Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Ellie Goulding Appreciation Thread

Old 26-03-2014, 16:48
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

I don't know whether she would be good or not, she isn't the type of x factor artiist, she is very much her own artist and singer-songwriter. I don't know we'll see. As for new music she finishes touring stateside in May and I think will take a break so sometime in 2015.
Hav_mor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-04-2014, 17:06
mimicole
Forum Member

I'm no fan of the X Factor so I would be pleased if she turned it down. It's a big commitment and I know that she said in her interview with Michael Parkinson the other night that she wants to take a break at some point. Did anyone else see that? It was called Masterclass on Sky Arts.

Listening to the tracks from Halcyon Days. I don't know how I feel about them. "Burn" is far from her best, in my opinion. I love Halcyon as a stand-alone album.
mimicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2014, 17:32
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

She has worked solidly since October 2012. I think to he wants to and deserves to take some serious time off.

As for Halcyon Days I always said it should have been a stand alone. The quality is not up to the standard of Halcyon and tarnishes the entire era. But it did wonders in revitalising her overall career so it did some good. hopefully album number 3 no rel-releases or label interventions ;p.
Old 14-04-2014, 19:31
Stu_Mck5
Forum Member

Did anyone else see that? It was called Masterclass on Sky Arts.
So glad you mentioned that, forgot all about it. Just checked and it's repeated 10am Tuesday morning, so thanks

Ellie's Coachella set - http://youtu.be/HRDYMifNqOM
Stu_Mck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2014, 22:13
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

Thanks for both Stu .