Options

Coping with Christmas - advice needed

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feels a bit like you're moaning for the sake of moaning OP, as every useful suggestion has been dismissed by you. If this is the attitude you project towards Xmas, it may be that it rubs off and that's why your family aren't overly enthusiastic about it either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feels a bit like you're moaning for the sake of moaning OP, as every useful suggestion has been dismissed by you. If this is the attitude you project towards Xmas, it may be that it rubs off and that's why your family aren't overly enthusiastic about it either.

That's my thought too. If you're not willing to confront them then you'll just have to put up with it OP.

I'm not sure about the posts recommending put up with the misery in case death is around the corner. A Christmas carol would have been a very different and shorter story with that sentiment.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member

Op won't respond to this- they have avoided any post that wasn't " there there OP"
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,641
    Forum Member
    Personally I stopped fitting in with what other people wanted to do for Christmas a long time back.

I now do what I like and decide whether I want to go to my parents, or my in-laws or whether I fancy just staying at home infront of the telly with a bottle of wine!

Just because you have family doesn't mean you have to do Christmas with them (obviously different if you have young children etc). You're an adult, be adult and tell people what you do and don't want. And then enjoy it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Mum does her own thing at Christmas and I don't get offended. I have a young child and we are quite capable of having fun. If my Mum is happy, then so am I.