• jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to fill empty channel space
    surprised it wasn't on skyone myself
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    ajay567 wrote: »
    Why do Sky have a dedicated F1 channel when they are showing F1 on SS1 at the same time?

To promote the fact F1 is on and that platforms that don't have SSF1 are missing out!

(Corrected your post for you)
  • CappySpectrumCappySpectrum Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    surprised it wasn't on skyone myself

The F1 Show was the other day.
  • innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Also the F1 channel shows the entire weekend. All the practice sessions, qualifying, different race classes at the same circuit, and a longer race build up with behind-the-scenes interviews and analysis. t's incredible coverage really that you won't ever get anywhere else.
    Forum Member
    aurichie wrote: »
    Also the F1 channel shows the entire weekend. All the practice sessions, qualifying, different race classes at the same circuit, and a longer race build up with behind-the-scenes interviews and analysis. t's incredible coverage really that you won't ever get anywhere else.

This!

The content is so good that even Fox Sports Australia takes the entire live coverage from Sky and screens it to Australia.
    So if another countrys' sports broadcaster is coming to an agreement for use, you know you're onto something of a winner!!
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ajay567 wrote: »
    Why do Sky have a dedicated
    F1 channel ? when they are
    showing F1 on SS1 at the
    same time.

The F1 channel is available to anyone who has the old HD pack, so you can watch it without having to pay the higher price for Sky Sports.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The F1 channel is available to anyone who has the old HD pack, so you can watch it without having to pay the higher price for Sky Sports.
    Indeed. I once failed to spot that I was recording from SS1 and ended up calling Support to find out why I couldn't watch it :blush:
  • DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    The F1 Show was the other day.

The only reason why The F1 Show is on Sky1 is to advertise the F1 coverage on SSF1 to non subscribers and try to attract new subscribers.
  • VDUBsterVDUBster Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thought of the F1 Show getting people to sign up to Sky Sports... Hahahaha

Even as someone with Sky Sports F1, I don't watch that god awful show!
    Forum Member
    VDUBster wrote: »
    The thought of the F1 Show getting people to sign up to Sky Sports... Hahahaha

Even as someone with Sky Sports F1, I don't watch that god awful show!

I have to agree.
    I don't watch it anymore. Natalie Pinkham is one reason, the other is the fact it's god-awful cringe worthy crap!
  • paul gouvespaul gouves Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with Natalie.
  • aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    I have to agree.
    I don't watch it anymore. Natalie Pinkham is one reason, the other is the fact it's god-awful cringe worthy crap!

If you want cringe worthy crap, you've only got to watch the F1 highlights on BBC1 !
  • JimbobthonJimbobthon Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Sky's F1 coverage is absolutley brilliant, i can't fault it. The fact it covers the entire race weekend is great, too bad the F1 show is a little terrible.
    Forum Member
    aerofly2 wrote: »
    If you want cringe worthy crap, you've only got to watch the F1 highlights on BBC1 !

I saw some of it a few weeks back, they talked so much at the start and then edited so much content out it was pretty bad yes