Got To Dance Series 4

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We didn't vote tonight - usually all 3 of us sit there with our laptops and do the maximum online votes. All the acts tonight were good, but none stood out to us. Though I could tell we missed a few bits due to random use of cameras not showing the full routine etc.

I don't like Godson at all, he seems like he should be good, but spends too long posing -I know thats probably why he got through, but it didn't do a lot for me.
  • nokes22nokes22 Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very pleased Ruff Diamond got through but yet again block voting spoiled things. No way were the Scottish gymnastic group better than the others. Shame Leon & Dotty didn't get through. Mindtrick and Shun were great too. Maybe a lesson for the judges is not to put groups through that could garner parochial favour?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    cant believe Leon & Dotty didnt get through, that performance was really special
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    I too was pleased Ruff Diamond got through but was shocked when the Scottish group did they didn't have my vote as the other acts were better and I'm a Scot. My votes went for Shun I thought he was amazing and so original, artistic I could go on.
    I think the judges should have a wildcard for 1 or 2 acts that didn't get through to the final. It wouldn't influence it as the public do their own thing anyway.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the show yesterday even though the wrong two got through. Going into the final theres one clear winner for me and that Lukas he has got to win next week.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just caught the last semi final. Shocking result. Shun and Leon&Dottie were miles ahead for me. Rough Diamond was great too so don't mind they took one of the spots but Gymnasia? I liked it enough but it wasn't that good. :(
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    hannah wrote: »
    Loved the show yesterday even though the wrong two got through. Going into the final theres one clear winner for me and that Lukas he has got to win next week.
    I've had to play catch up with the last few shows but I agree that the only truly outstanding dancer is Lukas. I wonder if the show is going to end up like BGT where talented people from around the world trying to break through, will come over here to try and win our talent shows, which get international attention as well as the prize money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally caught up and I have to agree with those who can't believe Gymtasia got through to the final. Leon & Dotty and Shun were my picks. They both not only brought great dance routines but are extremely innovative as well. Shun especially deserves a ton of credit for taking a style that many people usually find grotesque and hard to watch, adapting it and turning it into something beautiful to watch.

I didn't think Rough Diamond were as great as the judges made out. Yes they were tight during their routine but nerves got the better of them during several of their big tricks, which weren't very clean. I think they were lucky the camera cut away when the one fell on his backside after the double flip. Sure, it's an impressive trick to do, but if you can't pull it off on the night I don't see how it can be judged to be good.

After the past couple weeks, I do have to wonder whether the show should put an age limit of 9 on the contestants, given that those 8 and younger can't perform 'live'.

As for the final, I think Lukas is the clear favourite, although I do feel conflicted as to whether a non-Brit should be winning the title of Britain & Ireland's best dancer. I have to say though, despite what the judges keep saying, I personally think this is the weakest final ever, which is disappointing.
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gymtasia are 3rd favourites tonight:eek:
    Nothing in betting at all with Ruff Diamond 3-1 favs
  • ben8936ben8936 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Come On Lukas McFarlene
  • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Who are people rooting and/or voting for?

No stand out favourite for me this year. There are a few I wouldn't mind winning Lukas being one of them.

Not voting for anyone though.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    Gymtasia are 3rd favourites tonight:eek:
    Nothing in betting at all with Ruff Diamond 3-1 favs

ugg
    They shouldn't have gotten through in the first place :(
    Forum Member
    That was FANTASTIC from Lukas!!!

The rest can go home now.

Congratulations to him!
  • KiskinKiskin Posts: 6,280
    Forum Member
    ben8936 wrote: »
    Come On Lukas McFarlene

He was incredible :)
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow@Lukas - I was already emotional at the VT alone, now I'm a mess!
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    He was brilliant. I have a feeling most of the other artists are going to pale by comparison.

I bet IMD weren't happy about following Lukas!
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    ugg
    They shouldn't have gotten through in the first place :(

In your opinion of course.
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    In your opinion of course.

It's Godson I don't 'get'. He looks like he's having some kind of fit on stage!
    Forum Member
    I don't like Davina's dress tonight!
    Forum Member
    Tiron wrote: »
    I don't like Davina's dress tonight!

You can tell no one's watching this show. We haven't got anything to say about it, either! :D

... She's come dressed as a merhag. I mean mermaid!
  • RacheletteRachelette Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Anticz to be honest. They make me smile.
    Forum Member
    That was just bla from Rory. Just there. Nothing outstanding. *shrugs*.
    Forum Member
    Tiron wrote: »
    That was just bla from Rory. Just there. Nothing outstanding. *shrugs*.

Agreed. He was out of his league.Trouble is: Lukas set the bar so high, can anyone compare?
  • RacheletteRachelette Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    You can tell no one's watching this show. We haven't got anything to say about it, either! :D

It looks very dated doesn't it?
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »

:D:D at your Davina comment.

Yes, would seem like not many are watching this season. Could the signify its end soon if ratings are poor?