Options

ps vita

Comments

• Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    So how about I have five games but only enough memy card space for two... do the other three have to sit in bubbles? Even if I've previously moved them to Vita and back again?

As far as I can tell, they sit in the bubbles until they have been installed on the Vita, at which point they are deleted from the PS3. Once they have been on the Vita, if you move them back to PS3 then they sit in the PS Vita System Application Utility folder, and don't show up in your games list.
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how about I have five games but only enough memy card space for two... do the other three have to sit in bubbles? Even if I've previously moved them to Vita and back again?
    That is 2 different situations. Vita games you download to the PS3 from the store/your download list will remain in bubbles on the XMB until you either move them to the Vita or delete them.

Any games on the Vita that you choose to copy/back up to the PS3 will go into the PS Vita System Application Utility folder. Within that is one file containing your backed up Vita content which can be restored to the Vita using the Content Manager app.
    I'm sure we used to be able to arrange PSP games into their own folder using the Album data, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.
    That changed when Minis became playable on the PS3. They made it so that the PSP could recognize the bubbles of PSP/PS1/Minis so you didn't have to install them to the PS3 before you could copy them across. They removed the install step to make the process faster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    That is 2 different situations. Vita games you download to the PS3 from the store/your download list will remain in bubbles on the XMB until you either move them to the Vita or delete them.

Any games on the Vita that you choose to copy/back up to the PS3 will go into the PS Vita System Application Utility folder. Within that is one file containing your backed up Vita content which can be restored to the Vita using the Content Manager app.

That changed when Minis became playable on the PS3. They made it so that the PSP could recognize the bubbles of PSP/PS1/Minis so you didn't have to install them to the PS3 before you could copy them across. They removed the install step to make the process faster.

LOL. Yeah, I did some logical thinking, had a play with he Content Manager, came to the same conclusion, and edited my post. :o

I've been messing around, trying to hide the bloody things for weeks. :D
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...if you move them back to PS3 then they sit in the PS Vita System Application Utility folder, and don't show up in your games list.

Ahh this is the bit I didn't know about, that there was a pre-set folder on the PS3 for them when you move them back.

Ok, what I'll do then is copy each game to Vita then back again and they'll be out of my way. Already downloaded the 5 or 6 games from PS+, I can put up with the bubbles from now until the Vita arrives.

Thanks for the answers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and I'd better delete the PSP games from my PS3 and redownload them to bubbles, do PSP and Minis happily go into the PS Vita System Application Utility folder too if I move them to and from my Vita?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and I'd better delete the PSP games from my PS3 and redownload them to bubbles, do PSP and Minis happily go into the PS Vita System Application Utility folder too if I move them to and from my Vita?
    Yes, in a file called Applications (PSP/Other).

The method I've used is Copy Content which allows you to pick and choose what you want to copy to the PS3. There is also a full Backup Utility but I've never used it. The data should go in the same folder but the file names might be different.

Note that PSP/Mini/PS1 save data is handled separately (not sure about PS Mobile as I don't have any). They have their own menu option within Copy Content and their own folders on the XMB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool thanks for that. Looking forward to it arriving, although with the bank holiday it'll likely be Wednesday before I get it.

I hope that PS+ sticks with supporting it because that's one of the main reasons I'm buying one; I don't intend on buying any games (although might get one or two at some point).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what is funny. I just found this.

http://www.playstation.com/psmeeting2011/chapter11.html

Back before Vita even had it's name, when it was announced - as NGP.

Activision announced COD would be released on it. And it took them nearly two years to do it. And it turned out to be a pile of poo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    You know what is funny. I just found this.

http://www.playstation.com/psmeeting2011/chapter11.html

Back before Vita even had it's name, when it was announced - as NGP.

Activision announced COD would be released on it. And it took them nearly two years to do it. And it turned out to be a pile of poo.
    Activision are muppets and the failure of Black Ops: Declassified lies entirely with them. It only took them 5 months. They had 2 years to do something with it but the game itself started development 5 months before it went gold and was launched a couple of weeks later.
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, they're an even bigger bunch of f***tards than I'd given them credit for!

Plus - I love the fact there's no Japanese word for 'exciting'.
  • Options
    wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Activision/Sony's fault to give the game to Nihilistic after the shambles that was Resistance: Burning Skies. It got critically panned for graphics and gameplay and Nihilistic basically 're-skinned' the engine for Black Ops. No wonder it only took 5 months.

Good job Nihilistic has disbanded.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are people worried about COD. The whole series has been hype over substance anyway. It is not even the PS3's best FPS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Why are people worried about COD. The whole series has been hype over substance anyway. It is not even the PS3's best FPS.

But a good COD game is a guaranteed system seller, and the Vita can have as many Gravity Rushes, Sound Shapeses or Mutant Blobs as it likes, it needs a good well-known FPS IP to shift some units and get developer confidence up a bit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    But a good COD game is a guaranteed system seller, and the Vita can have as many Gravity Rushes, Sound Shapeses or Mutant Blobs as it likes, it needs a good well-known FPS IP to shift some units and get developer confidence up a bit.

Sounds like a job for Killzone Mercenary
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »

Resistance and Killzone better IPs anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a job for Killzone Mercenary

I wholeheartedly agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I prefer CoD myself but that's why we have opinions and i won't argue against yours

But i'd wager if you went on to people on the street more gamers and non gamers would be able to tell you what CoD is than another other shooter and that is why the Vita needed a Good one, whether or not a game like killzone is going to be massive for the Vita is kind of irrelevant

The Vita needed not the two best franchises but the two biggest franchise on the Vita and they needed them to sell well, they needed Fifa and CoD to be huge on the vita and that hasn't really happened
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    The Vita needed not the two best franchises but the two biggest franchise on the Vita and they needed them to sell well, they needed Fifa and CoD to be huge on the vita and that hasn't really happened

I think it's easy to put too much importance on big name franchises.

I can't find the interview right now but it was recently said that the vast majority (something like 80% ??) of Vita owners already have a PS3 at home.

The FIFA and COD hardcore are going to buy the home version first, so realistically how many are going to buy the same game all over again just to play on the move?

What the Vita needs is standout original software, or at the very least new versions of games that offer unique experiences thanks to the hardware.

Problem is, it's a catch 22 situation. There's no point spending loads of money creating brand new games for a small audience. But just make simple ports and they'll either be crap (COD) or won't sell because people already have it on another platform.

Sony really need to be leading the way, using more features like cross-play and cross-controller to build interest and confidence in the machine. I'm convinced that the arrival of the PS4 / Orbis will see Vita utilised even more, and could prove a potent match for the Wii U.
  • Options
    Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought after Wednesdays positive reveals, it would be nice to attempt a resurrect on this Vita topic. Persona 4 Golden releases today UK and is already a Vita legend from it's international launch. Bagging 94% on Metacritic.

P4G - £31.39
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought after Wednesdays positive reveals, it would be nice to attempt a resurrect on this Vita topic. Persona 4 Golden releases today UK and is already a Vita legend from it's international launch. Bagging 94% on Metacritic.

P4G - £31.39

Is this different than the Persona 4 I have for the PS2?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pah, Wednesday's reveal was meaningless, don't you all realise, Vita is dead, whether it works with PS4 or not is irrelevant! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Is this different than the Persona 4 I have for the PS2?

It is indeed a 'remake' of said title. But according to form is a complete reworking and is essentially a brand new title. Don't quote me on this because I haven't played it. But the pro reviews over at Metacritic are very positive.

Metacritic P4G 94%
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vita is dead

Seems my resurrection skills will need to be considerably levelled up!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the remote play thing really works then I'll be incredibly happy to have my Vita. Being able to play a game of Fifa or something whilst the wife watches Downton Abbey, result.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pah, Wednesday's reveal was meaningless, don't you all realise, Vita is dead, whether it works with PS4 or not is irrelevant! ;)

But digital download sales for the Vita are now beating the PS3's. I'm sure Sony, and other publishers, consider that far from dead.

As for its relationship with the PS4, I think that will be a significant boost for the system.