Premier leauge football on terrestrial

cricket123cricket123 Posts: 542
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi do you think Live Premier Leauge football will ever be on terrestrial tv.

Comments

• chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    cricket123 wrote: »

No chance at all.
  • chrisfinchchrisfinch Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Didn't this subject come up last week? And the week before? And the week before that?:p
  • Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It already is on terrestrial TV, via Top Up TV and BT Vision. Unfortunately it's not free to air though.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cricket123 wrote: »

did you mean FTA, I am afraid greed by both football player agents & pay tv will always prevent this.
  • xtradjxtradj Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no chance

even the FA Cup, which in the last ten years has lost everything it ever was due to TV deals, is on ESPN.

ESPN is the least watched sports sub channel behind Sky and Terrestrial, and therefore devalues the FA Cup
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xtradj wrote: »
    no chance

even the FA Cup, which in the last ten years has lost everything it ever was due to TV deals, is on ESPN.

Coverage is shared with ITV; for example, both will show 2 quarter-finals live each, both will show a semi-final live each and both will show the final.

Oh, and the Premier League is on terrestrial every week...via Match of the Day!:D
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xtradj wrote: »
    no chance

ESPN is the least watched sports sub channel behind Sky and Terrestrial, and therefore devalues the FA Cup

I would have thought that Premier Sports was lower than ESPN??:confused::confused:
  • wakeywakey Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I have never understood why the PremierLeague don't create another Terrestrial only package similar to the deal the Football League has with the BBC.

A handful of games that wouldn't be shown anyway and which could only be bought for use on either 1-5 OR atleast a Free channel available on all platforms wouldn't lower the value of the rights for the more appealing matches but would generate more income for the Premier League while giving a taster to the population
  • mr williamsmr williams Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has come up several times over the years, and I remember that ITV were considering bidding for a minor package a few years ago.

By all means, if Sky are paying zillions it's obviously not right that a FTA channel should have Chelsea v Man Utd, but an agreement whereby everybody could see 8 - 10 games a year on FTA could only do good in my humble opinion.
  • xtradjxtradj Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought that Premier Sports was lower than ESPN??:confused::confused:

probably but i said behind terrestrial and sky.

its a shame most people cannot watch it. i personally think all sport should be with sky on more channels. who wants to pay 9 for espn for a few extra games and constant fillers, and 6 for premier sports with nothing on it. it would be alot cheaper without all these other networks asking for more money. and every fa cup game should be free, as should england home games.