Person of Interest - UK Premiere - Starts 14th August 10pm Channel 5 [NO SPOILERS]

Comments

• AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    Surprisingly, as I thought the previous week was dire, I enjoyed it this week too. I must have missed something, though ... The genius student, Caleb, how did he avoid being lynched by the drug gang? When he didn't show at the appointed place the night he went instead to jump under the train, weren't the gang going to hunt him down? Or is it an ongoing story?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    AKFE wrote: »
    Surprisingly, as I thought the previous week was dire, I enjoyed it this week too. I must have missed something, though ... The genius student, Caleb, how did he avoid being lynched by the drug gang? When he didn't show at the appointed place the night he went instead to jump under the train, weren't the gang going to hunt him down? Or is it an ongoing story?

I think i remember Finch telling Fusco to go and handle them
  • PerfectMarkPerfectMark Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Really good ep.
    Moved to 11pm next week. WTF are Channel 5 upto.
    NCIS an hour later too.
    All I can think is there is someone at Channel5 that wants to get rid of all US shows. Gradually moving them to rubbish slots so or outright cancelling them until they have none left.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely the other guys that Reese was arrested will know that he isn't one of them so why haven't tney said so??
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    All I can think is there is someone at Channel5 that wants to get rid of all US shows. Gradually moving them to rubbish slots so or outright cancelling them until they have none left.

Does the timing matter? Most people have PVRs, so you record and then watch at your leisure. I cant remember, the last time I watched something live, apart from the news and some sporting events. Even with the football, I will watch 10/15 mins later, so I can FF the half time analysis.
    Verence wrote: »
    Surely the other guys that Reese was arrested will know that he isn't one of them so why haven't tney said so??
    Do they even know why they are being held? I havent see the FBI interview any of them. Are they assuming that they have been held for bank robbery? Of which they are all guilty. If the FBI are saying we are after a man in a suit - well all of them were in a suit. So it could be any of them.

Wouldnt it be interesting, if Reese is targeted in prison, and his 'number' is given by the machine?
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Interesting episode tonight with Reese hardly featuring. I enjoyed it.
    Surprisingly good, with a Reeese Lite episode - and Mr Swift in charge.;-)
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ACU wrote: »
    Does the timing matter?
    It doesn't matter to me, but switching channels does. I wouldn't have realised Helix was on 5* without Digital Spy.
  • Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    It doesn't matter to me, but switching channels does. I wouldn't have realised Helix was on 5* without Digital Spy.
    Argh, what episode number was the first Helix not on 5?
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    You're in luck. They're repeating eps at the moment.

1-6 have been on Channel 5. Ep 5 is on 5* this Saturday; the 12th. I assume it's 6 next week and then new eps after that.

Info from DigiGuide.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody watched this week? The show just keeps getting better and better, brilliant episode!
    Forum Member
    I only just watched it tonight. Yes; 'twas brilliant. As soon as that FBI guy finally found out what was going on I knew he was a goner :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Keep watching. I'm at US pace and it gets better and better.
    Forum Member
    I only just watched it tonight. Yes; 'twas brilliant. As soon as that FBI guy finally found out what was going on I knew he was a goner :D
    What a way to go - but Reese and Carter, had to be lucky - their 'chats' were interesting too.

And Elias turns up.:o

Thought Fusco's action was hilarious, with Karolina Kurkova, playing herself.:cool:
    Forum Member
    It was like 'Doctor-Lite' episode of "Doctor Who". "Person Of Interest" with no actual person of interest. :D
    Forum Member
    It was like 'Doctor-Lite' episode of "Doctor Who". "Person Of Interest" with no actual person of interest. :D
    I thought Reese was the main Person of Interest - with more of his back-story, plus the Model.;-)
    Forum Member
    Nah, because his number didn't come up; in the machine anyway. And the model story was obviously only thrown in to give some light relief. (And she can give me light relief anytime she likes :p)
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missed it ...DAMM ,,,anyone know when it repeats ?

also just relaised this is an old thread :D my search skills are weak !!!!

so does anyone know when it reairs ? it went for a id season break and haven't heard hide or hair of it
  • PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missed it ...DAMM ,,,anyone know when it repeats ?

also just relaised this is an old thread :D my search skills are weak !!!!

so does anyone know when it reairs ? it went for a id season break and haven't heard hide or hair of it

It's still available on Demand 5.
    Forum Member
    So I guess, we're going to see more of the guy, who Kara WAS working for.:confused:

Good one this week, with the 21st Floor and the Vests.:o

And it had to be the final number for the Code.:cool:
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not quite sure what they were saying at the end. So Mr Fitch ordered the retrieval of the briefcase. Does that mean he also ordered both agents killed? I don't see why he would care, especially as they didn't know what was in the briefcase. As it turns out the briefcase contained a threat to the machine, his motives on that part are clear enough.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »
    Keep watching. I'm at US pace and it gets better and better.
    Yes this. Better hope CH5 picks up season 3 as it's the best yet. :cool:
    Forum Member
    Did the female agent (Reeses love interest from the past) die in the explosion? At the end we see the security camera showing her get into the car. Then the camera blanks out and the clock jumps forward 8 seconds, then we see the explosion. She could, in theory, have got out in those 8 seconds.
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    Did the female agent (Reeses love interest from the past) die in the explosion? At the end we see the security camera showing her get into the car. Then the camera blanks out and the clock jumps forward 8 seconds, then we see the explosion. She could, in theory, have got out in those 8 seconds.
    I'm guessing not.
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    I'm guessing not.

Then it begs the question, how did the agents know she died in the car? When they were talking to Carter at the end, they mentioned two people died in the car.

The other point, is if she did get out, why would she close the car door? When you running away from a bomb you would open the door to get out, but you wouldnt waste time closing the car door.

I think the writers have left it open, if they can see a story line with her in the future, they can bring her back. If not they wont bother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Just in case people want the choice the whole second series is now on Netflix UK.

As a US pace viewer I think it is a shame how Channel 5 have treated this show since the start.