Is Phil Mitchell a killer?

kazi1976kazi1976 Posts: 286
Forum Member
Just trying to think back over whether Phil Mitchell has killed anyone in the past. I'm sure he has but cannot remember who?

Comments

• BloodRayneBloodRayne Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Somebody was in the car lot when Phil and Frank burnt it down, but they didn't know anybody was inside.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BloodRayne wrote: »
    Somebody was in the car lot when Phil and Frank burnt it down, but they didn't know anybody was inside.

Yes that's right, they later found out a homeless man had been sleeping in there. I think Frank was arrested for manslaughter too, and he and Phil were overcome with guilt - so much that Frank suffered a breakdown and left the Square.

But in answer to the original question, Phil has never murdered anyone.
  • kazi1976kazi1976 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Thanks I remember the car lot now but that wasn't deliberate.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Also not a murder, but you could leave open to interpretation the smirk he gave Steve Owen just before his car blew up. He probably hated him enough to let him die.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did he push someone off a motorway bridge? or was that someone else.?:confused:
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Did he push someone off a motorway bridge? or was that someone else.?:confused:

That was Johnny Allen pushing Andy Hunter :)

But yes Phil isn't a killer never intentional.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also not a murder, but you could leave open to interpretation the smirk he gave Steve Owen just before his car blew up. He probably hated him enough to let him die.

IIRC Phil went back to save Steve though, but he stopped just as the car was about to explode. I don't remember him smirking.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    IIRC Phil went back to save Steve though, but he stopped just as the car was about to explode. I don't remember him smirking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og_AsF4W4RA

3:36. Superb from Steve Mcfadden there, because he leaves it open. It might not be a smirk - he might just have wind...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og_AsF4W4RA

3:36. Superb from Steve Mcfadden there, because he leaves it open. It might not be a smirk - he might just have wind...

Ooh I see what you mean. There is almost a hint of glee in Phil's face when he realises Steve is about to die.

But yeah, could also be flatulence.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,177
    Forum Member
    Not directly or intentionally no but there are a couple of questionable events where you could argue he deliberately set things up for somebody to end up dead or caused death by his actions though some would argue he had no choice as it was protecting his family and the others involved could have said no

He wound up Dennis deliberately so he would be angry enough to kill Jack Dalton and Jonny Allen which in turn led to Dennis (and Danny) being killed.

He forced Kevin Wicks to drive cars he knew were dangerous as they were cut and shuts though he didn't of course make Kevin do wheelies in them

He chased Steve Owen so hard that it was likely he'd crash and then arguably hesitated to get him out before the car exploded.

He shot the dashboard and controls whilst Grant was driving causing it to crash whilst both were in it

He set fire to the Vic knowing it was packed full of people and didn't car who could be hure

Finally of course, he unintentionally killed the Vagrant when he torched the car lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I think phil has it in him to kil but every chance he gets to kill something either comes up, when he went to kill dennis but dennis offered to kill dalton instead or he doesnt have the bottle when he couldnt kill archie. However he was eaten up with guilt when he got dennis killed and nearly shot johnny but grant moved hit hand just on time and phil shot the bullet up in the sky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His mum asked him to kill Archie, he didnt do it. He is not the type to be a cold blooded killer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His mum asked him to kill Archie, he didnt do it. He is not the type to be a cold blooded killer.

That was a particularly uncomfortable episode, particularly when Peggy had prepared a slap-up meal for Phil in reward for killing Archie. Phil is not a cold-blooded killer, and Peggy's actions in that case (ordering him to kill for her, and disowning him when he couldn't do it) were totally unreasonable and utterly disgraceful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    He's everything but one :sleep:
  • Steph_CuckowSteph_Cuckow Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about Stella?
  • lewisktfclewisktfc Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about Stella?

She jumped. He has never actually murdered anyone, but he has been responsible for deaths in the past.
  • Steph_CuckowSteph_Cuckow Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewisktfc wrote: »
    She jumped. He has never actually murdered anyone, but he has been responsible for deaths in the past.

Thank you i could nt remember how the SL finished
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was going to kill Dennis? :confused: I don't remember that.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,850
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    He was going to kill Dennis? :confused: I don't remember that.

i have that jack dalton ep on dvd. he was about to shoot him when dennis said he'd kill dalton. im not sure if thats what theyre on about though
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was responsible for Dennis, Steve Owens, the homeless man and Kevin's death. But no intention was involved
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have that jack dalton ep on dvd. he was about to shoot him when dennis said he'd kill dalton. im not sure if thats what theyre on about though

Why was he about to shoot him?

You'll have to refresh my memory. :o
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,850
    Forum Member

i think dalton ordered phil to shoot dennis. i cant remember either im not watching any back till i sort my dvds out theyre all in a mess :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member

Phil owed Dalton a favour for letting Kate off who was working as undercover at Dalton's club. Dennis mouthed off with Dalton, and Dalton called in the favour
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desire_ wrote: »
    Phil owed Dalton a favour for letting Kate off who was working as undercover at Dalton's club. Dennis mouthed off with Dalton, and Dalton called in the favour

Ah right, I think I remember. Then that's what lead Dennis to kill Dalton?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Ah right, I think I remember. Then that's what lead Dennis to kill Dalton?

Im sure what happened was when dennis came out of prison he wanted money of dalton that dalton agreed to give him for going jail. It was meant to be 10k but dalton gave dennis 2k. So dennis met andy and said he wanted the full money. Andy got a henchman to beat dennis up but it showed the guy grabbing his belly and dennis driving off in a car to dalton. Dalton then paid dennis the full 10k and dalton said to andy silly dennis. He then called in phil (he owed dalton a favour because he saved kate) and dalton told him to kill dennis. Phil then went to the nightclub and he agreed with dennis that dennis should kill dalton so he could get of both there backs. Dennis killed him but before he died he told him his dad was alive however dennis killed him anyway. Sorry i wrote so much lol.