Options

HELP Upgrade Decision

Jakatta75Jakatta75 Posts: 59
Forum Member
Thanks to Orange early upgrades, I'm able to upgrade my phone from this weekend. But I'm really struggling on what phone to go for.
It's between HTC One, Xperia Z or wait for the GS4.
Any suggestions on which one to go for?
Anyone have the One or Z?

Comments

• Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    It's not really a decision that people can help you with.

You have all the information.
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SGS4, i went from a S2 to a One X and regret not waiting for the S3
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends on what you like both the HTC One and Sony Xperia Z are well made phones, Samsung are usually plasticky and cheaply made. If you haven't already have a look in the phone shops that have demos on display and compare and if you look at the Samsung galaxy s3 for the nearest comparison to what the s4 will be like.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are all great phones from a neutral point of view with different positives and negatives. Have a look at GSM arena for reviews on them all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I'm exactly the same. Initially it was between the Xperia Z and the S4 for me, now I'm thinking about the HTC One too. I think it's going to be between the S4 and HTC. The HTC is certainly a better looking phone, but the S4 can 'do' more. I think which ever is chosen is going to be a good phone, so you can't really lose. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I currently have the iPhone 5, Xperia Z and the 2013 HTC one
    Out of all of these, the HTC is the one I use the most. The speakers on this is second to none which is clear and loud and sounds like its coming from a much bigger system.
    The Xperia Z has a great screen, brilliant camera and the waterproofing is a clever touch.....but also its downfall. Sound playback from its external speaker is tinny at best and not that loud.
    Also when making calls, the ear piece isnt as loud as other models due to its water proofing, so making a call in anywhere other than a library could be a problem.
    The iPhone, well its an iPhone.
    Hope thats some help.
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a friend with an HTC One who has previously had a Galaxy Note, S3 and iPhone 5, and he loves the One. He's very very happy with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I am in the same boat although my contract doesnt exprire until the end of August I am trying to get up to speed with the latest tech (previously i havent been and just choose a phone that looked good).

I am not keen on the recent fashion for huge screens, so i am keeping the next iPhone incarnation as an option, or the S4 mini, although i do like the sound of the HTC One, the build quality especially.

I am also not a fan of the plastic build of the Samsungs, but i am yet to own one so i shouldnt judge.

I do have a quandry over build quality vs screen size vs spec. My last phone wasnt the best choice (HTC HD7) so i need to get this right next time.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Why don't you wait until the SG4 comes out then head down to the EE shop or Carphone Warehouse and have a play with all of them. Live ones not the crap on the wall. Then you'll know which is best FOR YOU.