Rex: Sara is a "dirty little tramp".

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sid_1979 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, why is Dale not being villified nearly as much for his "I'm going to nail some fanny in the house" remark?

I thought that would have been deemed far more offensive to women?

He seems to see women as nothing but sexual objects to either have his wicked way with or exploit (as was the case with Bex).

Because it was a generalised comment and because it was petty clear it wass young man's bravado.
    Rex 's comments are personally directed at individuals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lumpbottom wrote: »
    I think Rex is more right than he is wrong in this case.

Sara was just nervous/using flirting as part of a gameplan at the beginning. She has stopped all of that, and I think we're seeing the real Sara now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    Because it was a generalised comment and because it was petty clear it wass young man's bravado.
    Rex 's comments are personally directed at individuals.

I agree with that. Actions speak louder than words, and Rex has been much more disrespectful to women than Dale has.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Jinjapewbs wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure all the girls can outrun Mikey. :D

:o

hhahahahhah my favourite post today
    :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has everyone who has slated Rex actually saw the incident or just going by others reactions to it ? Rex is always wise-cracking, even Kat can't tell sometimes if he's serious or not.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    alana wrote: »
    Has everyone who has slated Rex actually saw the incident or just going by others reactions to it ? Rex is always wise-cracking, even Kat can't tell sometimes if he's serious or not.

Yes I have, have you? Obviously not, otherwise you would not think he was wise-cracking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have, have you? Obviously not, otherwise you would not think he was wise-cracking.

It was not wise and it certainly did not crack me up. :sleep::)
  • Options
    OrriOrri Posts: 9,470
    Forum Member
    If Sara realy is the kind of woman who's liking a man depends on him not having a girfriend, then perhaps she is a tramp? Assuming that that's what she meant, rather than Rex picking her up wrong.
    Of course as it's there are those who would rather anyone go than there pweciouses it's a good time to slate anyone.
    If this had been in The Office, and David Brent said it, would it have been funnier.
  • Options
    OrriOrri Posts: 9,470
    Forum Member
    On the other hand, if Sara thought Rex was trying to pick her up, rather than just showing off, she'd be justified in saying she liked him until she learnt he had a girlfriend.