Sugababes announcement tomorrow

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect it will be a farewell tour.

Amelle was a bad idea from the start. Her extra curricular activities that have got her in legal trouble as well as her alleged bad attitude after she featuring on Never Leave You by Tinchy Stryder all suggested she lacked the maturity to be in the spotlight.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why people always blame Amelle. Keisha has forever had bullying rumours hanging over her head.

Its good Siobhan forgave her but Keisha was the reason she quit the group in the first place. When Mutya left, Keisha bad mouthed her every chance she got. Heidi quit the Sugababes because of Keisha and management then decided enough was enough so sacked Keisha instead.

If I had to pick one member of the 6 Sugababes I wouldn't want to work with it then Keisha would top it each time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is this announcement coming?
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree no one should blame Amelle, she's done nothing wrong, Keisha seems to be the bitchy one, she drove Siobhan out and talked smack about Mutya all the time once she'd left, I personally like her but deep down I think she's a nasty piece of work, great voice though lol.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    When is this announcement coming?

Apparently there isn't an announcement coming

I like that MKS are now saying they didn't want the name anyway and they could have got it if they wanted it which obviously isn't true or they wouldn't own the rights to stationary instead of music, I really wish Keisha would think before she speaks because it only comes back and bites her on the ass
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I've always thought they should have just split up instead of going forward with 4.0. It got so messy, and even if Keisha was the problem I don't think it helped them any, I think they lost a lot of support. I also feel Amelle was problematic. If they release a greatest hits they should include all incarnations of the Sugababes, and call it something like Changing Faces the best of the Sugababes.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the blame on Keisha while Amelle gets a free pass:rolleyes:
    It was Amelle who was responsible for ruining the Sugababes as we knew them. Her unsavoury private life tarnished the girls' image and her disappearing acts for days on end was extremely unprofessional.
    Keisha was the driving force behind the group and for someone with such a strong work ethic as her, it must have been impossible to have to try and work with someone as flakey as Amelle. I'm sure that is what fuelled their arguments and the main reason for Keisha leaving.
    Amelle garnered nothing but bad press when she was in 3.0
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Simi89 wrote: »
    Changing Faces the best of the Sugababes.

i like that :)
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    All the blame on Keisha while Amelle gets a free pass:rolleyes:
    It was Amelle who was responsible for ruining the Sugababes as we knew them. Her unsavoury private life tarnished the girls' image and her disappearing acts for days on end was extremely unprofessional.
    Keisha was the driving force behind the group and for someone with such a strong work ethic as her, it must have been impossible to have to try and work with someone as flakey as Amelle. I'm sure that is what fuelled their arguments and the main reason for Keisha leaving.
    Amelle garnered nothing but bad press when she was in 3.0

Nobody is blaming Keisha for how the Sugababes turned out nor giving Amelle an easy ride, let's not push Keisha's reputation as a bitch under the carpet either

Her and Mutya referring to Siobhan as "the other girl" after her departure, Siobhan calling her publicly a bully and the main reason she left because she was depressed hardly gives her great character

Fans of 4.0 get a lot of grief for not being real fans of the group when in reality, we just happen to see that each member has added something to the group.. With 1.0, the group laid the foundations and had great critical acclaim, 2.0 managed to match both commercial and critical success with their first #1 single and album in the UK, 3.0 is responsible for the groups biggest single and one of the only Sugababes songs that is still played on radio today, 4.0 have, or did have, the ability to be successful when they released Freedom, the track that sounds as close to the Sugababes sound as they have been in years

Its strange to me that people still have an issue towards people (4.0) for a situation that didn't happen to them, almost 4 years ago, over the lineup of a girl group
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody is blaming Keisha for how the Sugababes turned out nor giving Amelle an easy ride, let's not push Keisha's reputation as a bitch under the carpet either

Her and Mutya referring to Siobhan as "the other girl" after her departure, Siobhan calling her publicly a bully and the main reason she left because she was depressed hardly gives her great character

Fans of 4.0 get a lot of grief for not being real fans of the group when in reality, we just happen to see that each member has added something to the group.. With 1.0, the group laid the foundations and had great critical acclaim, 2.0 managed to match both commercial and critical success with their first #1 single and album in the UK, 3.0 is responsible for the groups biggest single and one of the only Sugababes songs that is still played on radio today, 4.0 have, or did have, the ability to be successful when they released Freedom, the track that sounds as close to the Sugababes sound as they have been in years

Its strange to me that people still have an issue towards people (4.0) for a situation that didn't happen to them, almost 4 years ago, over the lineup of a girl group

I think it is understandable...I mean all these years later and we still don't know for sure what happened to cause 3.0 to fall apart and 4.0 to come together.
    I do think 4.0 needed to come clean at the start by saying what exactly happened and just by being honest with their fans.
    It seemed a little disrespectful to just carry on straight away as if everything was normal and thus they quite simply lost all their credibility right there and then.
    If Keisha was a bully then why didn't they just come out and say that?
    The aftermath of Keisha's departure was handed woefully by their management (right down to keeping Keisha's body double in the AAG video:o ) so I think it is perfectly understandable why fans of 3.0 would still have issues with 4.0 with so many unanswered questions.
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    I think it is understandable...I mean all these years later and we still don't know for sure what happened to cause 3.0 to fall apart and 4.0 to come together.
    I do think 4.0 needed to come clean at the start by saying what exactly happened and just by being honest with their fans.
    It seemed a little disrespectful to just carry on straight away as if everything was normal and thus they quite simply lost all their credibility right there and then.
    If Keisha was a bully then why didn't they just come out and say that?
    The aftermath of Keisha's departure was handed woefully by their management (right down to keeping Keisha's body double in the AAG video:o ) so I think it is perfectly understandable why fans of 3.0 would still have issues with 4.0 with so many unanswered questions.

I 100% agree that Keisha's departure was handled terribly by Crown and Island Records. I think part of the reason was how badly it went down with fans, I remember seeing comments on some websites where people were being absolutely vile, saying Heidi deserved to die from cancer and they hope it was a long and hard death, they probably just wanted to keep quiet about it and from the sound of some people, they wouldn't believe it anyway

It's sad that in September/October 2008, Amelle and Keisha did an interview saying they had the best 3 way friendship of any line-up and a year later things had gotten so bad that Amelle and Heidi wanted to leave.. Maybe they should tell everyone what happened but I don't think it would change many people's perception
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this all going to be an anticlimax after all? Is there any news?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Is this all going to be an anticlimax after all? Is there any news?

The Insider is still saying it's coming, but nothing as of yet.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, without Keisha Sugababes in any guise would have been over, like, yonks ago. Amelle was the beginning of the downward spiral and is the architect of her own doom and that of anyone stupid enough to back her...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the management of Sugababes need kicking up the ass.

In the early days they traded on that moodiness and frankly Siobhan leaving and citing Keisha added to that. Heidi made them more approachable and no one can deny the success 2.0 had.

However the fact that Mutya was not given more support, anyone could see that she she needed time off after her daughter but she was allowed to go because they knew they had someone who could cover her difficult tone in Amelle.

The fact Amelle was brought in when they were on the publicity of the greatest hits, the worst time a new member could have been brought in. She was under the spotlight and from her background being thrust in when Sugababes was at the top of their game was too hard for her. The management didn't seem to care as it was headlines.

When Mutya left, they allowed in some interviews for Keisha to be downright nasty. Heidi just seemed emotional Mutya had gone. Keisha was allowed to dismiss Mutya's presence in the band in the same way she had dismissed Siobhan. Keisha at the time implied Heidi had made the sugababes line-up and what Amelle had brought to the band.

Change had some good singles but the publicity was mismanaged, and Catfights was rushed out and handled wrong. It was obvious that Sugababes as a band should have split and sweet 7 should have been their swansong. Whatever the problems, I cannot see why the three girls were not told to see the album out but no they got blinded by the whole roc Nation signing. it was Keisha that sang the praises of Sweet 7 more than anyone.

At the point Heidi and Amelle resigned, the management needed to put their foot down. In all honesty they should have let Amelle go as that point she stood a good chance of a solo career. Calmed Heidi down, pulled Keisha up and got Mutya back. Mutya was already saying at that point she would rejoin if Amelle did leave.

The way Keisha was ejected was wrong. Things must have been bad as you don't let an original go but part of me thinks the management thought the revolving Sugababes door is funny and Keisha going will be high profile but anyone could see that would be the wrong move.

They flung Jade in, who is very talented but there was no time to bed in. Heidi was obviously emotional and seen crying at an event, Amelle was off sick. The video was shot when it should have been shelved.

then Sweet 7 was leaked and put back too many times. Freedom was appallingly handled.

It will be interesting to see what happens with MKS. 3 our if 4 members citied Keisha as being a problem. I see Siobhan now being the breakout star and that will grate Keisha. The first time Keisha upsets Siobhan, then Siobhan's previous hurt will rise again.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the management of Sugababes need kicking up the ass.

In the early days they traded on that moodiness and frankly Siobhan leaving and citing Keisha added to that. Heidi made them more approachable and no one can deny the success 2.0 had.

However the fact that Mutya was not given more support, anyone could see that she she needed time off after her daughter but she was allowed to go because they knew they had someone who could cover her difficult tone in Amelle.

The fact Amelle was brought in when they were on the publicity of the greatest hits, the worst time a new member could have been brought in. She was under the spotlight and from her background being thrust in when Sugababes was at the top of their game was too hard for her. The management didn't seem to care as it was headlines.

When Mutya left, they allowed in some interviews for Keisha to be downright nasty. Heidi just seemed emotional Mutya had gone. Keisha was allowed to dismiss Mutya's presence in the band in the same way she had dismissed Siobhan. Keisha at the time implied Heidi had made the sugababes line-up and what Amelle had brought to the band.

Change had some good singles but the publicity was mismanaged, and Catfights was rushed out and handled wrong. It was obvious that Sugababes as a band should have split and sweet 7 should have been their swansong. Whatever the problems, I cannot see why the three girls were not told to see the album out but no they got blinded by the whole roc Nation signing. it was Keisha that sang the praises of Sweet 7 more than anyone.

At the point Heidi and Amelle resigned, the management needed to put their foot down. In all honesty they should have let Amelle go as that point she stood a good chance of a solo career. Calmed Heidi down, pulled Keisha up and got Mutya back. Mutya was already saying at that point she would rejoin if Amelle did leave.

The way Keisha was ejected was wrong. Things must have been bad as you don't let an original go but part of me thinks the management thought the revolving Sugababes door is funny and Keisha going will be high profile but anyone could see that would be the wrong move.

They flung Jade in, who is very talented but there was no time to bed in. Heidi was obviously emotional and seen crying at an event, Amelle was off sick. The video was shot when it should have been shelved.

then Sweet 7 was leaked and put back too many times. Freedom was appallingly handled.

It will be interesting to see what happens with MKS. 3 our if 4 members citied Keisha as being a problem. I see Siobhan now being the breakout star and that will grate Keisha. The first time Keisha upsets Siobhan, then Siobhan's previous hurt will rise again.

An excellent post, I agree with pretty much everything, but one thing I disagree with is Amelle not being able to handle things, I think for the first couple of years she was fine, she seemed happy, down to earth and content, it was only during the last year or so of 3.0 did she start losing a lot of weight and seemed quieter in interviews.
    I think management should have stepped in before things went sour, then again...maybe they didn't know, if and I mean IF Keisha bullied Amelle/Heidi then she wouldn't have done it in front of anyone, management might not have even known, Amelle may have been too scared to say anything, Amelle then got sick of being bullied and acted out, deciding not to turn up to events because she wanted to avoid Keisha that much, Heidi realised and sided with her and management kicked Keisha out.
  • catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps 'Sugababes 5.0' with a replacement for Heidi but with a new band name!?
  • Rui_PhillipsRui_Phillips Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :( Loved this line-up. About A Girl showed a glimmer of what they could of achieved.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    :( Loved this line-up. About A Girl showed a glimmer of what they could of achieved.

That was a great song. I think it was the best single 4.0 released. My favourite Sugababes lineup is still 2.0. That lineup did songs that were unlike any other girlband's at the time.
    Forum Member
    Expected but I'm still gutted by it.. What pisses me off the most is that it's been done in such a shitty way.. No official statement by the group as a whole but by Jade at some random event

This line-up had so much potential, they showed that with Freedom and Crown naffed they up by letting it build momentum and then holding the release back for 4 months

Genuinely gutted
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time . I thought 4.0 was a waste of time and they can't compete with MkS.

I hope MKS don't attain the sugababes name but , the sugababes name has bad connotations to it now.
    Forum Member
    About time . I thought 4.0 was a waste of time and they can't compete with MkS.

I hope MKS don't attain the sugababes name but , the sugababes name has bad connotations to it now.

Because MKS worked so well the first time around?! Lets face it part of the reason the band has such bad connotations to it is two of the original members voluntarily quit and the other spent the next 8 years (Siobhan) and 4 years (Mutya) publicly slating them and reducing at least Siobhan's role in the band, of course until she realised her solo career failed to go anywhere

2.0 has always and will always be the most successful and in my opinion the best lineup the group ever had, all the love for the originals should have been there at the beginning and maybe One Touch would have sold on the level of the 2.0 albums
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Maybe the Mutya , Keisha and Siobhan all made up as they are all older now
    Forum Member
    Maybe the Mutya , Keisha and Siobhan all made up as they are all older now

I don't disagree with that, I'm sure they all get on perfectly, what I'm saying is 4.0 get flack did ruining the Sugababes when in reality, if two of the original members didn't quit there would have been no Heidi or Amelle, the only reason there was replacements was because two people walked away

I'm coming across as someone that dislikes MKS, I'm not I love One Touch and Flatline is brilliant, I also just don't choose to discount Heidi in the way most did when she has been in the band longer than two of the originals were