Options

I've Been, Signed Up, Started Threads And Someone's Picking On Me Already.

Comments

• Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    And don't forget the DS Strictly forum was set up long before the BBC decided to have a message board and will continue long after the BBC message board closed down. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ewoodie said that they were "just hoping to pee them off a bit " which doesn't sound a very genuine reason to start multiple threads on the POV board.

It sounds disruptive IMO.

What's wrong with this huge board? What does it matter that the BBC is only doing blogs this year?

I certainly seems to have annoyed the regular POV posters. :rolleyes: Oh well, better there than here I guess.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the principle. The BBC are a public service. They say post on the POV boards. Of course they don't really want people posting on the POV boards and certainly not in the numbers they did last year.

I dislike the fact they are clearly trying to control what is said about SCD by closing their boards. I suspect they have been pressured to do something about their boards so they have closed them. Yes, there is definitely something going on there, a conspiracy. Now my theory is...............arghhhhhhh. They got me. Tell StrictlyRed to check out.........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    You make some good points there, but your argument trails off a bit towards the end.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oi leave little Paace alone!!!:D

Actually my comment wasn't directed at any one poster. Like others I'm just racked off that posters are moaning on this board that they can't use another one. Very few people on here could care less that the BBC board has gone. The reasons given by the BBC make sense to me and Servalan has given more information about the situation.

It's not like you are left with NO alternatives and there are still several ways you can make your displeasure obvious, so the idea that the BBC is trying to control what is said about the show just doesn't fly.
    Whatever they've done with the money Buddy, they clearly didn't spend it on wardrobe if the 'outfits' I've seen so far are anything to go by...I've seen more hideous outfits in the last week than in all the previous series put together :eek:

I suspect that the costumes you think are hideous are ones I like e.g. Patsy's purple frock! :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidJames wrote: »
    You make some good points there, but your argument trails off a bit towards the end.

You're a very cheeky boy.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the principle. The BBC are a public service. They say post on the POV boards. Of course they don't really want people posting on the POV boards and certainly not in the numbers they did last year.

I dislike the fact they are clearly trying to control what is said about SCD by closing their boards. I suspect they have been pressured to do something about their boards so they have closed them. Yes, there is definitely something going on there, a conspiracy. Now my theory is...............arghhhhhhh. They got me. Tell StrictlyRed to check out.........

Iam just wondering what the BBC has to do with DS ? This is DS and DS posters and really , in all fairness, nothing to do with BBC ,.
    By all means join in on DS and have a bit of craic , but BBC issues should really stay on BBC .If you dont like the fact that Tescos have no nice cakes , there is little point in running in to Lidl and shouting about it .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iam just wondering what the BBC has to do with DS ? This is DS and DS posters and really , in all fairness, nothing to do with BBC ,.
    By all means join in on DS and have a bit of craic , but BBC issues should really stay on BBC

I agree. The other alternative is to discuss this in the Broadcasting Section.
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise this topic would get so heated. I just come on here to have a bit of fun too.

*tiptoes out of thread and back to the nortty step*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...If you dont like the fact that Tescos have no nice cakes , there is little point in running in to Lidl and shouting about it .

:D:D:D
  • Options
    dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie, the mods on POV don't like multiple threads on one programme and will shut them down, referring posters to the established thread.

The POV board is part of the Points of View programme, so they're not really interested if you don't like a contestant's frock - they're only interested in what you think about the set. the music, the presentation etc. But then they're not really interested in what anyone thinks anyway.

Additionally, unlike here and the previous SCD boards, POV doesn't have separate sections in which multiple threads can be kept going. There's also no search facility to find what's been said on multiple threads. That's why all comments on a programme are kept in one place and although some new posters might start new threads on a programme which already has a thread, they usually die out quite quickly if the Mods don't shut them down, and everyone continues on the one thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually my comment wasn't directed at any one poster. Like others I'm just racked off that posters are moaning on this board that they can't use another one. Very few people on here could care less that the BBC board has gone. The reasons given by the BBC make sense to me and Servalan has given more information about the situation.

It's not like you are left with NO alternatives and there are still several ways you can make your displeasure obvious, so the idea that the BBC is trying to control what is said about the show just doesn't fly.

I suspect that the costumes you think are hideous are ones I like e.g. Patsy's purple frock! :o:D

I don't think my reply was to you. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By all means join in on DS and have a bit of craic , but BBC issues should really stay on BBC .If you dont like the fact that Tescos have no nice cakes , there is little point in running in to Lidl and shouting about it .

This is a forum. A place to discuss. A place to make points. That's what's happening.

If posters don't like the topic go elsewhere. E.g If you don't like Tesco cakes then go get some from Lidl, Sainsburys, Asda, Waitrose or Morrisons. :D
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a forum. A place to discuss. A place to make points. That's what's happening.

If posters don't like the topic go elsewhere. E.g If you don't like Tesco cakes then go get some from Lidl, Sainsburys, Asda, Waitrose or Morrisons. :D

It a forum to discuss SCD not the BBC forums ., There is a Discussion forum and a TV forum and others too ,
    Of course people can discuss what they like but are unlikely to find answers to medical issues on the SCD forum ,.
    Feel free to post anything that pops into your head but then you have to accept the answers you get may not be to your liking .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It a forum to discuss SCD not the BBC forums ., There is a Discussion forum and a TV forum and others too ,
    Of course people can discuss what they like but are unlikely to find answers to medical issues on the SCD forum ,.
    Feel free to post anything that pops into your head but then you have to accept the answers you get may not be to your liking .

It's a forum to discuss SCD and SCD related issues. Now if you look very carefully you'll perhaps see that this topic is in fact SCD related. Whether you like it or not it's here. If the mods should decide to close it - fine. That's their prerogative. So I do feel free to post as I like and actually I don't need your permission.

You've missed my point though. If you don't like the thread topic or contribute to the topic, go and join threads where you like the topic of debate/chat.

Posters who go on threads to tell others that they shouldn't be chatting / engaging in discussing a particular topic - why? What's it to them? It's not their job. As I said before I believe they have mods for that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Knowing Me, Knowing You, it's The Name Of The Game. She's met her Waterloo, ewoodie! Silly old Dancing Queen. She does go On And On And On. I'm sorry you came Under Attack. Some People Need Love.
    (if it's really Agnetha can I have your autograph, love you lots especially in spandex, lynxmale xxx)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynxmale wrote: »
    Knowing Me, Knowing You, it's The Name Of The Game. She's met her Waterloo, ewoodie! Silly old Dancing Queen. She does go On And On And On. I'm sorry you came Under Attack. Some People Need Love.
    (if it's really Agnetha can I have your autograph, love you lots especially in spandex, lynxmale xxx)

Hee hee. Great sense of humour.

Lynxmale my Honey, Honey!! You know, The Winner Takes It All and I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do. You’re a real Super Trouper !!!

Agnetha can I have one of your old sequinned hats?!!

One like this will do.
    http://www.creativeboom.co.uk/files/2009/11/Abba.jpg
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How dare all the interfering busybodies on this forum tell anyone what they should post. If you don't like a thread don't post on it, simple. There are about 40 other threads to post on but yet they have to come into a thread telling people what to post. It seems to me we have quite a gaggle of moaning minnies on this forum who want to control what other posters should post.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FGS All the BBC are doing is spending the budget in a better way. The boards have gone and won't be back this year. You've even had someone with inside knowledge telling you the score. Move on. :yawn:

You still don't get it. Its got nothing to do with 'saving money' They are still employing mods for all their other messageboards.
    Messageboards are a necessary part of a major programme like SCD where everyone can view what people think about a programme and the direction it's taking . Just because some suits make a decision it doesn't mean it can't be reversed if enough people make their feeling known. Now you can move on.
  • Options
    fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    You still don't get it. Its got nothing to do with 'saving money' They are still employing mods for all their other messageboards.
    Messageboards are a necessary part of a major programme like SCD where everyone can view what people think about a programme and the direction it's taking . Just because some suits make a decision it doesn't mean it can't be reversed if enough people make their feeling known. Now you can move on.

Of course it's partially due to money, the BBC employ more mods when they have a busy board. It's also about hassle. The BBC SCD boards got quite out of hand on occasions.

And message boards aren't a necessary part of SCD. They are fun for those of us that take part - and that's a tiny proportion of the viewing public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How dare all the interfering busybodies on this forum tell anyone what they should post. If you don't like a thread don't post on it, simple. There are about 40 other threads to post on but yet they have to come into a thread telling people what to post. It seems to me we have quite a gaggle of moaning minnies on this forum who want to control what other posters should post.

Yes and they are all ruddy moaning about the BBC not having a forum for SCD. It is beyond boring! :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's you who doesn't get it. Of course it costs money to run a message board and it is much easier not to start one than to close down an existing one. As already pointed out many times, there are other options to a message board available, so it's not like you have no opportunity to comment.

Your post literally took my breath away. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I might just nominate your post on the 'post of the day thread' for others to have a laugh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Messageboards are not a necessary part of any major programme they are a nice to have, I suspect it was only ever a very small percentage of the viewers that ever contributed which would no doubt make them quite bad value for money. In regards to putting across your view of the programme direct to the BBC the OP pointed out there is a points of view thread which you have been invited to talk part in which is designed for viewers to give feedback on their programme.

Why not just be happy that in DS you have found a lively active community of people who also wish to discuss the programme rather than just being rude to us because we suggested this may not be the place to complain about lack of BBC threads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    It's you who doesn't get it. Of course it costs money to run a message board and it is much easier not to start one than to close down an existing one. As already pointed out many times, there are other options to a message board available, so it's not like you have no opportunity to comment.
    It's also possible the Beeb think that message boards are too old-hat, I know they were heavily pushing more funky social media last season.

So they may want to focus their "feedback" resources on Facebook, Twitter, all that stuff, rather than on message boards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidJames wrote: »
    It's also possible the Beeb think that message boards are too old-hat, I know they were heavily pushing more funky social media last season.

So they may want to focus their "feedback" resources on Facebook, Twitter, all that stuff, rather than on message boards.

Exactly and it costs a lot less to use options like those you mention. Plus it kills two birds with one stone because the BBC can give out information (been pretty good this series so far imho) and get information back in the one place. I'm following on Twitter and it is addictive because I don't want to miss out on anything! :D