Options

Other Questions Raised By The End Of Time Part One...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just a few random thoughts...:

With John Simm's name appearing in the titles, is he now, in fact, the first Master to be a companion?

Who's been giving Lucy Saxon lipstick in a secret, high-security prison where no-one knows where she is?

With Obama appearing as US President, and President-Elect Winters being assassinated only two and a bit years ago by the Master, does that mean Obama was Winters' VP-Elect?

Does anyone else suffer from their eyes going weird when the Master's x-ray effect happens? It totally screws up my vision when I watch that.

Have we learnt that Timelords love playing hide and seek as an audience with the aid of lighting during big speeches by a semi-fascist President of the High Council?

Any more silly, fun little thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    Is Wilf trapped in the glass protective case now or was the Master change thing a one off "pulse"

If the Master knew of and deleted the President's financial solution does that mean he now has the combined knowledge of the entire Human Race? (in which case he should pay special attention to the Stephen Fry clone ;) )

What of the Ship the Vincocci said they had? Does it have any special tools that could help, or maybe even weapons?

Will the Time Lords punish or reward The Master?
    (since we all think The Doctor will come in for some stern words from them, but what of his nemesis! ;) )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Hey, didn't the master say that the president in LOTTL was the last of America? So what is Obama doing as president?
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, didn't the master say that the president in LOTTL was the last of America? So why what is Obama doing as president?

Because the Master stopped being ruler of Earth and didnt destroy America.
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Hey, didn't the master say that the president in LOTTL was the last of America? So why what is Obama doing as president?
    Ah, but surely that was before the infamous reset button was pressed!
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Because the Master stopped being ruler of Earth and didnt destroy America.

Oh yes! Makes sense, thank you.
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    Just a few random thoughts...:

With John Simm's name appearing in the titles, is he now, in fact, the first Master to be a companion?

Who's been giving Lucy Saxon lipstick in a secret, high-security prison where no-one knows where she is?

We've always assumed "name in the credits means companion" but that's not necessarily true.

No matter how high security or secret the prison is (and considering it had a nice big sign, there's no indication the prison is secret anyway) prisoners would likely have jobs and the ability to buy things. A much bigger mystery is how she got her "Master killing potion" as prison shops don't usually have that in stock.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Is Wilf trapped in the glass protective case now or was the Master change thing a one off "pulse"
    I'd say one off, as we saw a pulse spread out across the Earth.

If Sarah Jane is now a Master, does that mean he controls Mr Smith and K-9?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    If Sarah Jane is now a Master, does that mean he controls Mr Smith and K-9?

In my opinion, no. They're not weapons or machines to be controlled by anyone with physical access to them. They would refuse commands from this new Master.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zonks!

Does that now mean the Master is Captain Jack, and does he retain his libido?

And if yes, will he set out to sleep with himself?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've always assumed "name in the credits means companion" but that's not necessarily true.

No matter how high security or secret the prison is (and considering it had a nice big sign, there's no indication the prison is secret anyway) prisoners would likely have jobs and the ability to buy things. A much bigger mystery is how she got her "Master killing potion" as prison shops don't usually have that in stock.

I didn't mean the prison is secret, although that's how one reads it - my fault, I wrote it badly...! What I meant was that the prison (Broodmoor?), is clearly meant to be a play on Broadmarsh, which is the most high-security prison for terrorists and extremely dangerous criminals in the UK.

Therefore it's more likely that these prisoners wouldn't be able to do the things most average inmates enjoying detention at Her Majesty's pleasure would be able too. Like have lipstick. Unless the Warden deliberately slipped her some in advance... Although with a bit of lippy coming from her out of the blue, even Lucy Saxon must have wondered if things were about to go all Bad Girls on her...
  • Options
    polkadot12polkadot12 Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Does that now mean the Master is Captain Jack, and does he retain his libido?

Ahh but Jack's not from earth, is he? Have we ever found out wether he's actually human or not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1990jordan wrote: »
    Ahh but Jack's not from earth, is he? Have we ever found out wether he's actually human or not?

Then does that mean Jack's running around out there? Or depressed as hell because everyone he fancies now looks like the Master, whom he doesn't fancy?

And is this taking place before or after the events of Children of Earth? And if after, is the Master now also pregnant Gwen?
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if its after Children of Earth Jack isnt on Earth so its no biggie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Therefore it's more likely that these prisoners wouldn't be able to do the things most average inmates enjoying detention at Her Majesty's pleasure would be able too. Like have lipstick.

I really have no idea what comforts they're allowed. Certainly her cell didn't look very posh though!
    1990jordan wrote: »

We don't know if he's from earth or not, human or not. We do know at least that he's genetically compatible enough to reproduce with humans.
    Then does that mean Jack's running around out there? Or depressed as hell because everyone he fancies now looks like the Master, whom he doesn't fancy?

How do we know he doesn't fancy the Master? Besides, he hasn't seen him as a blond yet.
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Well if its after Children of Earth Jack isnt on Earth so its no biggie.

We don't know that he hasn't come back. However I expect how this affected various people will remain a mystery.

I'm also wondering how long this will go on. It's a lot of work making everyone the Master in every scene and I suspect it's really a bit of a distraction from whatever the main plot will turn out to be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this thread.... The Vinvocci lady plays Georges girlfriend in Being Human. Maybe Midshipman will be a werewolf as well and get eaten by the master.

Maybe the fascist President TL will get eaten by the Master....lol
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    And if after, is the Master now also pregnant Gwen?

What DOES happen to pregnant people, baring in mind the Master is male and unable to incubate a baby....:confused:
  • Options
    ChapwithwingsChapwithwings Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't mean the prison is secret, although that's how one reads it - my fault, I wrote it badly...! What I meant was that the prison (Broodmoor?), is clearly meant to be a play on Broadmarsh, which is the most high-security prison for terrorists and extremely dangerous criminals in the UK.

Therefore it's more likely that these prisoners wouldn't be able to do the things most average inmates enjoying detention at Her Majesty's pleasure would be able too. Like have lipstick. Unless the Warden deliberately slipped her some in advance... Although with a bit of lippy coming from her out of the blue, even Lucy Saxon must have wondered if things were about to go all Bad Girls on her...

No it's not. Broadmoor is a hospital for criminal nutters. I can hear the siren test every Monday morning at 10am. It's a very long 30 second wait for the 'all clear' I can tell you!!!

HMP Belmarsh is a High Security prison.

RTD appears to have combined the 2 a come up with a facility from the 1800's by the look of it!!

Apologies for pedantry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    We don't know if he's from earth or not, human or not.
    Jack is from the Boeshane Peninsula which isn't on Earth AFAIK
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Imagine if the doctor kills himself after getting fed up with it all, I mean he does say "sometimes I think a timelord lives too long" If that did happen I would be so sad :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Sylvia/Master take Donna's gift back to the shop?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What DOES happen to pregnant people, baring in mind the Master is male and unable to incubate a baby....:confused:

That's what I've been wondering. What about children or babies? Or sick people, do they become well again? What about the women who were giving birth at the time? Oh God what about the people that were having sex then suddenly everyone turned into The Master!:eek:
  • Options
    TheCutoutWitchTheCutoutWitch Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think yull find that the lipstick was applied to Lucys mouth during the ceremony by the woman with the tissue.

so there you go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    imagine having a baby master:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    shivz95 wrote: »
    imagine having a baby master:eek:

There's a thought. "I. Am. The. Offspring!" Good Timelord name? lol
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Foetuses would probably vanish until the population gets restored. Babies and children would become adult Masters just like everyone else, but they'd grow so fast they probably destroyed their clothes, unless they just stretch to fit like in Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers (the latter half of Power Rangers season 3, when a weapon called the Orb of Doom was used to turn back time, the rangers turned into kids, their clothes shrinking with them. When they used the Zeo Crystal to restore the timeline ten episodes later, their clothes stretched to fit their adult bodies).

Martha Jones, Mickey Smith, Sarah Jane and her companions (except possibly Luke, who was created by the Bane and thus may have some immunity) and Gwen Cooper are all Master clones. Rose is immune because she was in a parallel universe, while Jack is immune because he was off-world at the time. Wilf was protected by the anti-radiation field. Donna was immune because her Time Lord DNA, but it triggered her memories, so she probably hasn't got long to live.