Ben and Jerrys Ice cream advice

Mister rosyMister rosy Posts: 285
Forum Member
Hello

Last night I was bad and ate a full tub of B&J\'s cookie dough AND a full tub of the chocolate brownie, I threw the tubs out before I looked at the details. Would that be bad for you?

Thanks.

Comments

• 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean the big tubs? Blimey, good work!
  • Mister rosyMister rosy Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    00tommo wrote: »
    Do you mean the big tubs? Blimey, good work!

Yes, the 500ml tubs, is that bad?
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello

Last night I was bad and ate a full tub of B&J\'s cookie dough AND a full tub of the chocolate brownie, I threw the tubs out before I looked at the details. Would that be bad for you?

Thanks.

What size tub? I can easily eat a 500ml tub in one sitting, and do, but not 2.;)
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Round of Applause to the OP!

I can manage a full tub of B&J but never two! It's so addictive that by the time I'm halfway through, the rest is a little bit melted so putting it back in the freezer would just spoil it as it refreezes so I'm just as well eating it, or at least that's what I tell myself.

2 tubs won't have done you much good since it's full of sugar and the ice cream I think is fatty too. But it's ok, the amount of Dairy you are getting more than makes up for it.

You'll have really strong bones now.
    Forum Member
    Round of Applause to the OP!

I can manage a full tub of B&J but never two! It\'s so addictive that by the time I\'m halfway through, the rest is a little bit melted so putting it back in the freezer would just spoil it as it refreezes so I\'m just as well eating it, or at least that\'s what I tell myself.

2 tubs won\'t have done you much good since it\'s full of sugar and the ice cream I think is fatty too. But it\'s ok, the amount of Dairy you are getting more than makes up for it.

You\'ll have really strong bones now.

Yes you are right, its so additive!!!! Cookie dough is to die for! What is your favourite?
  • Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    Yes you are right, its so additive!!!! Cookie dough is to die for! What is your favourite?

I love B&J

It is worth trying their frozen yoghurt which is scrummy but you don't feel it is as bad for you ! !

Choc Brownie or Phish food is my fave
    Forum Member
    I love B&J

It is worth trying their frozen yoghurt which is scrummy but you don\'t feel it is as bad for you ! !

Choc Brownie or Phish food is my fave

What\'s in the Phish food?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Hello

Would that be bad for you?

The Ben in Ben and Jerry fame had a quintuple heart bypass due to blocked arteries.

I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Love Bohemian Raspberry (Raspberry Ripple with brownie Pieces), Half Baked (Half chocolate, half Vanilla, with Cookie Dough and Brownie Pieces) and Phish Food, I'm not 100% sure what's in this actually, I think it's Chocolate ice cream, with fish shaped chocolate pieces, and swirls of Caramel and Marshmallow.

I love Ben and Jerry's.
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG i love B&J's Cookie Dough ice cream. I could easily eat a full tub. I usually tell myself i will just have a little bit, and before i know i have eaten half the tub, and still keep going :o

Also like the caramel one (can't remember the name) not keen on Phish Food and not sure if i've tried the other flavours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive never had any Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream but this thead makes me want some!

Never had any because I am Muslim and heard that some of them have traces of Alcohol. However, checked the ingredients of some of them on the B&J site. Looks like Strawberry Cheesecake and Caramel Chew Chew are OK for me. Will be buying some soon!

Also if anyone is interested, THIS LINK has the details of all the flavours, nutritional info and ingredients.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cherry Garcia is my favourite, though I stop myself from eating the whole tub (don't know why though, might go for it next time!) :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member

Also like the caramel one (can't remember the name)

Caramel chew chew - possibly America's greatest contribution to mankind.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    What\'s in the Phish food?
    I think it's a chocolatey one, chocolate fishes IIRC
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey! Did it feel sickly? I not long ago got some B&J's icecream, think it was the fish food one and crushed up some chocolate brownie and added some flumps. Was so addictive and tasty but very sickly! :o:p
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Lets just put it this way - one tub is around 1200 calories (depending on what flavour)

The average allowance for an adult male is 2500 calories.

Do the math :D
  • ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello

Thanks.

Wow you just consumed 135g of fat in one sitting! The reccomended daily intake is around 75g! Go for a jog.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt very much that one blow out is going to have an effect.

Husband and I polish off a tray of Krispy Kreme's between us every month or so - we're both fit and healthy!

It's if you eat that much most of the time that's is a problem! A blow out every now and then shouldn't hurt if you're usually healthy.
  • Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like most B&J flavours but a few weeks ago I had a flavour I think it was Brownie Cheesecake or something like that, and it was horrible. Had to through the whole tub away!

My favourite is Phish Food :D! I would never eat a whole tub though in one go..I probably could eat it, but I wouldn't because I would feel so guilty! I usually just scoop about 1/4 of the tub into a bowl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be a joke thread, surely? Nothing wrong with a blow out, but surely there is no doubt in anybody's mind how good two tubs of B&J ice cream is?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not keen on phish food, but I do love half-baked...
    The new chocolate macadamia one isnt great either.. bit boring!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I Love Bohemian Raspberry (Raspberry Ripple with brownie Pieces), Half Baked (Half chocolate, half Vanilla, with Cookie Dough and Brownie Pieces) and Phish Food, I'm not 100% sure what's in this actually, I think it's Chocolate ice cream, with fish shaped chocolate pieces, and swirls of Caramel and Marshmallow.

I love Ben and Jerry's. Either the cookie dough or half baked but after reading this I really want to try bohemian raspberry
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their Chubby Hubby flavour is one of the best things I've tasted in my life, EVER, but they seemed to stop doing it soon after I discovered it.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have done you much good but as long as it's a one-off and you don't do it every night it won't really effect you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I love the "Jamacian Me Crazy" sorbet with pineapple bits, mmm!