. Well done!
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently she wrote some of the songs in it. Whether the album would do well or not, I think it can be said that she did more than many winners of the other singing talent show in her debut album!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is it currently in the album chart?
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its got flop written all over it. Way things are shaping up TV will have another safe boring winner on their hands come next month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is it currently in the album chart?

205 on itunes
  • Options
    CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why doesn't BBC Radio give her some airplay?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why doesn't BBC Radio give her some airplay?

She's record of the week on Radio 2. What more is there. You can't ram Voice acts down the public throat. They don't like it.

I honestly think you'd be better off just enjoying the music released and not worry about chart positions and sales. The Voice contestants obviously aren't going to challenge the Rihannas and the Beibers.

I can see how this thread's going to go, with one half blaming the management, the BBC, the record company and the other half saying 'Ha, ha! Flop!'

The Voice is supposed to find the best singer in the competition, not the next big pop star. I'm sure they'll be quite happy with the higher profile and will still earn £££ from appearances and tours.
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, who?

Just joking, I quite like the album myself actually. I'm just not sure if it will do all that well considering the time that has passed since she won the show... :(
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    w_d wrote: »
    I have heard it and listened to it today, and In my personal opinion, I think it is an extremely strong first debut album for an artist.

Her voice just sounds so incredibly rich and pure on some songs. She is a league above Leona Lewis vocally, In my opinion.

I am quite appalled at any lack of support for her or her album from the media and the general population (on social media).

We really need to support her as her voice is incredible.

lmfao:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member

What's funny???
  • Options
    Forum Member

Why the laugh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she made the charts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she made the charts?

Currently 386 on downloads and falling fast
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor girl never stood a chance. Went into HMV earlier there was a big stack of her CD's there and I wondered how many of them would get sold.

Her single was Record of the Week on Radio2 but does that really help? Esp as R2 listeners aren't big singles buyers...

Vince Kidds single is out next week. Wonder how that will do??
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    It has sold 423 copies so far. Ouch.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has sold 423 copies so far. Ouch.

Thats not good, esp as there was a bit of a push from Radio 2. Shes also been on Radio 5 live, breakfast TV, the lottery & Birmingham Pride amongst others.

She also has Twitter & FB accounts- why arent her fans buying it?? (Although her Twitter account has a relatively small amount of followers)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Poor girl never stood a chance. Went into HMV earlier there was a big stack of her CD's there and I wondered how many of them would get sold.

Her single was Record of the Week on Radio2 but does that really help? Esp as R2 listeners aren't big singles buyers...

Re: the last bit which I bolded. Where on Earth did you get that information from? You think R2 listeners are in their dotage and need help to get to the shops or can't download/buy off the Internet?

Being Record of the Week is better than not being Record of the Week, I'm sure you'll agree. You cannot, as I've said before, force pop acts down peoples throats.

The single is very good. I wouldn't buy it, but it's not offensive. I hope it does well.
  • Options
    Grace250Grace250 Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    Thats not good, esp as there was a bit of a push from Radio 2. Shes also been on Radio 5 live, breakfast TV, the lottery & Birmingham Pride amongst others.

She also has Twitter & FB accounts- why arent her fans buying it?? (Although her Twitter account has a relatively small amount of followers)

I've just checked, and Leanne has 31.4 thousand Twitter followers, admittedly this is a relatively small number of followers in comparison to some other musicians, but WHY aren't her followers buying her album?! :confused: It must be so disappointing if the sales figures on this thread are correct.

I've also just spotted on Twitter that none of the supermarkets are stocking her album, this must have an effect on sales?!

I have a feeling her best shot with the album will be when the voice live shows are on as I assume they'll invite her back to perform and promote the album