Good Looks or brains

SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
Forum Member
Hi,just want to know what everyone really thinks,It seems these days youre shallow if you want to be perceived as good looking and if you mention someones looks,good or bad youre shot down in flames.Obviously both would be great but if you had to choose,be good looking or brainy what would you choose.For me looks anyday

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    You missed out 'cash', which in Trollop Top Trumps outranks both looks and brains put together.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id like to be known as a thinking man's crumpet lol
  • SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    haha I don't think cash trumps looks,id rather have looks than be rich
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,just want to know what everyone really thinks,It seems these days youre shallow if you want to be perceived as good looking and if you mention someones looks,good or bad youre shot down in flames.Obviously both would be great but if you had to choose,be good looking or brainy what would you choose.For me looks anyday

I think people mostly end up with partners in the same sort of looks and brains league as themselves. I think we should probably all just be colour coded and paired off accordingly.
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha I don't think cash trumps looks,id rather have looks than be rich

Exactly.

If you are a looker, you will always earn.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I have both, I'm also extremely modest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good looks is great at first but after a while they turn ugly if they are thick.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm... Are we talking extremes here? And are we talking about relationship material or just sex?

A pretty but can't hold a meaningful conversation or a really ugly face with a lot to talk about... If we are talking those extremes then it would have to be neither else there would be no chemistry. Also I find that looks, personality and intelligence are kind of linked.

A conventionally pretty face that is vacant isn't actually that attractive but an average face but charisma and intelligence makes the person much more attractive.

In principal its no contest, its brains over looks for me as I'd get bored very quickly otherwise. But you need to find them attractive too else that wouldn't work. I mean if they are repulsive to look at then yer screwed.

The answer is a bit if both or none I'm afraid.

I'm aware this goes against the premise of the question, but that's my answer none the less.

And cash is meaningless, all material things are. I've been from rags to riches and back again. Doesn't make you happier as such. As long as you are comfortable then that's what's important (being broke isn't healthy and gravitating towards money is deeply unhealthy). With cash, well life is what you make of it.
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just picturing Salford royalty at the moment to be honest.

It's an odd image.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Both, but brains are more important to me. I couldn't deal with someone who was thick and I need someone I can have intelligent discussions with.
  • Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Looks of course! Who wants a brainy but ugly woman?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have neither. :p
  • NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The real answer is brains and humour. Look at say Lucy from Towie - beautiful looking girl but after 2 dates you would be begging for Dignitas
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks of course! Who wants a brainy but ugly woman?

Me, to live in a big house with an aston Martin in the drive or a council house with a 10 year old Peugeot 205 in the drive with a thick women who can't even iron a shirt.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Difficult but I think brains would have the edge.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brains by a mile, looks count for almost f*ck all, and once you get past 30 they count for literally f*ck all :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to be clean and decent looking but otherwise, definitely brains and a decent personality for me.

I can't think of anything worse than passing my life with an idiot.
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what I want out of the person. If it's for them to carry out brain surgery then brains would be preferable. If it's for a quick shag then I'd prefer looks.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd choose looks. Both for myself and in a partner.
  • unklesamunklesam Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think looks alone can get you further than brains ever can. I'd rather have looks. Sadly I've neither.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to be clean and decent looking but otherwise, definitely brains and a decent personality for me.

I can't think of anything worse than passing my life with an idiot.

What if they were just average intelligence? The op never mentioned that the person had be an idiot or thick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most here are commenting on potential partners, what about for themselves?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks fade. Brains and humour are more important to me.
  • DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting this, I went for a really attractive guy who materialised to be the kind
    of person you'd want as a phone-a-friend on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
    However, as loving and intelligent as he is, he has about as much common sense as an ESN donkey.
    His saving graces are his good humour, the fact that he can look at me in a certain way and I'll melt,
    and his ability to make all the green-eyed women at parties look at me with uncontrolled envy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks fade. Brains and humour are more important to me.

I work at a uni and know many super intelligent professors. With them often intelligence and a good sense of humour have an inverse relationship.