Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    The worse case scenario is going to happen and Liverpool are going to win the league, it's going to be a living nightmare. They are a fine team at the moment but the press and the Liverpool fans will never let you forget it. Fair play they probably deserve it though.

I agree; a worst case scenario indeed.

It's going to be a painful Summer.

Thankfully we have the World Cup Finals to distract the press & the fans from the Liverpool love-in which has already begun.:(

Saying that, they have been playing so well recently that they do deserve to win the title, as much as that hurts me to say it.

I just don't want to be reminded of it for the next 10 years!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least the sugar daddy clubs won't win it. Small consolation.

As has been said, if we're not in it, there's no point in moaning, it just highlights how important it is for us to be in the race, mr moyes/glazers.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    dmuk wrote: »
    At least the sugar daddy clubs won't win it. Small consolation.

As has been said, if we're not in it, there's no point in moaning, it just highlights how important it is for us to be in the race, mr moyes/glazers.

Yeah it is a small consolation, and your right it does show that even in this era of the sugar daddies, if you have a good manager like a Ferguson or Rodgers you can still win the league instead of the money bag clubs. It shows the importance of getting the right manager in charge and Moyes isn't it, if we could get in someone like a Van Gaal then you never know we could be back in contention next season.
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    It's no consolation at all. If Liverpool win the league then there will be no consolation, no silver lining, just serious annoyance. At this stage I am cheering on City (I'd prefer Chelsea but as long as Liverpool don't win it I'd take City)
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Lallana and Shaw linked again today. I don't even begin to understand how Lallana would fit into our side, good and all as he obviously is. He's not a Utd player IMO.

Moyes isn't a United manager, but we're stuck with him (for however long) so that sort of weakens any 'not good enough for United' arguments over various players!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    United have got themselves into a right mess here with the appointment of Moyes here.....if they give him till next season and we are 6th in December and they decide to get rid then who do we get? Klopp/Van Gall will not be available then!

Some hack who knows United apparently made the odd comment that United will give Moyes a summer but if it doesn't work will get rid in September.

Apart from the obvious - how can anyone be judged after a month whether what they did in the summer works or not .... what on earth is the point of sacking him in September, or even, as you say in December, when managers of quality will be esconsed in clubs elsewhere, after the World Cup?

If they don't want another season like this one - and next season is more likely to be another 2014 season than 2013 season, then he has to go in May, it's as simple as that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unlikely. Fergie and Charlton see him as a long term appointment, this season would have been perceived as growing pains. We are stuck with him for at least minimum 1 more season.

But if you believe what you read, what Fergie and Charlton think will have no bearings on when Moyes goes.

Didn't Fergie once consider O'Neill or Sven to replace him?

Yet he was still allowed to pick who he wanted!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree; a worst case scenario indeed.

It's going to be a painful Summer.

Thankfully we have the World Cup Finals to distract the press & the fans from the Liverpool love-in which has already begun.:(

Saying that, they have been playing so well recently that they do deserve to win the title, as much as that hurts me to say it.

I just don't want to be reminded of it for the next 10 years!

Sad fact is, Liverpool haven't won the title for 20 odd years, they've never won the Premier League, so if they win it, it's bound to be an OTT reaction. Sad fact of life.

I can already imagine England captain Gerrard being asked more about Liverpool than England when he's in Brazil!
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great game. If it was any other team but Pool, I would be cheering them on. The speed they play at and thier committment to attack is admirable. And ten wins on the spin is no mean feat. But as it is, it's making the season even harder to take...

... and I have a sneaking feeling that Chelsea are going to lose today as well...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A year is a long time, is it not!

A year ago, we wrapped up the title after 33 games; little did I think that not only would we not even be in contention for the title at any point this season, but that Liverpool, of all teams, would have it in their hands to take our title off us with just an handful of games remaining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great game. If it was any other team but Pool, I would be cheering them on. The speed they play at and thier committment to attack is admirable. And ten wins on the spin is no mean feat. But as it is, it's making the season even harder to take...

... and I have a sneaking feeling that Chelsea are going to lose today as well...

It wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea lost.

They're strikers are near useless, plus they're in Champions League mode & I think they'll target that competition, because, much like Arsenal in the FA Cup, the CL is almost falling into their lap.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    The worse case scenario is going to happen and Liverpool are going to win the league, it's going to be a living nightmare. They are a fine team at the moment but the press and the Liverpool fans will never let you forget it. Fair play they probably deserve it though.

Indeed. They'll keep talking about it like England's 1966 victory :D. But fingers crossed the Scousers will falter in the final few games as I expect them to. It's the Liverpool way :cool:.

Bloody hell, when you actually want City to win, they go and lose instead :D. Hopefully, they will win their two games in hand and close the gap on Liverpool in the coming weeks. I don't get why City are being made to wait so long to play their games in hand, it's not like they have any other competition to play in.
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    Pity that the referee can't see a handball at five yards. Reminds me of when Chelsea won the title with drogba's offside goal.....
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Thats same ref who was handing out penalties like candy at OT.

He bottled sending off Suarez, giving a penalty to city for Sakos challenge and a penalty for Skertl's handball.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool get penalties for fun these days. They had another two penalties against West Ham that won them the game. The ref was probably disappointed Liverpool couldn't score a goal in open play.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    If Liverpool win it we should be the first to offer our congratulations and behave like actual adults.

We aren't going to win it so chances are its going to hurt to watch City or Liverpool lift the trophy.

We need to suck it up, as hard as that may be, and just wear it it. Our job is then to come back next season and take the trophy back. Simple as that.

We need to be classy in defeat guys.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    Looks like Liverpool - Chelsea may be the title decider then, in 2 weeks time. And a Chelsea win or a draw could hand it to City, which I wouldn't mind in fact.

But the way they are playing, and being sandwiched in between two CL matches for Chelsea, Liverpool must be favourites for that one, and to think that I thought it was bad enough seeing Everton in 4th place 9 points ahead of us! >:(
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Liverpool win it we should be the first to offer our congratulations and behave like actual adults.

We aren't going to win it so chances are its going to hurt to watch City or Liverpool lift the trophy.

We need to suck it up, as hard as that may be, and just wear it it. Our job is then to come back next season and take the trophy back. Simple as that.

Agreed.

It's going to be f*****g horrific, but we've just got to get on with it. The reaction to this will make their CL win look like a routine League Cup win.

If that means avoiding all forms of media for a while then that's what I'll do. I still haven't seen Kompany lift the PL trophy from a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    I prefer clubs like Liverpool and Man Utd to win things.

They are the Lakers/Celtics of English football.

City and Chelsea have an artificiality to them which I don't like.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We haven't been classy in defeat on this thread all season. Why start now? ;-)
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    We haven't been classy in defeat on this thread all season. Why start now? ;-)

I don't care, most of the people in this thread these days are classless c**** anyway. I couldn't give a crap what they think. However i think it would be cool if we could display a bit of dignity at the prospect of a rival winning the title given that its going to happen whether we like it or not.

Id like to see us do that and then concentrate on getting it back, rather than worry about the merits (or lack of) of the team thats taking it off us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about showing dignity and class in defeat. However, there's nothing wrong with a bit of banter against our rivals, surely? :)
    It's one of the fun aspects of being a footie fan :D.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Agreed.

It's going to be f*****g horrific, but we've just got to get on with it. The reaction to this will make their CL win look like a routine League Cup win.

If that means avoiding all forms of media for a while then that's what I'll do. I still haven't seen Kompany lift the PL trophy from a couple of years ago.

Thank goodness for the World Cup to take some of the focus away from it, for part of the summer!

But if as now seems likely that they do end up lifting the Premier League trophy, then they would have fully deserved it, no matter if we on here would rather they didn't win it.

Come the build up to next season, and pre-season that will be the hardest part of all, as that is when I think the media will go into over-drive in terms of showing footage of Liverpool enjoying their success, so the only place to hide, might be to stay on MUTV! ;-)
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    I came to terms weeks ago that Liverpool might win the league. Yeah I hope they choke but if they do win it then fair play to them, yes there fans will be unbearable, just like ours have been for years.

It's funny seeing the hysterical mess most on a forum like Red Cafe are, considering they have been ripping the piss out of Liverpool supporters for years for being small time and petty, yet in the space of having it bad for a few bleeding months they have become almost as bad as any of the RAWK nutters.

I'm hoping Liverpool winning the league will be the ultimate kick up the ass for the club, we can't just coast or appoint any old toss as manager and expect the good times to keep rolling in, we're going to have to work for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea are playing woefully against a ten man swansea, might as well just give liverpool the title now.
This discussion has been closed.