Famous People who died on The Same Day

2»

Comments

• CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    On a different issue, my granny and Adolf Hitler were born on the same day.
    She was much nicer than him, mind.

My grandma died on the same day (5th March 2008) as former Sheffield Wednesday player / manager Derek Dooley.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Farrah Fawcett Liam Neeson:s wife or was that someone else who also died im a skiing accident?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is google broken?
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Was Farrah Fawcett Liam Neeson:s wife or was that someone else who also died im a skiing accident?
    No and yes.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of Liam Neeson I thought Natasha Richardson and Jade Goody had died the same day but apparently Richardson's was a couple of days earlier.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marc Bolan and Maria Callas. 16th September 1977
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Is google broken?

No and yes.

Thanks. Both died in 2009 too, Natasha Richardson in March and Farrah Fawcett in June

Amy Winehouse died the day after that Norwegian youth group shooting, they happened on the 22nd and 23rd July 2011 respectively
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Margaret Thatcher and my grandma.

Bloody Thatcher.
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if we're talking about when our grandmothers died, mine was on the same day as Fulton Mackay - Mr Mackay in Porridge. Though she was 101 and he was only 64.
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.

I was thinking the other day didnt two very famous comedians die around Xmas on the same day (?) (I was thinking Benny Hill and not sure of other).

Anyhow still doing my research on that, and found some interesting ones...

Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett, which I had forgotten.

And one I never knew, Elvis Presley and Groucho Marx (the American Kings of Music and Comedy).

I was also thinking Mother Theresa and Lady Diana, but I think there was a few days apart.

Any others ?

Well Elvis and Diana both died in August.
  • swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens.

Nor forgetting the Big Bopper....

...but ...but...but
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three famous people died on one day, US comedian Milton Berle, actor Dudley Moore and film director Billy Wilder all died on 27th March, 2002.
  • charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rod Hull and Emu
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    As did Layne Staley of the band Alice in Chains.

And in Cobain's case the date of death is listed as "around the 5th of April" because his body wasn't found for a few days and he'd been missing since the 4th.

Wasn't similar true of Layne Staley? He'd been reclusive for months before his death, and while his ex-bassist said he'd seen him on the 4th, Layne wasn't found until the 19th, which would I imagine make any date difficult to confirm...:(
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Poor Mother Theresa. She didn't get a look in.

I didn't even realise she was dead 😳
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    Wasn't similar true of Layne Staley? He'd been reclusive for months before his death, and while his ex-bassist said he'd seen him on the 4th, Layne wasn't found until the 19th, which would I imagine make any date difficult to confirm...:(

Something like that I think :(
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Poor Mother Theresa. She didn't get a look in.

Did you not think she'd been rather quiet the past 17 years? :D
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She'd be 104 if still alive, possible but unlikely!

I remember her death being announced on the news. If it hadn't been for Diana's death I'm sure they'd have made more of a deal of it, with documentaries and everything. As far as I know there was nothing :(
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gus Grissom, Ed White and Roger Chaffee all died on 27 January 1967
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aldous Huxley and CS Lewis. two men with "diametrically opposing" views about reality. Also President Kennedy, but nobody remembers him nowadays ......
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    Aldous Huxley and CS Lewis. two men with "diametrically opposing" views about reality. Also President Kennedy, but nobody remembers him nowadays ......

I was going to mention that coincidence but then I thought that too many people would say it was before they were born.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    She'd be 104 if still alive, possible but unlikely!

I remember her death being announced on the news. If it hadn't been for Diana's death I'm sure they'd have made more of a deal of it, with documentaries and everything. As far as I know there was nothing :(

I remember people saying about the correction that had to be broadcast by one tv channel something along the lines of "the news of Mother Teresa's death was announced to the world by her press agent and not her son as was originally broadcast." --- ooops!