Options

Spooks: Series 9 - spoilers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
Forum Member
Spooks is back on BBC one in the week commencing 18th September.

Here's spoilers for Episode 1...

http://www.lastbroadcast.co.uk/cult/spoilers/v/14647-spooks-series-9-episode-guide.html

And an interview with Richard Armitage, who plays Lucas - (also contains spoilers)...

http://www.lastbroadcast.co.uk/cult/interviews/v/14648-richard-armitage-spooks-interview.html

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Ahh, stupidly just clicked on that and found something out I really didn't want to know. Oh well, my own fault.

Annoying that the DVDs of series 8 don't come out until the week after the new series starts. I've not seen series 8 yet.

I'm glad someone's started a spooks thread...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So excited about the new series and glad to hear in the Richard Armitage interview that there's a load of new characters coming in. As much as I loved the last series, the cast didn't really seem to ever gel as a group that well.
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Further interview with Richard Armitage (also includes spoilers)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2010/wk38/feature_spooks.shtml

G
  • Options
    GoldenBoy81GoldenBoy81 Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    finally something i actually want to watch of an evening! the only good thing about the end of summer is the improvement in standard of primetime tv progs
  • Options
    RetroSpecsRetroSpecs Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Glad to see it back ... still in SD though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah it's bizarre that it's still not in HD, especially as there's not really many post-production effects in it that'd make it more expensive.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That first episode sounds amazing! I can't wait! :)
  • Options
    IC89IC89 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't realise it was this close to returning, I thought it was another month away!

Can't wait for it, whatever people say and slate about Spooks, it's one of the few non-sport related shows I actually watch, and it may not be as good as it used to, but it's still bloody good!

Bring it oooon!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Hallelujah! Spooks is one of the few programmes on tv that is of consistently high quality. Of course, being September it will probably be on back to back with at least 2 other quality programmes which is really annoying after the dearth of decent tv over the summer.
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news!

Have just been rewatching the last series to get myself back in Spooks mode:)
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely devoid of eye candy since Jo bought it, needs some fresh new talent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Really looking fwd to the new series.

Know that Spooks has cast overhauls every few series, but series 9 looks like the biggest cast overhaul ever with loads of new characters joining this year. Bit of a reboot in my opinion. Glad that one of my favourite characters is making a comeback!

Also hope this series is not the last like some tabloid speculated a few months ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Spoilers for Episode 2 are up now...

http://www.lastbroadcast.co.uk/cult/spoilers/v/14647-spooks-series-9-episode-guide.html

Return date has now been confirmed as Monday 20th September at 9pm, not long to wait now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Episode guide has been updated with spoilers for Episode 3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    Completely devoid of eye candy since Jo bought it, needs some fresh new talent.

Richard Armitage is more than enough eye candy for me! :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Review of tonight's episode is up now (contains a couple of minor spoilers).
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are people posting up spoliers for episodes we wont see for weeks (indeed why are spoliers being posted at all?) Can't anyone just let stuff unfold in front of them anymore?
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EssexLady wrote: »
    Richard Armitage is more than enough eye candy for me! :p:D

Well said, couldn't agree more!:D
  • Options
    robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very disappointed it's not in HD.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,882
    Forum Member
    Why did Harry poison the former Home sec for?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea. I am lost already as to what is going on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    check out the other thread
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    Really looking fwd to the new series.

Know that Spooks has cast overhauls every few series, but series 9 looks like the biggest cast overhaul ever with loads of new characters joining this year. Bit of a reboot in my opinion. Glad that one of my favourite characters is making a comeback!

Also hope this series is not the last like some tabloid speculated a few months ago.

Which favourite character, who's coming back?
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cutekookie wrote: »
    check out the other thread

What other thread?

How do you search on DS. If I type spooks in the search bar, I just get the television stuff, not the forum threads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    the thread is in the cult boards.

You may be searching TV Progs Board only. If you search using the very top Search you Search ALL boards. Alternatively go into Cult and Search there.