anyone else surprised....

StrangeStrange Posts: 14,952
Forum Member
✭✭
That sally didn't choose walk on by as her last song?, it was easily her best performance

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sally didn't choose walk on by as her last song?, it was easily her best performance

Same plus once again she was drowned out by all the background noise .

They are trying to scupper her chances I think.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    I think Jermain's performance may have knocked off Sally.
  • FacechildFacechild Posts: 1,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All three finalists were great. They all have big careers now. Good on them!
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was delighted she reprised Dear Darling.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Definitely, Walk on by was my fave performance of the whole series.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed that Sally didn't do "Walk on By" but, I don't think she would have beaten Jermain on that final performance. It was simply stunning and reminded me why I loved his first audition. If anything you can hear that he's come a long way since we first heard him and that's kudos to Wil.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will looked the most surprised. Goes to show the online voting made the difference.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had Sally to win but felt (imo) she chose the wrong songs for her final performance. She is a professional and doesn't need lots of 'woooo hooo yeeee' OTT warbling dramatics.....but i was disappointed with her choice.
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    That final song choice decided the winner IMO. I wanted Sally to win but honestly, all 3 were good enough, all deserving on talent, but Jermaine knocked seven bells out of that last song. He KO'd the competition. And I think because the contestants don't get the rabid fans who vote for their fave regardless, like X Factor (partly cos the weird format doesn't let viewers build allegiances) Jermaine scored extra votes IMO.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    That final song choice decided the winner IMO. I wanted Sally to win but honestly, all 3 were good enough, all deserving on talent, but Jermaine knocked seven bells out of that last song. He KO'd the competition. And I think because the contestants don't get the rabid fans who vote for their fave regardless, like X Factor (partly cos the weird format doesn't let viewers build allegiances) Jermaine scored extra votes IMO.

Agreed. :) Jermain and Sally have been my favourites since the auditions and I gave Jermain my final vote because of that stunning final performance. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I was looking forward to Sally singing Both Sides Now, as I thought it would be perfect for her, but I was disappointed that they chose to perform it as a slowed-down, overproduced power ballad. If Sally had just sang it as a simple folk song it would have had much more impact. Virtually all of the song choices tonight were poor. I actually think most of the singers on The Voice are better before the coaches get their claws into them.
  • EclecticGuyEclecticGuy Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I was looking forward to Sally singing Both Sides Now, as I thought it would be perfect for her, but I was disappointed that they chose to perform it as a slowed-down, overproduced power ballad. If Sally had just sang it as a simple folk song it would have had much more impact.

I so agree with this point. I adore that song but I didn't like that arrangement and it's 'shape' was odd - the selection of verses: maybe it only works if you hear all three verses and choruses, with their cumulative effect.

I didn't mind her choice of Dear Darlin' but fur some reason even that didn't come over as well as in the duet round.
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This. I thought good on her for choosing a song she enjoying singing unlike the other two who used their strengths singing the ones they knew they sang best on and received most positive reactions on. But for me her Walk On By was just amazing.