Hollyoaks Finn

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    If it did happen, how would Finn explain being caught with his pants down and Robbie being frightened/dazed?

if someone walked in, do u honestly think they are going to stand there looking at Robbie's face like "u alright mate, u look scared" no they would be embarrassed and hurry out the room probably covering their eyes. I know if I walked in on what I thought was consented sex I wouldn't be hanging around to look at their faces and that. no one would stand there open mouthed just staring.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Finn said it was consented sex they would have to consider it. Many times a rapist has said in court that she said yes so I carried on.

I didn't say anything about Robbie agreeing, just Finn is a good liar and manipulator that he could turn it around even if Robbie was saying it was rape. Especially after the whole uncle fiasco.

Hmm maybe but surely JP would suspect the truth if he heard of it, and Sam.

Besides, everyone would wonder why on earth Robbie would randomly sleep with Finn for no reason when they are both straight.

But you are right about Finn being a superb liar and manipulator.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Totally disagree. JP should not have to rely on a homophobic bully to be his saviour. The writers are making a mockery of this already and will make it even worse if they make JP have to grovel to bigoted Robbie for saving him. JP should be shown finding strength within himself and not having to depend on a hateful homophobe.

I agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm maybe but surely JP would suspect the truth if he heard of it, and Sam.

Besides, everyone would wonder why on earth Robbie would randomly agree to sleep with Finn for no reason when they are both straight.

ahh but people do experiment.

Sam is the only person who could find out. what with JP inside. It does look as thought they are making it look like Sam maybe the one to find out, but will she help him kind of thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally disagree. JP should not have to rely on a homophobic bully to be his saviour. The writers are making a mockery of this already and will make it even worse if they make JP have to grovel to bigoted Robbie for saving him. JP should be shown finding strength within himself and not having to depend on a hateful homophobe.

Whatever. You're determined to hate Robbie despite the fact that he can't change his past, has apologised to JP and is trying to make amends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ahh but people do experiment.

Sam is the only person who could find out. what with JP inside. It does look as thought they are making it look like Sam maybe the one to find out, but will she help him kind of thing.

True.

I know that anyone who walked in would cover their eyes and be embarrassed, depending on the situation but even then, if Finn had Robbie pinned up against a wall or something then most people would realise he was being violent with him.

Or maybe they will have Robbie being raped by Finn (without showing it of course) and have Robbie finally tell his family, report Finn to the police and say that Finn did the same to JP. JP would then be questioned and confirm it.
    Forum Member
    True.

I know that anyone who walked in would cover their eyes and be embarrassed, depending on the situation but even then, if Finn had Robbie pinned up against a wall or something then most people would realise he was being violent with him.

Or maybe they will have Robbie being raped by Finn (without showing it of course) and have Robbie finally tell his family, report Finn to the police and say that Finn did the same to JP. JP would then be questioned and confirm it.

I doubt they will do another rape or it would take the focus of JP's rape.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    I doubt they will do another rape or it would take the focus of JP's rape.

True. Anyway it would be too complicated.

A straightforward case of someone overhearing Finn threaten Robbie to keep quiet about him raping JP or Robbie taping Finn's confession or something like that would be better.

Although I don't think a soap has done serial rape before has it? Frank Foster only raped Carla Connor. Finn only raped JP. It might be good to show that a person who is capable of doing it once would be capable of doing it again.

Of course there are exceptional one off cases but in those cases the rape was usually not about power/control - just losing control in a certain situation.

We'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Whatever. You're determined to hate Robbie despite the fact that he can't change his past, has apologised to JP and is trying to make amends.

I'm perfectly justified in having a different opinion than you concerning Robbie. On the same token, I could say you are determined to praise and excuse Robbie no matter what.

Hopefully, they do not portray JP and the McQueens as groveling to Robbie after all is said and done.
    Forum Member
    True. Anyway it would be too complicated.

A straightforward case of someone overhearing Finn threaten Robbie to keep quiet about him raping JP or Robbie taping Finn's confession or something like that would be better.

Although I don't think a soap has done serial rape before has it? Frank Foster only raped Carla Connor. Finn only raped JP. It might be good to show that a person who is capable of doing it once would be capable of doing it again.

Of course there are exceptional one off cases but in those cases the rape was usually not about power/control - just losing control in a certain situation.

We'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out.

I think Hollyoaks have, but not sure.

EDIT: apparently there was a serial rapist called Andy Holt years back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm perfectly justified in having a different opinion than you concerning Robbie. On the same token, I could say you are determined to praise and excuse Robbie no matter what.

Hopefully, they do not portray JP and the McQueens as groveling to Robbie after all is said and done.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Robbie then.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if someone walked in, do u honestly think they are going to stand there looking at Robbie's face like "u alright mate, u look scared" no they would be embarrassed and hurry out the room probably covering their eyes. I know if I walked in on what I thought was consented sex I wouldn't be hanging around to look at their faces and that. no one would stand there open mouthed just staring.

But why would "they" want to have sex in a middle of parents evening in a classroom, you gotta be suspicious of something,
    If I was a teacher, I wouldn't back out the room, if I was a parent, I wouldn't leave them to it and hurry out the room!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    I think Hollyoaks have, but not sure.

EDIT: apparently there was a serial rapist called Andy Holt years back.

Oh right - thanks.