storylines that have never been done before !!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    There's a real life story about that in 2008. The 'man', an American, was transgender though, but hadn't removed their uterus. Not strictly a male pregnancy, but hey.

i remember that story. i also remember a real life story about a man who turned out to be a hermaphrodite....there were some serious anatomical complications, but they eventually realised he was pregnant. i think he had surgery to remove the underdeveloped female anatomy and become truelly "male"...
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taxidermy!

Need one of the UK soaps to do that one. Done in Shortland Street.
  • leleblahblahleleblahblah Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    well im sorry with the male anorexia thing i thought eastenders was doing that with jay lol ....soz but ive seen more meat on victoria veckham lol
    Forum Member
    roy cropper could take up the taxidory
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    For Eastenders:

Post-traumatic stress disorder
    Male rape
    Anorexia/Bulimia
    Bullying
    Amnesia
    Gender Dysphoria
    Sex Addiction (Kat Slater would be ideal.)
    Brother & Sister abuse (Brother physically, emotionally and sexually abuses his sister.) - He ends up accidentally killing her during a violent fight. Could be explored with the new family?
    Surrogacy
    Alopecia
    Siege & Abduction Week
    Internet Grooming
    Depression & Self-harm (This subject will have to been done sensitively and requires thorough research) - I'd like to see Lauren become depressed due to her binge drinking and start self-harming. Max will think that Lauren's self-harm is a way to gain attention but little does he realise the pain & heartache she is going through. I'm thinking that Joey could cheat on her with Lucy or Kim and then Lauren turns to alcohol and subsequently becomes withdrawn and depressed.
    Dementia or Alzheimer's - Possibly Dot, Patrick or Mo could develop the condition. I think Mo might be the best choice as she's under-used and hasn't really had a storyline of her own. However, I'm apprehensive that Laila Morse could pull of such a big, tragic storyline like that but hopefully she would be fine with it.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't they do a Post-Stress Traumatic Disorder plot for Grant throughout the 90's?
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Didn't they do a Post-Stress Traumatic Disorder plot for Grant throughout the 90's?

Oh they might have done. I would have been very young if they did. I may not have even been born when they did it. I was born in 1995 so if it was before that then I wouldn't know, unless I read about it somewhere but I don't recall doing so. :confused:
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the storyline:

Bella admits that she finds Lukes taxidermy hobby creepy but shes determined to support him regardless. She makes a connection with a dying patient, Mrs Higgins, and promises to pass on a package to her friend, Miss Tutu.

But Bella is stunned when Miss Tutu turns out to be Mrs Higginss pet mouse - that she has bequeathed to Bella.|

Bella brings her mouse home where Luke worries that his cat, Kronos, might devour it.

Bella assures him Miss Tutu's cage will prevent this, but Luke is shocked to find Miss Tutu dead - at the hand of Kronos.

He plans to tell Bella of the tragedy but Vinnie convinces him to replace the mouse instead. Bree catches Luke with Miss Tutu mark II in the hospital and fears he is going to kill it for taxidermic purposes.

Bella defends Lukes taxidermy hobby to Bree, leaving Luke convinced that she is a fan of his work.

Later, Bella falls for the replacement mouse and Luke thinks hes out of the woods. However Kronos frees Miss Tutu mark II from the cage, killing her all over again.

Confident he is doing the right thing, Luke stuffs the rodent and presents her to Bella who is utterly horrified.

Although Bella is disturbed by the stuffed mouse, she can see how proud Luke is of his work. She praises the gift, delighting Luke.

He brings the mouse into work so Bella can keep it on her desk. Lana picks up on Bella squeamishness, and urges her to be honest with Luke.

Bella attempts to do so, but chickens out. She's too creeped out to do her work so Bella bins the mouse.

When Rachel roasts Bella about the mouse she cracks, loudly admitting shes repulsed by taxidermy. Luke overhears.

Bella and Luke sort through their hurt feelings and white lies, coming to a happy realisation that they dont need to love the same things as long as they love each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh they might have done. I would have been very young if they did. I may not have even been born when they did it. I was born in 1995 so if it was before that then I wouldn't know, unless I read about it somewhere but I don't recall doing so. :confused:

I see. Yes, Grant's PTSD plot ran for years in the 90's. It was a great story arc for a great character. I just thought I'd phrase my post as a question rather than answer it directly as to not appear rude or anything :).
    Forum Member
    I see. Yes, Grant's PTSD plot ran for years in the 90's. It was a great story arc for a great character. I just thought I'd phrase my post as a question rather than answer it directly as to not appear rude or anything :).

Oh ok haha. I'll give it some research. I was thinking that Denise could develop PTSD given her rough life. Might be interesting to see and I think Diane Parish is a fab actress.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brookside did this.

A lad named Anthony was being bullied by a girl called Imelda. He eventually drowned her by sticking her head in a pond.

i remember that that actor ended up 1st runner up in x factor 2006
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brookside did this.

A lad named Anthony was being bullied by a girl called Imelda. He eventually drowned her by sticking her head in a pond.

I remember that. Wasn't it the main storyline before it finally ended?

For anyone who doesn't know, the kid who played Anthony was Ray Quinn who was second in the X Factor the year Leona Lewis won. He's now a theatre performer, particularly musicals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh ok haha. I'll give it some research. I was thinking that Denise could develop PTSD given her rough life. Might be interesting to see and I think Diane Parish is a fab actress.

I like the idea of Denise developing PTSD. I think that could work if executed right. Denise's in dire need of a hardhitting storyline. I'm tired of her being Kim's comedy sidekick :yawn:.
    Forum Member
    I like the idea of Denise developing PTSD. I think that could work if executed right. Denise's in dire need of a hardhitting storyline. I'm tired of her being Kim's comedy sidekick :yawn:.

I know right. I just don't know if the Eastenders crew would be able to do it justice though. They whole show has gone downhill but yet I still watch it without fail haha. I want Kim to have a gritty storyline. Not everyone is just pure comedy and a bundle of laughs. Everyone has some sort of problem or issues in their life and Kim's vulnerable side needs to be explored further. We saw a glimpse of it when Ray dumped her but that was done and over with very quickly.
  • dyer24dyer24 Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has there ever been a planned pregnancy? Most babies just seem to be accidents.
    Forum Member
    who do you think then with male rape who could pull it off jay?, tamar?fatboy? tyler

more likely liam butcher (i.e not getting involved with the gand that hes in ) i think i should write storyline lol)
  • kathy72kathy72 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Alzheimer's- Frank Butcher's mum (another Mo) had a storyline with this
    Forum Member
    kathy72 wrote: »
    Alzheimer's- Frank Butcher's mum (another Mo) had a storyline with this

They're just my ideas of what storylines I want to see done. I don't care whether they've happened in the past or not. I think it's good to repeat storylines but in a different way and with different characters to refresh people's memories.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A storyline where a branning doesnt get someone pregnant or kat becomes celibate
  • LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have a son who catches a serious illness and needs a transplant.. The dad who has wronged his son.. And He makes the massive decision to commit suicide to provide his vital organ for his son's transplant
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    A soap crossover! (EastStreet) does not count.

This is something that needs to be considered!

Brookside/Hollyoaks have done this, usually just cameos but Matt Musgrove did move from Brookie to Oaks.

Not sure If I imagined it but I seem to believe that Emmerdale did a Crossover where Reg Holdsworth appeared, it may have bee straight to video (or a figment of my imagination)
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    dronkula wrote: »
    I noticed on Pobol y Cwm they're doing a storyline where someone has joined a cult. Has one of the mainstream soaps done that?

And i think the UK soaps should take more inspiration from the US ones. Cursed jewelry, satanism and witchcraft, posideon adventure type of situations. Far more fun.

I guess you're a Sunset Beach fan :D Me Too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know right. I just don't know if the Eastenders crew would be able to do it justice though. They whole show has gone downhill but yet I still watch it without fail haha. I want Kim to have a gritty storyline. Not everyone is just pure comedy and a bundle of laughs. Everyone has some sort of problem or issues in their life and Kim's vulnerable side needs to be explored further. We saw a glimpse of it when Ray dumped her but that was done and over with very quickly.

Agreed.
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone got any ideas of storylines Hollyoaks have never done? :)
  • BoldilocksBoldilocks Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Conjoined twins
    Beekeeping
    Medical marijuana (Emily could grow it for pain management)
    Speech impediments
    Albinism, or a complete sunlight allergy even.

Don't know if any of these have been done - just thinking up outlandish things! LOL.