Options

Xbox One Community chat

Comments

• Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Although i didn't have any intention to get anything from Game this year the Forza 5 Limited Steelbook edition has made me play my hand

Bas**rds

Saw it on a DS article, went straight to Amazon and cancelled that order and then signed up to Game to order the Shiny Preciouses
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Likewise here! Added assassins 4 buccaneer edition too :)
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    If any of you have a spare 15-20 minutes, i highly recommend you give this project spark clip a watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zEnKgmXjeo

This game is going to be epic, the ease of creating worlds and the amount of options is breath taking. I cant wait to get my hand on it.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Hands on with the Xbox One controller

This breaks down a lot more about the controller than previously known, some of the innovations and upgrades are also detailed. I love the sound of the new digital sensor in the triggers along with switches for the D-pad, that should ensure some pretty high precision.

Also some interesting hands-on impressions with Jay from 3kb. He went into it quite skeptical, he's also someone who doesn't like vibration in controllers too but his time with the X1 controller changed his mind.. link
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    If any of you have a spare 15-20 minutes, i highly recommend you give this project spark clip a watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zEnKgmXjeo

This game is going to be epic, the ease of creating worlds and the amount of options is breath taking. I cant wait to get my hand on it.

It does look great, the problem I have is that I'm not too creative when it comes to stuff like this so I tend to rely on other people to make games like this fun. The good news is all content created on the Windows version is cross compatible with X1 version (I think 360 too?) so we can expect tons of content.
  • Options
    gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=2Dshmuplover;68432347]It does look great, the problem I have is that I'm not too creative when it comes to stuff like this so I tend to rely on other people to make games like this fun. The good news is all content created on the Windows version is cross compatible with X1 version (I think 360 too?) so we can expect tons of content.[/QUOTE]

Pleased you said that as I thought it was just me :o

I remember buying AMOS for the Amiga then it was "oh, now what do I do?"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its not just the creating that makes me anticipate this game. Downloading other people's creations was most of the fun on Trials Evolution so with these tools we could see some really good designs.

I'm expecting some recreations of past games, like the original Fable or even a FF7 section.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The very first North American TV commercial for the Xbox One. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmD0vPOd5Rk&feature=player_embedded#t=0

Something is missing though, I just cant put my finger on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pre-order cancelled!
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-order cancelled!

You're the last person I expected on DS to cancel their pre-order;)

Why?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The very first North American TV commercial for the Xbox One. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmD0vPOd5Rk&feature=player_embedded#t=0

Something is missing though, I just cant put my finger on it.

:yawn: .....
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're the last person I expected on DS to cancel their pre-order;)

Why?

Sarcasm in response to sarcasm me finks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    speed loafer is correct, there is a distinct lack of beer in that commercial. Why would anyone get the boys round to watch the footy without a few cans?

Terrible advertising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you know, I never knew MS were pushing the XBox1 as a multimedia device and that initially it would be very US-heavy due to the NFL tie-in and that I'm not likely to see UK tv services for some time.

It's a good job Speedloafer pointed that out
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd have thought MS would have taken some lessons from their misguided reveal.

Nobody who is buying this system at launch is buying it for any of the TV / Multimedia functionality, they are at best just the cherry on the top for those users.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-order cancelled!

I'd hold off a while longer 2D, Im sure pretty soon they will release an advert with features you will want, oh yea and be able to use.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    It does amaze me that Microsoft got the launch of their new multi-media home hub and the launch of the next gen console mixed up. :D

When I buy a kettle it's because I want something to boil water - if it happens to also have a radio receiver and weather station fitted, that's just extra stuff that either will or will not quirk my interest.

Microsoft's approach would be - check out our all singing / all dancing radio receiver with an added weather station and earthquake warning device... oh, by the way, if you are interested in that sort of thing, it also boils water.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon order confirmation email. I should receive my X1 between 22nd Nov & 22nd Nov. Is there a gap in the middle of the day that I don't know anything about?:D
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    You'd have thought MS would have taken some lessons from their misguided reveal.

Nobody who is buying this system at launch is buying it for any of the TV / Multimedia functionality, they are at best just the cherry on the top for those users.

But look at it from another point of view. Everyone knows what an Xbox does, it plays games. MS doesn't need to tell the world this. But it has all sorts of extra features so that is what they are trying to get across.

For people who haven't decided yet on which console to get or parents trying to decide, TV ads like this might convince them that the X1 is better value for money since it does more than games.
    Forum disclaimer: I am fully aware the PS4 does more than games too. Just looking at this from MS point of view only. That should cover me...:p

Anyway, in other news I'm happy as Very were able to change my order so now I get Forza instead of Fifa :D
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    But look at it from another point of view. Everyone knows what an Xbox does, it plays games. MS doesn't need to tell the world this. But it has all sorts of extra features so that is what they are trying to get across.

For people who haven't decided yet on which console to get or parents trying to decide, TV ads like this might convince them that the X1 is better value for money since it does more than games.
    Forum disclaimer: I am fully aware the PS4 does more than games too. Just looking at this from MS point of view only. That should cover me...:p

Anyway, in other news I'm happy as Very were able to change my order so now I get Forza instead of Fifa :D

Agree with this.

If Microsoft had explained in greater detail their plans for all the DRM they originally had in place, then perhaps they wouldn't have needed to drop everything and start from scratch. If they don't communicate the extra features then there is nothing to distinguish the Xbox one from the PS4, apart from the price, which is something MS will want to justify, so makes perfect sense to me.

I'm sure once the console is on the market and people can actually play the games, then we'll see a change in advertising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Unless I have missed something Gamers are still the target audience for Xbox 1. Gamers will be the people buying day one and in the run up to Christmas. Gamers were the people put off by the TV reveal so starting your marketing campaign focus on the TV aspects of the Xbox 1 seems misguided.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Xbox Live down ? i can't seem to log in.

EDIT: I know this is a Xbox One Chat but i thought it was best place to ask ;)

EDIT again: Never mind, i just restarted my pc and it's working fine now :p
  • Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why cant they just do both?
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Unless I have missed something Gamers are still the target audience for Xbox 1. Gamers will be the people buying day one and in the run up to Christmas. Gamers were the people put off by the TV reveal so starting your marketing campaign focus on the TV aspects of the Xbox 1 seems misguided.

What gamers are put off by that ad? I haven't seen anyone turn around and say they won't get the console because of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What gamers are put off by that ad? I haven't seen anyone turn around and say they won't get the console because of it.

Its their first ad, its going to get spread around the internet, they should have made a bang with it.

I doubt the ad put anyone off buying a console, but the question is how many people did the ad attract to Xbox 1. TV versus Games, which one gets more people to go and preorder an Xbox 1.

I am not saying don't promote the TV side, just lead with the games!!!