Hollyoaks Finn

Comments

• Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie clearly thought what he was doing was harmless banter. Until he realised the true extent of what had happened he has show a different side which I feel does make you feel for him.
    As Catepillar123 said Finn has done it because he wants power and control, where as Robbie wasn't bullying for that he clearly was doing it thinking it was fun
    Kids are cruel and that's what Robbie was doing. But no way has Robbie moulded Finn at all. Finn had problems before he even met Robbie. To say someone moulded someone else into being a rapist is ridiculous.
    how is it a weird sense of banter. he is still a CHILD. A lot of children and cruel and nasty and bully thinking its fun, then when growing up the feel bad. Just like Robbie.
    BIB how does it? Kids getting bullied at school, do they go on to bully. no they don't because they GROW UP and go on to lead better lives. Which is clearly what is happening to Robbie as he feels bad, he is growing up and realising that it was wrong.

Finn wants to be a "bad man" and that is all his own doing. Like with Ruby and the coke, that was Finn thinking he is a big man, not Robbie. So Finn wasn't feeling so small then was he. You cant blame one kid for the actions of another. Because that's all they are is kids.
    yea he was when he was being childish. But now he is growing up he knows what he was doing was wrong. No one is painting him as a great person, but as someone who is maturing, growing up and realising right from wrong. That's why he tried to make amends for what happened.

Thanks Blue Cheese. I agree with all you say. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    How are they going to prosecute though? there is no evidence, as JP ran out of the hospital, and Nana washed his clothes?

I know. It's a bit difficult. Even if JP speaks up, nobody will believe him unless Robbie confirms that Finn confessed to him. Keith did say Finn goes to desperate lengths to hide his actions so maybe he beats Robbie up or something and his family get suspicious because obviously with JP in prison he can't have done anything so they'll realise something else is going on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Finn is vile, everytime he is on screen all I want to do is reach through my tv screen and punch the living days light out of him.

We are in complete agreement there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ameredith wrote: »
    The reason Robbie made it up about his uncle abusing him is because he wanted to come back home, wrong I know but when you are away from home at that age you want to go back to your loving family and will do anything to get back.

Finn has always had issues when Diane got pregnant he thought she would just forget about him and Sinead. The week the rape happened he accused her of not caring for him like she does the twins or fighting with Sinead. Not that excuses him being a rapist but the difference between Finn and Robbie is that Robbie is not that evil he is just what I call a childish prank type of person and Finn has proven that he really is evil and likes hurting people and gets off on the power of it all.

Robbie knows he is loved and respected by his family but Finn doesn't and that is stupid after all Diane has done for him and Sinead, she has been there for them a lot more than their real parents.

Good point.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ameredith wrote: »
    The reason Robbie made it up about his uncle abusing him is because he wanted to come back home, wrong I know but when you are away from home at that age you want to go back to your loving family and will do anything to get back.

If Sandy has a problem with that lie, then she would be a total hypocrite for snogging Fraser again after he was revealed to be a liar, murderer, sex trafficker, drugs seller, gangster etc!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    How are they going to prosecute though? there is no evidence, as JP ran out of the hospital, and Nana washed his clothes?

no idea, I wonder if they will find the statue Finn hit him with, Sam remembers seeing a the knock over the head when he reported the rape, but I agree I don't see how they will prosecute him, unless Finn pleads guilty when he is exposed but I don't see that happening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know. It's a bit difficult. Even if JP speaks up, nobody will believe him unless Robbie confirms that Finn confessed to him. Keith did say Finn goes to desperate lengths to hide his actions so maybe he beats Robbie up or something and his family get suspicious because obviously with JP in prison he can't have done anything so they'll realise something else is going on?
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    no idea, I wonder if they will find the statue Finn hit him with, Sam remembers seeing a the knock over the head when he reported the rape, but I agree I don't see how they will prosecute him, unless Finn pleads guilty when he is exposed.

What if Finn was caught in the act attempting to Rape Robbie in the classroom during parents evening, and Sam, Sandy, Diane and Danny all walk in at the same time?
    Forum Member
    If Sandy has a problem with that lie, then she would be a total hypocrite for snogging Fraser again after he was revealed to be a liar, murderer, sex trafficker, drugs seller, gangster etc!

I don't see how you compare the two, like Sandy said she should hate him, I get you can't switch your feelings off, but I find it hard to believe and ridiculous she would let him again especially that quick after what he has done.
    I don't think I find Sandy a hypocrite if she has a problem with that lie, it would be ridiculous if she didn't have a problem with that, she is his mother what kind of message would that send if she is ok with her son lying about being abused.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see how you compare the two, like Sandy said she should hate him, I get you can't switch your feelings off, but I find it hard to believe and ridiculous she would let him again especially that quick after what he has done.

What Robbie said would be tiny compared to Fraser, if she can be a bit forgiving then surely she would be to her own son!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if Finn was caught in the act attempting to Rape Robbie in the classroom during parents evening, and Sam, Sandy, Diane and Danny all walk in at the same time?

even then Finn could say Robbie said yes.

Most rapes don't get reported until a long time after when there is no evidence. It has to go on statements and and "witness" reports on the people involved's behaviour.

it could end up being a recorded confession because Finn does love to gloat about it.
    Forum Member
    What Robbie said would be tiny compared to Fraser, if she can be a bit forgiving then surely she would be to her own son!

like I said what kind of message would that send if a mother just accepts there son lying about being abused, lying a being abused is a sensitive issue considering their is victims who are scared to speak up about it, and is Sandy actually fully aware of everything Fraser has done, I thought she only found out about what they did to Joe.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,606
    Forum Member
    I don't think I find Sandy a hypocrite if she has a problem with that lie, it would be ridiculous if she didn't have a problem with that, she is his mother what kind of message would that send if she is ok with her son lying about being abused.
    Causing major problems between Sandy and her sister and brother-in-law, and leading to the BIL ending up in hospital after being beaten up by his other nephews. It was far from being an innocent prank.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sandy was trying to hide the fact she has forgiven him, so she knows she has been a bit of a mug about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no idea, I wonder if they will find the statue Finn hit him with, Sam remembers seeing a the knock over the head when he reported the rape, but I agree I don't see how they will prosecute him, unless Finn pleads guilty when he is exposed but I don't see that happening.

No. Finn and Robbie threw it into the river on the night of the rape. Sam may remember the cut on JP's head though.
    Forum Member
    No. Finn and Robbie threw it into the river on the night of the rape. Sam may remember the cut on JP's head though.

yeah I know that but I wonder if anyone will find it.
    Forum Member
    even then Finn could say Robbie said yes.

Most rapes don't get reported until a long time after when there is no evidence. It has to go on statements and and "witness" reports on the people involved's behaviour.

it could end up being a recorded confession because Finn does love to gloat about it.[/QUOTE]

that could happen
    he feels invincible at the moment, but he will probably crap himself when the truth comes out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=blue_cheese;72237352]even then Finn could say Robbie said yes.

it could end up being a recorded confession because Finn does love to gloat about it.[/QUOTE]

Hold on - it would be a bit difficult for Finn to explain something like that away and I honestly don't see Robbie agreeing to sleep with Finn in a classroom when they are both straight. Nobody would buy Robbie saying yes even if Finn told such a stupid lie.

You do have a point about Finn gloating though and maybe someone taping it?
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member

Unfortunately, it looks like they are all setting up for homophobic Robbie to save poor, weak JP. Great message, Hollyoaks. Make a gay character so weak that he needs his homophobic bully to save him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

True, hmm maybe I worded it wrong when I said if she has a problem with that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it looks like they are all setting up for homophobic Robbie to save poor, weak JP. Great message, Hollyoaks. Make a gay character so weak that he needs his homophobic bully to save him.

It's not sending out a bad message at all. Robbie may have instigated the bullying but he clearly feels guilt and remorse, has apologised to JP and stopped bullying him. Realistically Robbie is the only person Finn would ever confess to and Robbie had more clues than anyone else hence him adding it all up together and forcing the truth out of Finn. I'm glad Robbie's swapped sides. It shows things are not black and white.

And JP is not weak. He would have submitted mitigating circumstances had Finn not terrorised him. Robbie's real statement would have got JP a suspended sentence, had not Finn destroyed it. JP would have had evidence had not Nana unknowingly washed his clothes. No - JP is not being shown to be weak at all.
    Forum Member
    Hold on - it would be a bit difficult for Finn to explain something like that away and I honestly don't see Robbie agreeing to sleep with Finn in a classroom when they are both straight. Nobody would buy Robbie saying yes even if Finn told such a stupid lie.

lol I agree people would be able to tell if Robbie is being raped and not giving his consent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Finn said it was consented sex they would have to consider it. Many times a rapist has said in court that she said yes so I carried on.

I didn't say anything about Robbie agreeing, just Finn is a good liar and manipulator that he could turn it around even if Robbie was saying it was rape. Especially after the whole uncle fiasco.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol I agree people would be able to tell if Robbie is being raped and not giving his consent.

Hollyoaks would never show anyone walking in on something like that, they always show the aftermath. Like they did with Finn and JP. So in the aftermath Finn could easily lie.

(Some people do lie there in fear during a rape and to someone walking in it may not look like rape)
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    It's not sending out a bad message at all. Robbie may have instigated the bullying but he clearly feels guilt and remorse, has apologised to JP and stopped bullying him. Realistically Robbie is the only person Finn would ever confess to and Robbie had more clues than anyone else hence him adding it all up together and forcing the truth out of Finn. I'm glad Robbie's swapped sides. It shows things are not black and white.

And JP is not weak. He would have submitted mitigating circumstances had Finn not terrorised him. Robbie's real statement would have got JP a suspended sentence, had not Finn destroyed it. JP would have had evidence had not Nana unknowingly washed his clothes. No - JP is not being shown to be weak at all.

Totally disagree. JP should not have to rely on a homophobic bully to be his saviour. The writers are making a mockery of this already and will make it even worse if they make JP have to grovel to bigoted Robbie for saving him. JP should be shown finding strength within himself and not having to depend on a hateful homophobe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Finn said it was consented sex they would have to consider it. Many times a rapist has said in court that she said yes so I carried on.

I didn't say anything about Robbie agreeing, just Finn is a good liar and manipulator that he could turn it around even if Robbie was saying it was rape. Especially after the whole uncle fiasco.

If it did happen, how would Finn explain being caught with his pants down and Robbie being frightened/dazed?