White Collar Season Four (US Pace/Spoilers)

CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else watching this? I wish one of the UK channels would pick it up from USA because it would go down a storm.

Last night's premiere was a classic opener with some great moments and a nice cliffhanger at the end. Loved Peter's boss basically telling him to go and find Neal even though he couldn't offer him any official protection.

Loved Matt Bomer topless and in the shower, that man is just too beautiful for words. Some great moments with Peter and Elizabeth and also with Neal and Mossie and I liked the new (looks temporary) love interest Neal had on the island.
I know there's been criticism elsewhere on the net for people speaking Spanish not Portuguese but as I don't speak either I can't say it broke any fourth wall for me.

Overall a good solid eight out of 10 opener for me. Can't wait to see how they're going to get Neal back to New York and doing what he does best - helping Peter crack the White Collar frauds.

Comments

• Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, major fan here!

Great opener, good to see Neil missing both Peter and New York - love Mekhi Pfeiffer too, though not necessarily this role here, though he plays it well - though it was pretty obvious that their 'minder' was gonna sell them out - even I noticed when he called him Neil and thought uh oh

Roll on next week
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, major fan here!

Great opener, good to see Neil missing both Peter and New York - love Mekhi Pfeiffer too, though not necessarily this role here, though he plays it well - though it was pretty obvious that their 'minder' was gonna sell them out - even I noticed when he called him Neil and thought uh oh

Roll on next week

Heh, soon as I saw the minder guy I realised the last time I'd seen him in anything he was playing Quinn Fabray's obnoxious dad on Glee.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup, great season opener :)

I'm still wondering just how the hell they're going to get Neal back in NYC and in Peter's custody rather than sending him off to prison again, given that he did a runner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Yup, great season opener :)

I'm still wondering just how the hell they're going to get Neal back in NYC and in Peter's custody rather than sending him off to prison again, given that he did a runner.

I know, I'm dying to find out how they're going to work that out, it's going to have to have something to do with either Kramer manipulating the system to try and take Neal to Washington or possibly something to do with Neal's dad, because I don't think he's dead. I reckon Ms Parker knows something she's not spilling to Peter as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got round to watching EP2 and it was just as good as the opener. I thought they used a clever twist to expose the island's "big boss" as being an FBA most wanted who'd been on the run for years and the set up with Collins was brilliant.
    Not happy about Peter being reassigned from White Collar though, didn't see that coming, I thought they'd maybe suspend him but not send him somewhere else.
    Also want to know whether or not Mossie's going to sneak back to New York as he's still totally off the radar in terms of all the art crime.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I'm guessing there's no-one else watching this US Pace then? Ah well. It's progressing along nicely with some great stand alone episodes blending in to what's clearly the series long arc - Neal finding out about his dad.
    Poxy one week hiatus already though (for the Olympics I believe) so not back until August 14th.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Neal can trust that Sam that Ellen told him to, I think he may have been the shooter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I don't think Neal can trust that Sam that Ellen told him to, I think he may have been the shooter.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes, he's being played by Treat Williams, whose a great actor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how it goes, he's being played by Treat Williams, whose a great actor.

Good introduction of Sam I thought. He's still a bit dodgy, can Neal trust him or not, he's more secretive even than Mozzie. So far I've enjoyed all the season four episodes, I loved the flag one with the secret underground organisation, very much "National Treasure" meets White Collar.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member

Well, the thing is that she said to trust Sam.. but she never identified Sam as being the Sam she was talking about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    Well, the thing is that she said to trust Sam.. but she never identified Sam as being the Sam she was talking about.

And wasn't this prophetic! Still can't believe there isn't an active White Collar thread on DS :) Now got to wait three months to find out what's going to happen next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    And wasn't this prophetic! Still can't believe there isn't an active White Collar thread on DS :) Now got to wait three months to find out what's going to happen next.

Anyone else but me watching?! The opening two episodes since the mid season break have been absolute classics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Elizabeth needs to man-up and tell Peter it's because of her that Neal lied about the key, otherwise she will be putting a huge dent in their friendship and that would be unfair of her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Elizabeth needs to man-up and tell Peter it's because of her that Neal lied about the key, otherwise she will be putting a huge dent in their friendship and that would be unfair of her.

Totally agree, though the fact that she is aware of the reason behind Neil lying to Peter is the only thing that could save Peter & Neil's relationship.

Though I did really kind of question Neil's willingness to obey Mrs Suit, his primary relationship has always been with Peter and whilst I understand his desire to keep him safe, surely not at the expense of Peter's trust?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing he thought Peter wouldn't find out because Mozzy was clever enough to outsmart Jones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing he thought Peter wouldn't find out because Mozzy was clever enough to outsmart Jones.

Yup, I'm sure of it. He thought Mozzy was going to be able to keep them ahead of the game. But, he should also have realised that he's never been able to outsmart Peter, no matter what, and that Jones would be watching out for the usual trickery.

I think Peter's going to find out that Elizabeth had something to do with it. They're obviously going to run a parallel storyline now with both Neal/Mozzie and Peter/the team chasing towards what the key's the clue for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved last night's episode and it was fantastic to hear Diahann Carroll singing. Also loved Mozzie getting so annoyed that his taxi badge had been "stolen" when he was using another of his fake personas as a legitimate taxi driver. Some really funny moments and it's great to see both agents Jones and Berigan getting bigger roles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, great episode overall. Mozzy is always funny, and Jones and Diana's reaction to having to help him was priceless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, Neal's dad could not be more of a douchebag right about now. As soon as Peter picked up the gun I knew he would be in trouble.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree, though a great twist for the finale, now only gawd know how long until it returns.

There were some great moments, the proposal being one as well as the look on Neil's face as he tried to grab his father's arm only to be rejected.

When is it back?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last three seasns have started in June/July, even though they anded in Feb/March, so expect it to come back the same time.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree, though a great twist for the finale, now only gawd know how long until it returns.

There were some great moments, the proposal being one as well as the look on Neil's face as he tried to grab his father's arm only to be rejected.

When is it back?

It's back in the fall which means September/October time it said on the season 5 trailer I wanted it back in the summer but nevermind :(
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG I can't the believe the amount of blatant product placement for Ford in this show.

How many times can they show a car doing things that are not relevant to the plot?

Still it is a great show and I love the cast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I can't the believe the amount of blatant product placement for Ford in this show.

How many times can they show a car doing things that are not relevant to the plot?

Still it is a great show and I love the cast.

And windows 8!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And windows 8!

Just watching the last episode of Season 4 and I can't see what you mean about Windows 8,

It's not as blatant as the Ford Product Placement, but it is obvious.