Joe Wicks

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,459
Forum Member
✭✭
What happened to Joe Wicks after he left EastEnders? did he return up North? is David in touch with his son?

Paul Nicholls said last year that he does not remember his time on EastEnders.

Comments

• Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see him return. I was a bit too young to see him on EE but I remember bits and pieces.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He went to Bolton with Lorraine, I don't think David has been in touch with him since that rainy night he left Walford with Joe begging him to stay.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so Unfinished Business then?

If DTC plans to build up the Wicks/Butcher's then maybe he needs to chat to Paul Nicholls agent.
  • YY_YYY_Y Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    He left with Lorraine and I think him and Sarah reconciled off screen and him and when David returned in 2012 he said Joe has children and he's not in contact with him.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Paul Nicholls back on the Square - there is the ideal situation now!
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,475
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    What happened to Joe Wicks after he left EastEnders? did he return up North? is David in touch with his son?

Paul Nicholls said last year that he does not remember his time on EastEnders.

I still remember my late teens:o and I wasn't in a top rated soap so for Paul to say he doesn't remember his time on EE when he was in his late teens really irritates me because it's so dismissive and arrogant.

Some people seem to forget that it's the high profile exposure of a soap that propels their career forward in the first place (Michelle Ryan springs to mind here:mad:!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scene where Joe locked himself in his room and what I can remember covered it with tin foil or something like that was heartbreaking but very strong tv.
  • SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh yes, I was so young when he was on EE but I do remember a fair bit. It was a great storyline and a great character.

It was quite funny how he started off as a major heart-throb then the character of Joe Wicks just got dirtier and dirtier (with that green jumper and combats that he always wore)
  • SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see the point in him returning though because what else can they do with him exactly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Joe ever get together with Sarah Hills?
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Joe ever get together with Sarah Hills?

Yeah apparently off screen though, would love both of these characters back, Joe has all his family around him and I have visions of Sarah returning as the new local vicar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Vicar would be interesting...

But that's means Joe will be a Vicars Husband serving tea and cake at the Vicarage!
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe and Sarah returning married with a couple of kids would be interesting. Strangely they're both related to Ian - Joe is Ian's nephew and Sarah is Ian's cousin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder DTC will be on the case?
  • Tanz01Tanz01 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    With Patsy Palmer leaving , I really hope this happens. DTC needs to make sure Michael French has plenty of storylines to stick around for . Not sure I want all his storylines to be about Carol if MF is planning on staying . It adds something to see David as a father .
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please. Also Lorraine and her lovely hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tanz01 wrote: »
    With Patsy Palmer leaving , I really hope this happens. DTC needs to make sure Michael French has plenty of storylines to stick around for . Not sure I want all his storylines to be about Carol if MF is planning on staying . It adds something to see David as a father .

Agreed- there is a whole storyline arc to be explored between David & Joe.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Joe and Sarah returning married with a couple of kids would be interesting. Strangely they're both related to Ian - Joe is Ian's nephew and Sarah is Ian's cousin.

More awkward interelations on EE then
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene where Joe locked himself in his room and what I can remember covered it with tin foil or something like that was heartbreaking but very strong tv.

From what I can remember he covered all the electronic stuff in the flat in tin foil and when David broke into his room the walls were full of newspaper cuttings and some pictures of Grant Mitchell. It was when David finally began to realise how ill Joe was.:(
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Throwback Tuesday - Joe Wicks and some good acting = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIYlOSiT8AM
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like David to confront his past with Joe.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember too much about his time on the show onky the classic images of the tin foil in his room and yapping on about aliens.

Also, Lorraine's voice that cut right through me "Jowwwwww. Jowwwwwwww"
  • Tanz01Tanz01 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Jacqueline Leonard is a very capable actress . It's interesting that she felt Lorraine had been changed so much from when she initially came in . They shouldn't have changed her so much . I think it would be great to have Lorraine back and bring her back as a strong character that she was when she first came in. She did turn into a bit of wimp towards the end although I did love her relationship with Grant .

Also Jacqueline Leonard , Paul Nicholls and Michael French worked really well as a family unit even though I can't see Lorraine ever falling for David ever again . She was the only woman who was wise to his nonsense.
    If Lindsey Coulsen does decide to leave , I hope they will do all they can to keep Michael French .
  • Max LoveMax Love Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I don't see the point in him returning though because what else can they do with him exactly?

Fans still want him back but
    It won't Be the same
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vaguely remember him and the tin foil. It would be good to see the character back, maybe still with a mental illness that is mostly under control but with flare ups.