WWE Network

Comments

• Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it won't be this bad for the Rumble on Sunday.

I was planning on watching an episode of SNME from 1989, but with the constant freezing issues, it's not worth it.

But it's also good news because it's busy it will be fine
    WWE are probably testing it
  • Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dax 21 wrote: »
    But it's also good news because it's busy it will be fine
    WWE are probably testing it

One night only on at 8pm anyone that has not seen this evant you have to then hogan doc
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Mine hasn't been too bad but I've had a few freezes today and it was bad for a bit yesterday too. Does this happen frequently for others?
    I've had zero problems.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing I've learned from getting the Network that people here don't seem to appreciate enough: Ric Flair is awesome.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another thing I've learned from getting the Network that people here don't seem to appreciate enough: Ric Flair is awesome.

On his day there has been nobody better at being the heel. He could make anyone look good.

Even made a poor storyline like The Black Scorpion look acceptable
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree.

But on another subject entirely can we get a dropped angle special of some kind on the network?
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

WAS awesome, Now he is a joke....However WWE are using him well by not over booking him and rebuilding some credibility for him, Same as Hogan, Less is more at their age

TNA would have them main eventing now if they could and that is where WWE are better with legends
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    WAS awesome, Now he is a joke....However WWE are using him well by not over booking him and rebuilding some credibility for him, Same as Hogan, Less is more at their age

TNA would have them main eventing now if they could and that is where WWE are better with legends
    Although at least part of that is because (for various reasons) WWE now make these guys take a physical and drug test and most of them can't pass one, the other or both.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched a couple of hours earlier tonight of the network on the 360 & everything seemed fine.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    On his day there has been nobody better at being the heel. He could make anyone look good.

Even made a poor storyline like The Black Scorpion look acceptable

Haha, I think that's praising him a bit too much. No one on this earth could make The Black Scorpion angle look acceptable!
    AlexiR wrote: »
    Disagree.

But on another subject entirely can we get a dropped angle special of some kind on the network?

I would love to see a dropped angles special. Who drove the white hummer?
    What has you so down on Flair btw? Great promos, charisma, loads of excellent matches, carried himself like a star and was a legitimate draw.
    cris182 wrote: »

In fairness, I actually think Hogan has appeared a little too much lately and his pops have started to suffer.

Btw, I watched that Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels match mentioned earlier. Excellent stuff. They had a rematch at Vengeance 2005, which is a show I would recommend anyone to seek out on the Network. Not only did it have Kurt and Shawn, but also Cena, Jericho and Christian in a fun triple threat and Batista vs HHH for the title in Hell in a Cell, which is one of the best matches either of them have had. A real forgotten classic of a show.
  • YorkdelYorkdel Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Watched the Countdown: Biggest Blunders programme last night and loved it.

Although, TBH I'd never even heard of the Dungeon Of Doom before and now I wish that I could unremember it so badly!
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't say I agree - never been interested in any angle with him in it. Dull and a tosser to boot.
  • MsJoaquinMsJoaquin Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is definitely 100% better today, I had to give up watching yesterday it was buffering so much, no problems at all today and the picture is crystal clear

Watching the Monday Night Wars documentaries again :D
  • couchpotato2011couchpotato2011 Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I agree - never been interested in any angle with him in it. Dull and a tosser to boot.

Flair in the 80's/early 90's was incredible to me. One of the greatest workers there has ever been. His matches with Steamboat, Funk and Vader are my faves. Oh, and let's not forget his brilliant performance at the 1992 Royal Rumble.

Viewed by many as the greatest wrestler of all time, made all the more amazing knowing that he was lucky to be alive after a plane crash in the 70's where he was told he would never wrestle again after seriously injuring his back.

Woooooooooooooo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has you so down on Flair btw? Great promos, charisma, loads of excellent matches, carried himself like a star and was a legitimate draw.
    I've always found a lot of his work quite hokey and I've never liked him as a talker. He's just never really clicked with me. It doesn't help that I think he peaked more than three decades ago and yet has continued to wrestle long beyond that to ever diminishing returns. Plus his obsession with blading.
  • seibuseibu Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always found a lot of his work quite hokey and I've never liked him as a talker. He's just never really clicked with me. It doesn't help that I think he peaked more than three decades ago and yet has continued to wrestle long beyond that to ever diminishing returns. Plus his obsession with blading.

I think Flair's another one of these old school heels who is kind of misunderstood these days because his longevity has made him a de facto babyface. You're not actually supposed to like him. You're supposed to want to pay good money to see the smug, creepy smile slapped off his face.

Man I hated Flair as a kid. Grr.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Just watching WCW World War 3 with the 3 ring 60 man battle royal.

It doesn't really work but I do admit it's one of those times where a idea actuality sounds good on paper but doesn't work when they do it.
  • Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched WWE Rivalries: Edge vs. Matt Hardy earlier. Good sixty minute recap of what was briefly the hottest real-life-based feud in years. Until it quickly became just another sports entertainment angle which, let's face it, Edge had to come out on top of because he was about to be pushed to the moon.

I think at the time (almost a decade ago, now I feel old!) I had a great deal of sympathy for Matt being betrayed by his best mate and girlfriend, then losing his job. In hindsight though, there's something rather unlikeable about Hardy, and his blogs/Byte This appearances etc in 2005 he didn't really conduct himself as a wronged man rising above the situation with class and dignity. He just came across as childish and whiny, hurling insults and feeble threats at Edge and Lita.

As for the Rated R couple, yes they had to play up their affair on-screen to enhance their heeldom, but in reality, as evidenced on this programme and the You Think You Know Me doc, both were actually sorry for their actions and the way they'd affected all these people's lives.

Fast forward to today. Edge and Lita have moved on with their respective personal lives, and are beloved members of the WWE family as Hall of Famers. Matt Hardy meanwhile is trying to eek out a living by reliving past glories in TNA, coupled with numerous "personal problems".
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    I'm going to watch that tonight. The Hardyz vs E&C one is a good watch too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seibu wrote: »
    I think Flair's another one of these old school heels who is kind of misunderstood these days because his longevity has made him a de facto babyface. You're not actually supposed to like him. You're supposed to want to pay good money to see the smug, creepy smile slapped off his face.
    You're dangerously close to the WCW philosophy of all heat is good heat which isn't the case. There's a difference between not liking the character and not liking the performer. My problem with Flair is that I've never really liked the performer. As I said I found and find most of his work hokey and I've never liked his promos. He (mostly) comes from the incoherent shouting school of promos and that does nothing for me unless we're talking Steiner/Warrior/Sid levels of incoherence and then the appeal is very different.
    Just watching WCW World War 3 with the 3 ring 60 man battle royal.

It doesn't really work but I do admit it's one of those times where a idea actuality sounds good on paper but doesn't work when they do it.
    You really think that idea sounds good on paper?
    Forum Member
    You really think that idea sounds good on paper?

Yes I can see how big 60 man Battle Royal can sound good on paper but it never really had a chance of working it's still on and it's just 3 small screens and you can't see what is going on at all.

I don't know why they just didn't rip off The Royal Rumble had had them come out at different times they could have still put their own twist on it.

None of these are good ideas really but it would have worked better on screen

2 come out at once

Starts off with 20 then whenever then when it gets down to 10 another 10 come out.

Had 3 20 man Battle Royals through the night then have a 3 way match or a 3 man Battle Royal.

I agree 60 men though is just to many especially when 6 at most actually counted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The big battle royal I'm (relatively) OK with. 60 men is probably too many people but I think there are ways to make it work – personally I might have gone with guys coming out in waves. So you start with 20 guys in the ring and when 10 have been eliminated you bring out the second wave of 10 new entrants etc. etc. That would also allow you to spread the big names out across each wave and make the action a little easier to follow.

My problem with World War 3 and why it always sounded like the pointless messy cluster- that it was is the 3 ring element. That to me always made it sound like an utterly terrible idea.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stephanie McMahon recently spoke with TalkSport.com's new Gorilla Position podcast and hinted that the WWE Network in the UK may have UK-specific exclusive content in the future. Below are some quotes from the interview with Stephanie discussing the Network:

"Right now our focus is really to continue on the launch and rollout of the Network – but ultimately localisation of the content on the WWE Network where it makes sense to do so."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dread to think what that means.
    Forum Member
    I dread to think what that means.

Maybe stuff like Main Event will be geo blocked but in return we get a UK only show.

I can see people thinking this means we won't get PPV's but WWE know most will only want The Network for that so won't give them up.