CRB Enhanced Disclosure

The3rdComingThe3rdComing Posts: 41
Forum Member
How flipping long do they take?

I sent off for mine on September 21st and am still waiting :mad:

Has anybody else experienced this sort of delay, or knows how long they normally take?

Thanks

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The estimated processing time for each Disclosure is 4 to 6 weeks." - Possibly delayed?
  • *Confidential**Confidential* Posts: 3,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The estimated processing time for each Disclosure is 4 to 6 weeks." - Possibly delayed?
    depends on the 'local' office. Discloure Scotland is running to a 12 day turnaround.

OP, check on the website for the CRB office in your area that the application would have been made to, or give them a call even perhaps.?
  • The3rdComingThe3rdComing Posts: 41
    Forum Member

Hmm, I think it must be, it's been 8 weeks now. I'm quite concerned because of the group of us who sent off at the same time, not one has come back yet.

We have a work placement officer who deals with any queries and contacting them, but I really think I should take it into my own hands and find out just what the delay is. :(
    Forum Member
    depends on the 'local' office. Discloure Scotland is running to a 12 day turnaround.

OP, check on the website for the CRB office in your area that the application would have been made to, or give them a call even perhaps.?

Thanks, I am going to once I've got the contact details :)

If it impacts on my placement and then what I can put on my UCAS form, I shall not be best pleased lol
  • leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to wait ages for mine to come back too! Think it was about 5 weeks.
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're not always very quick at all:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/08/crb_checks/
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I send them off to the CRB day I receive them, some take 5 days some 4/6 weeks, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.

If you phone the CRB on 0870 90 90 811, they will let you know what stage it's at. They will ask you your date of birth, address etc, etc.

If you have your FOO number (the one that was on your form) you can track it on line, by putting in the FOO number and your date of birth.
    Google 'CRB On-line tracking'.

It will tell you what stage the application is at.

At least that way you'll know if the CRB has received it.
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is dated 6 August this year and I'd filled in the form about 3 weeks before, no idea when work actually sent it off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    Am still waiting for mine.

Glad I have a tracking number to check it.

They received it the 11th November - so probably means wont start new job until new year.
  • michelle666michelle666 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine on September 15th and it took just under 2 weeks. I'm in Scotland though and it is generally pretty quick here. I don't know if it's quicker if you've already had one done previously too, since this was about the 3rd one I've had done.

8 weeks seems like an awful long time though, especially when you're stuck waiting to start a job/placement because of it. I'd give them a ring and see if there's a problem.
  • MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sent mine some time between 10th and 15th September. It came, cleared by October. As long as you've sent for it it should be OK. (So I've been told)
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    Try waiting five months for a CRB, that's how long it took to get one for one of our staff this year. :eek: We use an umbrella body now and the CRB's are coming in at a 2 week average.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine came back within 3 weeks, which I thought was pretty quick.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Crikey, that's good.

It was about 6 weeks for a childcare position for me.. and about 20 weeks when I worked in a sensitive data-centre :rolleyes:

Both let me work prior to CRB checks too, rendering them a bit useless. If you wanted to abduct kiddies, or destroy and wreck confidential, country-wide IT systems - I wouldn't have had a problem.
  • *Confidential**Confidential* Posts: 3,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Crikey, that's good.

It was about 6 weeks for a childcare position for me.. and about 20 weeks when I worked in a sensitive data-centre :rolleyes:

Both let me work prior to CRB checks too, rendering them a bit useless. If you wanted to abduct kiddies, or destroy and wreck confidential, country-wide IT systems - I wouldn't have had a problem.

It is. Here's the linky for any disbeliever out there (seeing as I am fall into the most cynical of people!)

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/
  • dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine took 5 days from the day they received it, to the day it popped back through my letter box. I have had 2 before so was already on the system, and had only moved once in the last 5 years, was still pretty amazed it came back that quick.
    Forum Member
    Hmm, a few varied experiences there, but thanks guys anyway :)

I didn't have a clue about being able to track it on line as we have someone who is basically saying "leave it all to me - everything will be fine", but obviously it isn't :(

I've heard loads of horror stories about the reasons why it can take so long but im baffled tbh, I had all the documentation they could wish for, I haven't moved in the last 15 years never mind 5 and I haven't even ever set foot in a police station, so I'm at a loss really. At least now thanks to the advice I can track it down.

I just hope I don't lose my placement as I have found the perfect school regarding locality etc :mad:
  • PhredPhred Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to renew 4 (yes 4 - the CRB is just a way of raising more money for the state) at the same time. Three of them came back within 4 weeks. The other took nearly 10 weeks.

Also one of them came back showing details of a conviction belonging to someone else with the same name - that took nearly 6 months to sort out. Luckily the CRB in question was a renewal and the conviction was so long ago it should have been on previous disclosures for that "employer".

Did I get an apology from the CRB - of course not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Hmm, a few varied experiences there, but thanks guys anyway :)

I didn't have a clue about being able to track it on line as we have someone who is basically saying "leave it all to me - everything will be fine", but obviously it isn't :(

I've heard loads of horror stories about the reasons why it can take so long but im baffled tbh, I had all the documentation they could wish for, I haven't moved in the last 15 years never mind 5 and I haven't even ever set foot in a police station, so I'm at a loss really. At least now thanks to the advice I can track it down.

I just hope I don't lose my placement as I have found the perfect school regarding locality etc :mad:

when i applied for mine I was told that sometimes if your addresses don't match up to previous crb check, it can delay it a lot. For example many people get one done when they are students and put the halls of residence down as their current address and then the next time they send away for it they've moved back home and forgotten that they put the halls down on the last one and state that they've only lived at home.

I had one done recently and the form was submitted the last day of september and i got it on the third of november. The bad thing is that cos it was for a supply employment agency they couldn't offer me work so i was sat at home , extemely bored, twiddling my thumbs for 5 weeks