Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,587
    Forum Member
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    Actors' agents must be queuing up to get their clients any old bit part for a week's holiday in Guadeloupe. Matthew Horne this week.

I wonder if the BBC pays these people's travelling expenses for what in the end is a jolly.
    Jealousy's a curse, you know ;) (And acting is not a "jolly" for anyone.)
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldnt say no to a part in it!!!
  • nic6nic6 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the shadows in the photos went the wrong way?

...And yes,Camille gorgeous. Undecided on preference between tight jeans and tight cream skirt.

Great series. One of my few "must watch" programs.

I think I preferred her in a bikini, series 1, episode 1.

I think the next (3rd) series will be the last.
    A quit whilst you're ahead kind of thing.

Great entertainment for a cold British winter evening. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the first episode on DVD. They were sending all the items of for forensics to the island of Guadalupe! Thought that was quite funny
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not being an actor, I am not the least bit jealous - why should I be? I am sure they are not back on a plane home the moment the director calls "cut", either!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forwards to the last episode of this series on Tuesday!
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Wench02 wrote: »
    Never occured to me that he was old enough to be her father!

According to wiki Ben Miller was born in 1966, and Sara Martins in 1977, so there is 11 years between them in real life, so really not unplausable!

NOT implausible about being her father? At 11?
  • NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We love this programme, its got it all. Crime, comedy, romance and beautiful scenery. What more could anybody want on a winters night?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkmacca wrote: »
    NOT implausible about being her father? At 11?

Not implausable that they would be interested in a relationship/getting married etc

not that he's old enough to be her father... although that depends on what bit of the country your from I suppose!
    Forum Member
    Not implausable that they would be interested in a relationship/getting married etc

not that he's old enough to be her father... although that depends on what bit of the country your from I suppose!

Ah, I see!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to be fair, I never actually realised that Ben Miller was that old. Thought he was 39/40ish!
  • sussex_seagirlsussex_seagirl Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Amazon and the BBC's own shop, the release date for the series 2 DVD is Monday 4th March. Six days after the series ends!:D

This is a massive improvement on the 10 months we had to wait for series 1! I wonder what's changed?
  • lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this week's, never guessed it was the professor..

That was the worst part; academic about to be upstaged by a junior researcher is rather cliched, especially as the same device was used in the finale of Lewis just a week earlier.
  • lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gee-em wrote: »
    was that stevenson screen the wrong way? I thought the door faced north so the sun didn't shine on the instruments?

Good spot.
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started watching this once when there was nothing on one Tuesday night
    and i absolutly loved it its a brilliant show!
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When they filmed the end of series 2, presumably they had no idea whether there'd be a series 3 or not, so in some ways it wouldn''t surprise me if he does go back and then returns.

I have noticed in the last few episodes-especially last week's-that there has been more and more of an emphasis on how Richard really didn't fit in back in London. It might have been Doug Anderson (Neil Pearson's character) who originally turned Richard's colleagues against him, but I'm sure Richard said something about the situation not changing after DA left.

Maybe in contrast to the ending of the first series, where the Commissioner tricked him in to staying, at the end of the second series, Richard will voluntarily decide to stay, because in spite of his idiosyncracies he fits in better there. No idea if that's at all likely-all speculation on my part-but I suppose that in spite of the lack of a decent cup of tea and way too much sunshine, it could happen.:)

I'm not saying the series is formulaic, (although it is!) but you could almost write the last scene yourself:

Richard is told that he is going back to London. He leaves in a taxi and gazes forlornly at the scenery and the beautiful flowers on the way to the airport/boat.

Next scene is Camille sitting at her mothers bar looking glum, when a shadow falls across her. She looks up and there is Richard grinning at her. Oh, what a surprise. He hasn't left after all!
    Forum Member
    Or a bit like dessert: they have their starter, their main course, and then...dessert. How predictable!
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    lammtarra wrote: »
    That was the worst part; academic about to be upstaged by a junior researcher is rather cliched, especially as the same device was used in the finale of Lewis just a week earlier.

Yes I suppose the ending could have been cliched, but it didn't alter the fact that I never guessed it was the Prof.! Obviously this was being filmed at roughly the same time as Lewis, so unless the writer of DIP went and spied on the set of Lewis, I think it is fair to say it was a coincidence.:D

Or a bit like dessert: they have their starter, their main course, and then...dessert. How predictable!

Maybe we like predictable, look it is a good old fashioned feel good show, it does what it says on the tin, if you don't like it then you can watch "the railway" about overcrowded trains, or "secrets of the pickpockets", or there is always "CSI" on channel 5, for real authentic crime:rolleyes:
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Watched the first season on and off but for the life of me can only remember a couple of episodes - but with a birthday coming up, I see the boxset making my DVD wish list
    But don't forget the episodes are the wrong way around, I think the last one was supposed to be the 1st of the new series so the one shown then with the blind date at the end and his looking back and Camille looking disappointed, should have been last Tuesdays.

Interesting - I wonder why the switch?
    What I want to know though... are we actually going to see Richard and Camille getting any closer???
    So do we reckon camille and richard are going to get it on over the next two episodes... Or are we going to have to wait for the next series

The BBC site for the series has the farewell scene as it's preview...

jcafcw wrote: »
    When the two of them were sheltering from the storm and talking was I the only one who had the feeling that Camille would have been receptive if Richard had leaned over and kissed her?

Not always that good at reading body language but it seemed that way.
    I honestly thought it would have been the other way round and that she was going to make her move... I snorted out loud when she sleep-talked "Don't tell anyone" when Fidel and Dwayne found them!
    Forum Member

Maybe we like predictable, look it is a good old fashioned feel good show, it does what it says on the tin, if you don't like it then you can watch "the railway" about overcrowded trains, or "secrets of the pickpockets", or there is always "CSI" on channel 5, for real authentic crime:rolleyes:

What's the rolleyes for and the patronisng lecture? Are you a bit simple and you can't see I was making the same point you were (belatedly)? Or are you so eager to sneer at people via multiple quotes you don't even pause to check that they're saying anything that, if you could grasp the irony, you might agree with?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it would work without any of the four main characters...

The Commissioner and Camille's mum add something to the show as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    RFS wrote: »
    I honestly thought it would have been the other way round and that she was going to make her move... I snorted out loud when she sleep-talked "Don't tell anyone" when Fidel and Dwayne found them!

Me too, I think they could be a little suspicious ;):D
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oops wrong programme.:o
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    What's the rolleyes for and the patronisng lecture? Are you a bit simple and you can't see I was making the same point you were (belatedly)? Or are you so eager to sneer at people via multiple quotes you don't even pause to check that they're saying anything that, if you could grasp the irony, you might agree with?

I wasn't being patronising, and no I'm not simple either, we dont come on this thread to sneer, we come on to talk about a programme we enjoy, we don't need any nastiness, if you have a comment to make then make it, dont bother with the irony and you won't be misunderstood:)

My first comment re: Lewis was in reply to a post talking about a previous post of mine, so I had every right to reply to it.

This is one of the few threads which doesn't attract trolls or people who are deliberately provocative, please don't spoil it with your rude personal comments.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, let's keep this positive, this is a simple, funny prog, well cast and in a beautiful location. can't wait for the new series..