Options

Special Occasion Dresses

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 493
Forum Member
Hello All,

I am starting a new business selling dresses for special occasions (Proms, Weddings etc)

There are a number of designs I am going to order and would like to ask you all to so a tiny piece of market research to help me. It's only 5 questions.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5VRXVXJ

I am really struggling to get people to fill it in. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

I hope you like the designs. If you have any other feedback, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again

Ros

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just completed it :)

Did you design those? I absolutely love LOVE dress 'n', its stunning. The others are lovely as well, but 'n' is something I would just really really love to wear. Sorry for repetitive words, its just single words didn't do it justice :o
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, those dresses are lovely! I want "H".

Tell me when you're in business. :D
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely dresses!

Will you have a website when you're in bussiness? This always helps. It was tough choosing my favourite dresses out of the lot as they were all so lovely:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you all for your responses so far! 13 at the moment. and thanks so much for your lovely comments.

Anymore responses would be most welcome.

About half of the designs are my own, the others are designs I have purchased.
    So far I have only had a limited number of dresses made, and I need a better idea of what will be popular before making any more.

It really means a lot to hear such kind words. I have recently divorced and have had very low self esteem. I have always wanted to start my own business and to hear such words of encouragement helps a lot.

I am in the process of making a website to showcase my products but ideally i'd want to sell direct to wholesale or stores.
    My website is asquaredshop.com
  • Options
    AneesaAneesa Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Done it! I love the long dresses,they look amazing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pukey wrote: »
    Thank you all for your responses so far! 13 at the moment. and thanks so much for your lovely comments.

Anymore responses would be most welcome.

About half of the designs are my own, the others are designs I have purchased.
    So far I have only had a limited number of dresses made, and I need a better idea of what will be popular before making any more.

It really means a lot to hear such kind words. I have recently divorced and have had very low self esteem. I have always wanted to start my own business and to hear such words of encouragement helps a lot.

I am in the process of making a website to showcase my products but ideally i'd want to sell direct to wholesale or stores.
    My website is asquaredshop.com

I wish you the very best of luck with it, I'm sure you will do brilliantly with dresses like that and your determination.

*off to look at website :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dress you have on the site called Katharine Purple (dress 'N' :D ) would look amazing in emerald green or bright red!

I think I am actually in love with that dress.

They are all one size at moment aren't they? :( as soon as I'm slim enough (have another half stone to lose) then I might have to treat myself to that dress.. Its stunning.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All done!

I loved the dress "O" the best!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I picked B, G and O.
    Off to check out your website :D
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just did the survey - lovely dresses :)
  • Options
    ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done. O was stunning :)

All the very best in your new venture x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done, they're lovely :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Done! Lovely dresses but O was exceptionally beautiful. I can really see myself wearing that. Good luck with everything! :)
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Done. Some of those dresses were stunning, gorgeous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks again everyone! in this cold and miserable weather, i really can do with this positive feedback.
    I now have over 60 responses! (which is plenty) Dress O certainly seams to be most popular.

Iv'e still got a way to go, but i'll keep you updated. Good night all.
    Ros
  • Options
    izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done.

I too loved "O"
  • Options
    Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just done the survey. O was by far my favourite dress as well, but I voted for G and L too. Good luck with your business. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I have just completed the survey. I actually wanted to pick all the dresses but you only allow me to pick max 3 haha.
  • Options
    Tasty DelightTasty Delight Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done :) x
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    They are very lovely dresses but for me most of them arent appropriate being overly gifted in the bosom department i need a good set of shoulder straps would never go strapless i would be too paranoid
  • Options
    LainiomonkioLainiomonkio Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh, I loved 'O' too - it's almost identical in colour and shape to the dresses we had for our bridesmaids. We didn't want conventional bridesmaidey type dresses so we opted for these so they could wear them at other occasions.... Ours had a sash in an obi style in the same colour as the dress but in both satinized and matte silk panels that hung down.
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gorgeous dresses! I wish you loads of luck with your business.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done - I picked G, J and K.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Done :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone.
    I Just wanted to say a big THANKS to everyone who filled in the Survey. I had over 150 responses!!!!

My friend and I have been busy trying to put together a website at www.asquaredshop.com, which is just about ready. Based on your comments I've featured the most popular dress on the homepage.

Finally, as a thank you. Anyone from the DS forums can have 25% off with the code F&FSPEICAL2013

I really appreciate your support.

-Ros