DAVE 'The Hairy Rave' Myers-"The Peoples Champion"-Does Dave Make You Smile Or Frown?

TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
Forum Member
✭✭
DAVE 'The Hairy Rave' Myers-"The Peoples Champion"-Does Dave Make You Smile Or Frown?

Lets hear from you all about Dave, whether he gives you a smile or a frown,

Lets hear it?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    I'm never a fan of the 'useless one the public love' but I really like him as a person and I think he's trying. No he can't dance. But he makes me smile
  • CAT5CAT5 Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) for me
  • catkins198catkins198 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Dave and he certainly makes me smile. No, of course, his dancing isn't good but you can see how much he loves it and he does try - he just isn't and never will be a dancer.

I wouldn't want him to stay in if it meant good dancers left but at the moment certainly Julian should go before him and possibly Vanessa.

He really seems such a lovely guy - really down to earth with a great sense of humour. I actually have a bit of a crush on him
  • Johnnys ArcadeJohnnys Arcade Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catkins198 wrote: »
    I love Dave and he certainly makes me smile. No, of course, his dancing isn't good but you can see how much he loves it and he does try - he just isn't and never will be a dancer.

I wouldn't want him to stay in if it meant good dancers left but at the moment certainly Julian should go before him and possibly Vanessa.

He really seems such a lovely guy - really down to earth with a great sense of humour. I actually have a bit of a crush on him

Fully agreed! Vote Dave!:D
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fully agreed! Vote Dave!:D

Are you his campaign manager? ;) I'll throw him a vote gladly. Lovely guy. Lovely Karen too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Inever realised my face could wriggle in so many ways, at once, sheer delight ,shock, repulsion,amazement all at once, love him but can I bear to see more? I dunno ??????? get shot of vile Vanessa first ill be happy. Overall he made me smile lol
  • treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes definitely a YES for me and Karen realises too for them to stop in longer to be likeable and even she is being this week so thats a DOUBLE YES

julien to go this week for me
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Provokes sublime indifference. I use the time as a convenient break to go and close up the chicken coop or feed the rabbits or skip out the cats' litter tray.

Anything I don't get done in Dave's dance, gets done in Vanessa's.
  • Chelle21Chelle21 Posts: 3,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely makes me :D. Not a great dancer I know and I don't think he should be there when the serious competition starts but his enthusiasm and personality is infectious! And he does try! :D:D
  • multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    My Mrs was roaring with laughter all through the 'dance'
  • jackierjackier Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smile from me. Definitely hope Vanessa and Julien both go before Dave
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

I'll be happy for Vanessa & Julien to go before Dave.
  • SueDokuSueDoku Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackier wrote: »
    Smile from me. Definitely hope Vanessa and Julien both go before Dave

Me too..! Dave is enjoying himself, trying hard and improving - no, of course he shouldn't stay in when the contest gets further on, but he's a breath of fresh air... :)
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Love him to bits. Has to stay in ages longer for me. I love Karen too.

Julien can go. Also Vanessa. And Rachel. Also Abbey and Patrick. And Mark and Fiona.

All that lot can go before Dave.
  • Johnnys ArcadeJohnnys Arcade Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Are you his campaign manager? ;) I'll throw him a vote gladly. Lovely guy. Lovely Karen too

No, But I really want him to stay out of the Dance off. I want to see Julien go.;)
  • Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment he is making me smile I can see this carrying on there are other contestants who NEED to go before him but if it gets to the stage were he stays at the expense of a better contestant then I won't be happy.

One good thing he has brought out the best in Darcy, once again tonight she could hardly contain herself from laughing
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are quite a lot this year that I can't be bothered to stay in the room and watch - Dave is one of them. Tony was one, and Vanessa, Patrick and Julien are the others. I do admire him as a chef though, he and Si are very watchable when they cook :)
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He definitely makes me smile!:D
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Saturday TV is about - had me crying with laughter. Keep him in!
  • Vicky36Vicky36 Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Dave doesn't just make me smile, he makes me laugh 'til I cry :)
  • VirgilHiltsVirgilHilts Posts: 2,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as anyone is described as 'the people's xxxx' it makes me hurl. I think it's the gruesome sentimentality and lowest common denominator populism behind it which does for me.

I mean: Alex Higgins, Princess Diana, The Rock, Dave Myers. Not exactly an elite bunch is it.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave may not be the world’s best dancer but his arm movements tonight deserved better than his terrible score. He keeps on trying and It’s pure entertainment watching him fling himself into it and enjoy the experience.
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him.
  • KaeresteKaereste Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love him to bits but his dancing is so appalling that I can't stop laughing. Do you think he realises just how bad he is?
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As soon as anyone is described as 'the people's xxxx' it makes me hurl. I think it's the gruesome sentimentality and lowest common denominator populism behind it which does for me.

I mean: Alex Higgins, Princess Diana, The Rock, Dave Myers. Not exactly an elite bunch is it.

Jeez, poor bloke to be pushed into that list :(

It's not his fault. He's just Dave.