Options

Problem with Amazon.co.uk

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
Forum Member
I've noticed a couple of times now that Amazon is screwing up my orders. It keeps trying to charge me for items that I've already purchased and received. For some reason they are still in my basket.

My Mum asked me to order her a few bits, and the next day asked for something else. The same thing happened to her account.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them in the last couple of months - in fact I buy everything except food from them and have done for a couple of years now - and no problems.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like its not clearing your session cookies properly.

Try deleting all your cookies and trying again.
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No problems here too OP. Good advice from the above post though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Good idea. I will try it, but it's happened on 2 different computers. Worth trying though. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This reminds me of a few Christmasses ago when my dad managed to order 4 wii's instead of 2

They were all despatched individually and just kept on coming.

It's never happened to me, so I told him he was a silly old fool and to send 2 back.

He swore blind he'd only ordered 2 but he'd managed to submit the same order again a couple of days later.

Amazon sorted it really easily, emailed him a returns label, got them picked up and a prompt refund.

However no sooner had 2 gone back than another 2 arrived.

It was the Christmas from hell
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless something's went wrong with their browser perhaps? I've got no problems ordering things from their website.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did almost all my Christmas shopping with them this year, took me about half an hour and everything has arrived apart from the Kindle and I have faith in them getting it to me in good time for the 25th. I haven't bought anything in a shop for Christmas this year.