CS: Loving the new Maria

Comments

• Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    I'm also loving Maria now
    It's not really like she's had a personality transplant like some people are saying, it's just showing her darker side
    MrJames wrote: »
    I think that street fight is my favourite scene of the year so far. I am SO #TeamMaria, I want her to go even more out of control.

I'm going to follow the storyline from Friday onwards when she makes a pass at Tyrone but yes I'm glad they are taking her down a darker route.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    I think that street fight is my favourite scene of the year so far. I am SO #TeamMaria, I want her to go even more out of control.

Love this new Maria. Yep, hope she goes a bit more psycho on their asses, while maintaining the upper hand. Like, batshit crazy with dignity. Team Maria. Hurrah! (sorry I can't bring myself to hashtag. It feels too modern.)
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    Fiz took Tyrone off her when he was together with her.

Aye, but Fiz is quite the stunnah. Such a catch that any man should be immediately forgiven for straying.
    priscilla wrote: »
    The only good thing that could come out of this sl is if Maria kills Fizz, then goes to jail.

:D Excellent. Have changed teams. I'm now Team Maria Kills Fiz Then Goes To Jail. Hasha-ma-tag.....:cool:
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only reason I felt any sympathy for Maria. Eileen and Sean sticking their oar in matters which never concerned them.

That doesn't mean to say she behaved right, or Todd is in the wrong -- they all should be held accountable. She was dumb for thinking the relationship would work, while Todd courted Marcus inappropriately.

Only a deluded female of the highest order would believe Marcus in this instance.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only a deluded female of the highest order would believe Marcus in this instance.

Maria certainly would, seeing as she is vapid and as thick as gravy.:D
  • Options
    s.mouses.mouse Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    #TeamMaria all the way! The reason she is flipping out now is because this is the latest in a long line of betrayals by men. I think all her fella's the past few years have cheated, lied to, or dumped her. It's bound to take it's toll mentally on anybody. Plus Todd does my head in!
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was loving Maria too; loving her getting a verbal beatdown from Todd NotHitler! :cool:

'Twas the highlight of the episode. It should happen every week!
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria has been cheated on in the past, and she didn't turn "bad" then. Why is it different now?

as iv said she's gone crazy in the past
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    s.mouse wrote: »
    #TeamMaria all the way! The reason she is flipping out now is because this is the latest in a long line of betrayals by men. I think all her fella's the past few years have cheated, lied to, or dumped her. It's bound to take it's toll mentally on anybody. Plus Todd does my head in!

She can't expect sympathy when she done the same to jason and broke up Sean's relationship! She's a slag. A hypocritical victim playing slag.

The character of course, not the actress ;-)
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    Toddhitler really has the mother he deserves.
    Eileen was disgusting for trying to run down Maria and her relationship with Marcus like that. She hasn't got a maternal bone in her body to slag off poor Maria like that and if she really gave a tinkers about her precious Toddhitler she wouldn't want him to be a sleazy, creepy meddler in people's lives.
    No wonder Eileen has no husband and everyone uses her like a dogsbody, She has no self respect so how can she expect to get respect in return.
    She should go and fling herself in front of one of the taxis.

Agreed, Maria needs to use her new phone as ammunition for Eileen's evil eye rather than terrifying poor Tirrone. :(

And yep I enjoyed Maria's batshit crazy episodes through the Liam saga too. I think there's something about her relative ordinariness/dimness that makes it so dam adorable when she loses her rag, like 'aww, you go girl'. Just want to wrap her in a blanket and take her home as she spits venom.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    I was loving Maria too; loving her getting a verbal beatdown from Todd NotHitler! :cool:

'Twas the highlight of the episode. It should happen every week!

Absolutely. Next time I hope she heaves something bigger in his moosh. Like a toaster. A big 4 slice one.
    big dan wrote: »
    Agreed, Maria needs to use her new phone as ammunition for Eileen's evil eye rather than terrifying poor Tirrone. :(

And yep I enjoyed Maria's batshit crazy episodes through the Liam saga too. I think there's something about her relative ordinariness/dimness that makes it so dam adorable when she loses her rag, like 'aww, you go girl'. Just want to wrap her in a blanket and take her home as she spits venom.

Agree. BIB in particular made me lol. :D
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    All hail King Todd. Totally owned her. He should go to the police regarding the assault. Maria should be locked up and her child put in an orphanage or Borstal or whatever.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe it about Marcus, Everyone was going "yeah, right" when they were together

Even Tyrone was right about it. She just wanted the fantasy not the real man

Didn't something ring when the sex stopped?
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »

I don't think Maria is ordinary at all. In fact in the land of corrie I think Maria is quite an exceptional sweet, innocent and trusting character. She deserves to be loved and treated like the lady she is. She should have a strong partner to fight for her and grind people like Toddhitler into a fine powder for her.:)
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    All hail King Todd. Totally owned her. He should go to the police regarding the assault. Maria should be locked up and her child put in an orphanage or Borstal or whatever.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Maria should be grateful Todd exposed Marcus as gay :confused: though I always thought he was ;-) Sean rightly told Maria when she insisted Marcus loved her that he had actually loved him before and everyone let it known that they never really believed the Marcus and Maria love story. She was deluded and she's been made to see the truth but instead of rejoicing at her lucky escape she's turned all nut job.

The only one to love here is the sharp and witty Todd :cool:
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I can't believe it about Marcus, Everyone was going "yeah, right" when they were together

Even Tyrone was right about it. She just wanted the fantasy not the real man

Didn't something ring when the sex stopped?
    Did Maria mention that? :confused:

But yes, she wanted to settle down with someone (not her fault) but as well play happy families with a gay man. Used little Liam as some kind of pawn.

Which in turn confused Marcus, who bought into the idea.
  • Options
    bar of soapbar of soap Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Team Maria for me.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fiz took Tyrone off her when he was together with her.

And Carla took Lilam of her:(
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I don't think Samia is that bad an actress, not saying she is going to be giving Winslet or Streep a run for their money come Oscar night but I don't think any in soap would.

She's good enough for soapland.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I much more enjoyed Todd winding her up
  • Options
    Dark_StarDark_Star Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Dunno what Maria expects when she chases after an openly gay man! Sadly Maria has been a neurotic nutcase for a good few years now and time she was written out!

Cant stand Todd either!
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    She can't expect sympathy when she done the same to jason and broke up Sean's relationship! She's a slag. A hypocritical victim playing slag.

According to the actress, its not sympathy she wants its to be loved hence what happens next with Tyrone. The sad thing is she doesn't realise that she has all the love she needs from Liam.:)

By the way Jason cheated on Maria when they were 1st together so going by your theory he got what he deserved when she cheated on him. Personally i believe 2 wrongs dont make a right.:)
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Lewi26 wrote: »

Broke up Sean's relationship? :confused:

Marcus broke up with Sean because he embarrassed him at work and proved he didn't trust him. Maria didn't do anything except be Marcus' friend?
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    :D

That irritant, Sean, needs to get over himself. Just like Dreary Maria.

"The irritant" - I like it! It makes him sound exactly like the immature brat he is! :D:cool:
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Post of the thread. Scrub that, Post of the Year! :D:D:D:cool:

Hahaha, why thank you ;-):D:D
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »

Must agree Mo. Maria had no business putting her hands on royalty like Todd. He definitely is the king of the street.