Options

Music channels

Comments

• Options
    JVDJVD Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame in a way as the slot use to be NME and Minx which both offered something different.

Could have given us a channel with a broader selection of music , less music channels are needed though some of them need to reformatting.

I predict that MTV Live will be the next channel to close.
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVD wrote: »
    Still broadcasting off the EPG showing videos in full.

11307 V
    2/3

Good spot.

Any other music channels not on the EPG that can be found that way?

I used to store some and i've just seen my old list on my box - most don't work now.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could have given us a channel with a broader selection of music , less music channels are needed though some of them need to reformatting.

This channel has gone way to "poppy" for me, I understand to a degree to have some but since UK control it is going OTT. MTV Live is just like MTV Music/Hits in my mind (maybe MTV Music can go too?), I thought MTV Live (under Poland control) was an "alternative" channel to what MTV2 use to be but with HD content? Now since UK control it is another channel I am slowly not watching now either - I admit I have watched Jason Derulo/Tinie/Labrinth/Rizzle Kicks on there but I just don't think the content really suits the channel - I think the nail in the coffin with me really on MTV Live was Girls Aloud - 10 been shown, you knew that was the beginning of the end..
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

MTV Live is actually a channel you can see working when there's less music channels. MTV has hours of unplugged concerts and ones from Europe plus MTV Awards. Plus it's there only high definition music channel.

There's a greater chance of VH1 or MTV Hits getting the chop given they have MTV Music and VH1 being quite a neglected channel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they don't swap the video stream over for Starz TV as it's worse than BuzMuzik was. Ideally I'd love to see the channel drop the quarter frame and have a video scrolling video numbers like The Box had and maybe still do pictures TV at certain times of the day. BuzMuzik was a complete failure and seemed to get much less viewers than NME. It's indents were quite fresh and it was uncluttered though.

Why CSC converted Bliss to a new music channel puzzles me. They now have no older music channels. The Vault is just cheesy 90's pop. Bliss is just pop from the past 5/10 years with the odd bit of indie thrown in. Chart Show is new music, Flava is R&B and CSC Dance is just recent dance.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New music means more channels are not watched, Its probably not even any good new music anyways. Its just rubbish like One Direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised they don't swap the video stream over for Starz TV as it's worse than BuzMuzik was. Ideally I'd love to see the channel drop the quarter frame and have a video scrolling video numbers like The Box had and maybe still do pictures TV at certain times of the day. BuzMuzik was a complete failure and seemed to get much less viewers than NME. It's indents were quite fresh and it was uncluttered though.

Why CSC converted Bliss to a new music channel puzzles me. They now have no older music channels. The Vault is just cheesy 90's pop. Bliss is just pop from the paset 5/10 years with the odd bit of indie thrown in. Chart Show is new music, Flava is R&B and CSC Dance is just recent dance.

CSC should move the cheesy pop over to Starz Tv : Starz for popular artists from past and present and reformat The Vault back into a classic hits music channel covering a broader range of classic music from Dance , Indie , Alternative , Chill out & Britpop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New music means more channels are not watched, Its probably not even any good new music anyways. Its just rubbish like One Direction.

I would admit that I am one of those viewers - I like my "vintage" music I like some of today's music but there is no variety on these channels, if so they possibly change the music before "teleshopping" late at night but during the day it is appaling - if you see a song on one channel it will appear on another in less than an hour but if its an oldie, you will not see it repeated til friggin christmas!

I know most people say the solution is "change the channel" but how can you change the channel when what your looking for is not music of today is mostly played?? Thats the problem and the attitude stinks anything before 2000 is basically slagged off or they tell the viewer "its old" and won't play it? Why? It just tells me that you have to be "withit" and be part of the TOWIE lot with music. UK culture/society has changed I can see that but they know how to alienate certain demographics!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSC should move the cheesy pop over to Starz Tv : Starz for popular artists from past and present and reformat The Vault back into a classic hits music channel covering a broader range of classic music from Dance , Indie , Alternative , Chill out & Britpop.

I would have thought The Vault would be better rebranded as Pop or something like this maybe Pop Music?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never liked the old Bliss - too much Take That and such nonsense, however the new Bliss is slightly better, but repetitive (always the same songs and artists) and too similar to other channels.

MTV Music, MTV Hits, MTV Live are too similar

Box, Smash Hits, Heat, 4Music too similar

Heart and Capital are just terrible full stop.

The likes of 4Music and Heat will stay though as it gives strange people the chance to be on TV (and on this occasion i;m not talking Miquita Oliver or Lucy Cave, but I could include them here)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought The Vault would be better rebranded as Pop or something like this maybe Pop Music?

The Vault went away from being a classic hits based channel in early 2008 because it was before i upgraded from SD to HD i saw them playing Shakespears Sister - Stay which hasnt been shown on the channel since nor anything before 1996 ! :o
    I never liked the old Bliss - too much Take That and such nonsense, however the new Bliss is slightly better, but repetitive (always the same songs and artists) and too similar to other channels.

MTV Music, MTV Hits, MTV Live are too similar

Box, Smash Hits, Heat, 4Music too similar

Heart and Capital are just terrible full stop.

The likes of 4Music and Heat will stay though as it gives strange people the chance to be on TV (and on this occasion i;m not talking Miquita Oliver or Lucy Cave, but I could include them here)

When you put VH1 head to head with Magic and Heart and Vintage i think the winner for the variety goes to Vintage closely second place Heart as its much better than Magic and VH1 put together!

Capital TV - as bad , the same music as the rest of the other music channels ;-):D

The Box - much the same as Smash Hits with the UK Top 40 and videos nothing different.

KISS - Boring! when its just like The Box minus the Pop and Rock.

Heat - is pointless just another Smash Hits with the odd older tune thrown in.

Magic - Since 4/Bauer took over it's been put on a repeat loop ever since!

Kerrang! - Very repetitive , Top 50 US Rock Anthems has been repeated hundreds of times since Christmas lol.

4music - Where's the frigging music to ? Even when they do show music they are soo shallow with what they play. They need to rid of the 'Music' of it's name and call it something else.

MTV's music channels suffer the same problem like BOX Television , MTV's worst music channel is VH1 it's like they've put the channel in limbo , they don't know what to do with it ! Best solution close it down !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vault went away from being a classic hits based channel in early 2008 because it was before i upgraded from SD to HD i saw them playing Shakespears Sister - Stay which hasnt been shown on the channel since nor anything before 1996 ! :o

When you put VH1 head to head with Magic and Heart and Vintage i think the winner for the variety goes to Vintage closely second place Heart as its much better than Magic and VH1 put together!

Capital TV - as bad , the same music as the rest of the other music channels ;-):D

The Box - much the same as Smash Hits with the UK Top 40 and videos nothing different.

Kerrang! - Very repetitive , Top 50 US Rock Anthems has been repeated hundreds of times since Christmas lol.

4music - Where's the frigging music to ? Even when they do show music they are soo shallow with what they play. They need to rid of the 'Music' of it's name and call it something else.

MTV's music channels suffer the same problem like BOX Television , MTV's worst music channel is VH1 it's like they've put the channel in limbo , they don't know what to do with it ! Best solution close it down !

I totally agree with everything you have said and that is my exact lines of thought, I will give Vintage at least some credit its became my own "new" VH1. Where as you again rightly point out VH1 is in a limbo (as mentioned numerous times by myself - where is the much needed upgrade? All MTV channels have "new" looks VH1 is still stuck in 2006-08 with its graphics! I too think it should just go as this is another channel gone straight downhill since the MTV ads appeared and then the poor playlisting last year (yet surprisingly mentioned on this thread - playlists seem to be "correct" than taking the mick).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noted tonight on MTV Dance they had a programme called "house classics" unfortunately I did not watch it but I wondered if this had anything to do with the passing of Frankie Knuckles this week? I may sound weird saying it but any other time I ain't seen MTV Dance actually dedicate that music during the day never mind that time of night?

Anyone see it and if any was there different songs (that never aired) or was it just the same?
  • Options
    welshboy89welshboy89 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Don't know if anyone has noticed but Chart Show TV , The Vault , Chart Show Dance and Bliss are all showing the same music videos in the same rotation every morning from 3am until 6am Scuzz and Starz are the only channels that are playing different content.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshboy89 wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone has noticed but Chart Show TV , The Vault , Chart Show Dance and Bliss are all showing the same music videos in the same rotation every morning from 3am until 6am Scuzz and Starz are the only channels that are playing different content.

I'm not up at that time, but if that's the case, that is shocking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree with most of that.

Magic have decided to repeatedly show the same charts over and over - some of them they made 3/4 years ago.

Kerrang yet again have the vote for best rock 100 - Bauer just seem to have the same charts/votes every year.
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, why did they get rid of Buzmuzik when Buzmuzik looks all fresh and Starz TV looks cheap and horrible.

Also, because Buzmuzik is gone, CS Dance has moved to 372 and as Clubland TV is 383 now I cant just press the ch+/- to move between them

Also, CS Dance has finished In The Mix: March so why are still doing In The Mix now, I like the ones with random songs even though sometimes they seem to repeat the same songs, but I cant stand the ones for specific artists like Example, David Guetta because when i listen to music, i want to listen to different songs, not an album
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshboy89 wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone has noticed but Chart Show TV , The Vault , Chart Show Dance and Bliss are all showing the same music videos in the same rotation every morning from 3am until 6am.

I think CSC have given up on their music channels to resort to this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, CS Dance has finished In The Mix: March so why are still doing In The Mix now, I like the ones with random songs even though sometimes they seem to repeat the same songs, but I cant stand the ones for specific artists like Example, David Guetta because when i listen to music, i want to listen to different songs, not an album

Same with Scuzz next to Kerrang these days. Won't work Clubland will still get more viewers as will Kerrang. Both have wider playlists than CSC.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    What is it with VH1 and their timing? I recorded Britney vs Lady Gaga (yes I know, but I'm a Britney fan and don't mind Gaga's music either even though I can't stand her as a person) last night and the other night and it was supposed to be on for an hour. The recording cut off when I'm A Slave 4 U (which is one of my favourite Britney songs) came on >:( Argh! Last night I nearly put my foot through the TV >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with VH1 and their timing? I recorded Britney vs Lady Gaga (yes I know, but I'm a Britney fan and don't mind Gaga's music either even though I can't stand her as a person) last night and the other night and it was supposed to be on for an hour. The recording cut off when I'm A Slave 4 U (which is one of my favourite Britney songs) came on >:( Argh! Last night I nearly put my foot through the TV >:(

Me and my lot record (and then onto DVD) all of our faves and Britney is a big thing in my house so I recall the programme (It's been on 3 times now, songs in different orders) and they went about 3 minutes over - we thought after Gaga (who we all don't like) and Beyonce (Also not liked) with their collab that their was no more Britney, but Slave 4 U appeared.

First time in ages i've seen VH1 go over.

Vault had it tonight too - Britney and friends - went over by about 3 mins.

We usually add a few mins on when recording, although things we tend to keep go straight to the DVD Recorder (and then edit out all the ads and unwanted songs such as Gaga!)

MTV channels are usually better with their timings than the other big channels.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Me and my lot record (and then onto DVD) all of our faves and Britney is a big thing in my house so I recall the programme (It's been on 3 times now, songs in different orders) and they went about 3 minutes over - we thought after Gaga (who we all don't like) and Beyonce (Also not liked) with their collab that their was no more Britney, but Slave 4 U appeared.

First time in ages i've seen VH1 go over.

Vault had it tonight too - Britney and friends - went over by about 3 mins.

We usually add a few mins on when recording, although things we tend to keep go straight to the DVD Recorder (and then edit out all the ads and unwanted songs such as Gaga!)

MTV channels are usually better with their timings than the other big channels.

Are you all big Britney fans? :D What's your favourite song or album? I don't know if I can add extra time to the recordings on my TV, but I was fuming when Slave 4 U was cut off. It's my all-time favourite Britney song and my TV knows I like that song. Last night my foot almost went through the telly. I watched it last night and Tuesday night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was watching VH1's Friday Night Disco - song featured is correct in "decade" however who is in charge changed the year date of the song! (morons!)

Sub Sub ft Melanie Williams - Ain't No Love (Ain't No Use) they say year was 2009! (it was released in 1994!!! - VH1 of all networks should know that or has some intern at network deleted the original year and thought to put a random year in place??)

Had to laugh when they played it in 90's Disco and luckily I recognised it but to say this was out in 2009 it was out of place - CORRECT THIS MISTAKE!!
  • Options
    chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    kezo wrote: »
    I noted tonight on MTV Dance they had a programme called "house classics" unfortunately I did not watch it but I wondered if this had anything to do with the passing of Frankie Knuckles this week? I may sound weird saying it but any other time I ain't seen MTV Dance actually dedicate that music during the day never mind that time of night?

Anyone see it and if any was there different songs (that never aired) or was it just the same?

Didn't see last week if it was already scheduled on the EPG anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you all big Britney fans? :D What's your favourite song or album? I don't know if I can add extra time to the recordings on my TV, but I was fuming when Slave 4 U was cut off. It's my all-time favourite Britney song and my TV knows I like that song. Last night my foot almost went through the telly. I watched it last night and Tuesday night.

I would say my 4 daughters were the fans (they have literally hundreds of DVD's recorded (and my boy wouldn't admit it anyway) - i'm more a fan of the visual side, but as pop stars go, she is one of the best performer wise.

I think my girls prefer the music after the meltdown. Womanizer is the one they sing the most, so it must be that...although Perfume was a big hit with them too. I prefer '3' just for the video :cool:

It will be repeated again, i'm sure. These stations don't usually put together a programme and only show it 2 or 3 times.