Who Killed Lucy Beale? - Latest theories, updates and spoilers (Merged)

Comments

• LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dreamt last night that Lucy wasn't actually dead. Imagine that! She just turns up: "hiya! What did I miss?"
  • Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The number being Tanya's is the only one that makes sense to me.

Emma would already likely have access to phone numbers of everyone already on the square, especially the Beales. And unless it was someone close to Lauren why would she be hesitant to reveal it to the police?

The list of people who Lauren cares about who Emma is unlikely to have the number of and therefore a surprise to discover that not only does she but it's on a piece of paper where she's suspecting the murderer - is Tanya

It cannot be the number for Ian, Peter, Jane, Max, Abi or Lauren as they all live in two houses which Emma would presumably know the number of off by heart without need to write it down.

The number being Cora's a possibility too, but even that might still tie in to Tanya just not in a way we suspect.
  • iveivaniveivan Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting quotes from DTC interview on BBC this morning
    Restated that the suspect list has been narrowed to 11.

Said we would find out who killed Lucy at the end of the flashback episode and why they did it in the Friday episode.

Suggests that it wasn't an accident.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that's much of a spoiler.

11?

Ian, Jane, Peter, Cindy, Max, Lauren, Abi, Tanya, Denise, Jay & Ben?
  • MsJoaquinMsJoaquin Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think it is Abi, I have done since I watched all the alibi videos, just a gut feeling I got when I watched hers, ties in with idea of the number being Tanyas I just thought it was her that did it, after watching that video

although I do think they could go with it being Jane, she is my 2nd suspect, I got suspicious after it was revealed the killer would be revealed on their wedding day

Still think it is Abi though, with that being the reason Lauren cant marry Peter because her sister killed his sister
  • shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iveivan wrote: »

Said we would find out who killed Lucy at the end of the flashback episode and why they did it in the Friday episode.

I want to watch this again. where can i catch up on it

Also i do now really think its denise, she seems the odd one out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi is my worst case scenario as I don't think the audience cares about her. She's some mardy teen whose done nothing for years other than be seen occasionally fretting about upcoming exams. It'd be a terrible decision to make her the killer as the character has absolutely no warmth or redeeming features.

Just years of being stroppy, a bit immature and bitchy. I can't think of a character less relateable who has been there for a long period, than Abi. Such a wet-porridge character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bingo_ wrote: »
    I don't think that's much of a spoiler.

11?

Ian, Jane, Peter, Cindy, Max, Lauren, Abi, Tanya, Denise, Jay & Ben?

The 11 has never been officially confirmed but we are assuming it's not Lauren, Les or Pam and so that leaves the 11 from the 14.

BTW I'm assuming you mean Whitney and not Tanya. :)
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are people's thoughts about Lola? Could she still be a contender? Or even Whitney? These two are rarely mentioned these days. Perhaps this is what DTC wants!
  • KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The suspect list came about because of the camera shots showing people elsewhere during Emma's talk to the suspect. But, what if, just suspend your belief for a moment, the shots of people like Billy and Lola leaving their flat etc... were not necessarily taking place simultaneous to the killer conversation
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi is my worst case scenario as I don't think the audience cares about her. She's some mardy teen whose done nothing for years other than be seen occasionally fretting about upcoming exams. It'd be a terrible decision to make her the killer as the character has absolutely no warmth or redeeming features.

Just years of being stroppy, a bit immature and bitchy. I can't think of a character less relateable who has been there for a long period, than Abi. Such a wet-porridge character.

Don't forget opening the door. Perhaps she banged the door in Lucy's head and that's how she died.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts about Lola? Could she still be a contender?

I think so. Something in the back of my mind, says it could be her. Reason being with the puzzle, saying LEE - STOP IT, Lee was looking thru the video, she was in background saying stop it 3 times, she also said in her alibi that she was at home all night. With regards to the music played at the NTA's i think thats her baby toy. Also when emma went to the park, they showed us billy and lola leaving, remember this was the first shot after emma was in the park, so i stil have an open mind about lola, i done bet £20 at 40/1 yesterday. On the other hand, Denise was my original character that killed her.
  • Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the show is genuinely giving us clues and not red herrings one could assume the killer is a Beale or a close member of the family. Top of my list is Cindy, she has been rather low key in all this and I'm not clear why she was even brought back unless it's for this storyline.

It also paves the way for Cindy to be written out (would anyone care?) and Jane is left holding the baby.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited...... and I just can't hide it .....:D;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget opening the door. Perhaps she banged the door in Lucy's head and that's how she died.

Ha, true.

I discount Whitney as I think we've been led towards thinking she has a motive.

The only suspect who people seriously consider who we've been given no-onscreen reason to doubt is Jane.

Peter - drugs tie in, he's been seen to get violent when using them

Ian - lied to police about where he was, still question marks about it

Denise - showed dark side with Patrick abuse, struggles, has alcohol problems

Whitney - Lucy bullied her, wrote 'Rot in hell' note that Tamwar found

....etc.

Jane? What's Jane done that's out of step? Okay there's the providing Lauren with a false alibi but that ws a throw-away remark in the kitchen, you'd have to be paying ridiculously close attention to that (like be someone who discusses it obsessively on an internet forum for example :D) to even be aware that this is an anomaly.

It's another reason why I think it's Jane because as yet if you follow the official episodic narrative there's so far no reason to believe that it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The suspect list came about because of the camera shots showing people elsewhere during Emma's talk to the suspect. But, what if, just suspend your belief for a moment, the shots of people like Billy and Lola leaving their flat etc... were not necessarily taking place simultaneous to the killer conversation

If they are doing that kind of thing it would be very annoying.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the show is genuinely giving us clues and not red herrings one could assume the killer is a Beale or a close member of the family. Top of my list is Cindy, she has been rather low key in all this and I'm not clear why she was even brought back unless it's for this storyline.

It also paves the way for Cindy to be written out (would anyone care?) and Jane is left holding the baby.

Cindy is at the top of my list but I doubt she would be written out, the Beales are already losing Peter I think they need to increase the family not get rid of more and Mimi is a great actress now she is getting older she will get more scenes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cindy like Abi isn't really a central character which is why I discount her. Yes she's a member of the Beale family and she's given birth during an episode but even so I don't think the audience care for her enough to be give this storyline.
  • MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shraine wrote: »
    I think so. Something in the back of my mind, says it could be her. Reason being with the puzzle, saying LEE - STOP IT, Lee was looking thru the video, she was in background saying stop it 3 times, she also said in her alibi that she was at home all night. With regards to the music played at the NTA's i think thats her baby toy. Also when emma went to the park, they showed us billy and lola leaving, remember this was the first shot after emma was in the park, so i stil have an open mind about lola, i done bet £20 at 40/1 yesterday. On the other hand, Denise was my original character that killed her.

I get why people think it's Lola and if she were in the final 11 suspects then I would be strongly tempted to back her. But she's not, so I don't think it can be her
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member

I agree. Pointless character, awful actress.
  • MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oooooh, I want to watch this! Was it on BBC breakfast? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Guys, Watch this @ 7.50 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6IQAtGgA7w

Dominic says its going to change alot of relationships. Is this a clue?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a629099/eastenders-boss-lucy-beales-killer-could-still-be-anyone.html#~p4rFBfUMgd0LUm

He says it still could be anyone!??
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Interview with DTC in today's Guardian:

EastEnders audience will be upset if nothing goes wrong

You know it. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, was on BBC breakfast.