Lego does my head in!!

2»

Comments

• Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Round of applause for the OP! We've nearly come to blows over Lego Star Wars and my poor boy dissolves in hysterics if a ship gets broken...at the thought of having to rebuild it. Lego used to be fun. Not stress. And clone heads keep blocking the hoover.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I never liked the packages where you just built a specific model. I preferred the buckets where you could build anything you wanted.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Know what you mean, I spent 3 hrs building a pirate ship thingy, last Sunday for my 9yr old grandson, by 7pm it was all in bits again. :mad:

bloody kids ...... WHAT DO THEY KNOW EH :D

don't know about that new lego stuff, far too old and computer savve me ..... but loved it when it was all simple bricks and plates!
  • Rata1Rata1 Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    I prefer Sticklebricks if I'm honest
  • PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    So just don't buy specific kits. Just buy a big bucket of lego and let him make what he wants :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always found fuzzy felt to be far superior to anything with dayglo blocks.
  • Rata1Rata1 Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    decobelle wrote: »
    Ahh, remember the good old Lego of Yesteryear, a base, some bricks, a door some windows and roof tiles, maybe some people if you were lucky.

When my 5 year old son started getting into it I though fab, something we'll both enjoy. But today's Lego is something else - you are making a spaceship, or a Pirate raft or a fire station...every kit comes with a billion pieces that are specific to that model, so god help you if you lose any of them. My son finds them too hard to construct so I end up doing it while he watches very impatiently, then after at least an hour of me sweating and cursing (quietly) he takes my masterpiece...and trashes it with the help of his 3 year old brother. There are bits of Lego all over my house, a full box of it in the playroom - and nothing is complete. Argh!!

I miss the old Lego of yore...

so buy Airfix then....
  • familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love lego I use to build a big building then got toy plane and knock it down.

^^^^ before I got in sh°t it was back in 1993, 8 years before 9/11
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Pretinama wrote: »
    So just don't buy specific kits. Just buy a big bucket of lego and let him make what he wants :)

^^This, imagination will turn a rough collection of blocks into a streamlined rocket or whatever.

I'm surprised anyone builds the specific kits, bits get added to the existing Lego collection and I'd be off building whatever came to mind.