Options

The most annoying radio adverts.

TomDaOneTomDaOne Posts: 11,541
Forum Member
✭✭
Most of them are terrible, but some are more grating than others.

The worst for me is the one I keep hearing for donkoease (no idea how to spell it). It's something to help women loosen hard stools. I cringe all the way through the advert, which has dreadful over acting and the subject matter is just well TMI. Everytime I hear the narrator do say the closing stap line "Not to make you go but to make it easier and more comfortable when you do go" I shudder. I don't want to know. :mad:

Those adverts for Philadelphia spread also grate.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    TomDaOne wrote: »
    Most of them are terrible, but some are more grating than others.

The worst for me is the one I keep hearing for donkoease (no idea how to spell it). It's something to help women loosen hard stools. I cringe all the way through the advert, which has dreadful over acting and the subject matter is just well TMI. Everytime I hear the narrator do say the closing stap line "Not to make you go but to make it easier and more comfortable when you do go" I shudder. I don't want to know. :mad:

Those adverts for Philadelphia spread also grate.

ICELAND ...Kerry K. and her strange way of talking as if she has a boil on the tip of her tongue.
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too many to mention... and the range of local adverts that are horrors would take a whole fourm up!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The adverts run on century/real/smooth about old mobile phones just really get on my nerves.:mad:

person 1 - if you'd have gone to centuryradio.co.uk you could have got money for your mobile.

Person 2- Centuryradio.co.uk?

person 1- yes!! Centuryradio.co.uk

all said in a stupid shouting voice!!:cry:
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The worst currently are the RAB ones, the ford dealer and the Autoglass nonsense.

All that stuff ... its horrific - a total switch off.

The carrying a knife stuff on Galaxy are also pretty bad and have reaching for the tuning dial.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 2 that get on my nerves.

Both on Real Radio Wales.

1st one is for a Car Shop Called Trade Centre Wales, advertised by a bloke named Trevor.

2nd one is for another Car Shop in Wattsville. Its where they tell you to set the Satnav to Wattsville.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    The new Pizza Hut ones renaming it Pasta Huts, should be more like Prat Hut!
  • Options
    Phil DoddPhil Dodd Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) The ones on Boxing Day, telling you about the fantastic New Year's Day sale

2) Ads involving some sort of financial contract, where half the ad is someone going at a rate of knots through legal jargon that we can't hear anyway

When a really bad ad comes on, does anyone else put their fingers in their ears and go :

MMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phil Dodd wrote: »
    1) The ones on Boxing Day, telling you about the fantastic New Year's Day sale

2) Ads involving some sort of financial contract, where half the ad is someone going at a rate of knots through legal jargon that we can't hear anyway

When a really bad ad comes on, does anyone else put their fingers in their ears and go :

MMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMM

I normally go:

lalalalala lalalalalalalalalala:D

or failing that I'll switch stations!;)
  • Options
    Rob793Rob793 Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a really annoying one from the DVLA warning motorcyclists about tax and SORN where the mans voice is a prolonged drone along the lines of "oooonnnnneeeee, ttttttttwwwoooooooooooooo, ttthhhrreeeeeeeeeeeeee, ffooooooouuuuurrrr" basically impersonating a motorbike moving up through the gears.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob793 wrote: »
    There's a really annoying one from the DVLA warning motorcyclists about tax and SORN where the mans voice is a prolonged drone along the lines of "oooonnnnneeeee, ttttttttwwwoooooooooooooo, ttthhhrreeeeeeeeeeeeee, ffooooooouuuuurrrr" basically impersonating a motorbike moving up through the gears.

hate that!!
  • Options
    Gideon HGideon H Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    The ad for hotels.com is doing my nut in at the moment. Wake up happy? Any more of that and I'll be listening to BBC 6 Music in the mornings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Any advert that has one voice-over, trying to do several different voices... badly.

There's one I heard somewhere recently, which has a male voice (talking about getting loads of sim cards and giving them out to people you know)

"You can give one to your mummy" (Firstly, eugh. Secondly, it's in a bad imitation "posh" voice)...

"You can give one to your boyfriend, innit" (done in a "Chavvy" voice)...

"You can even give one to your Nan" (done in a REALLY bad Scottish, elderly voice) *this one really pisses me off.. I can't explain why.. I know it's irrational. It. Just. Does.*

ALL DONE BY THE SAME MALE VOICE-OVER!!! I know there's a credit crunch on, but if you want 5 voices in an ad, pay for 5 voice artists!!!! GRRRRR!!

(This thread is better than therapy, by the way!) ;)
  • Options
    sjoscinevsjoscinev Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "Your child will copy you" is the one which irritates me the most - thankfully doesn't seem to be on TS at the moment but when it is it's repeated far too often. I like the Clive Anderson dead tortoise one though, the timing is terrific.
  • Options
    superluke2superluke2 Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christmas adverts.Yah boo sucks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    The ad promoting Fostering - ok, so you can 'earn' £20,000 pa which apparently is more than they earned previously but surely the idea of fostering children is to help give them a good start in life, rather than earn extra cash??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    As WaveJock mentioned earlier. The Ads up here must be the worst out of the lot!

UPVC Door Company - Stupid wee Jingle

Scotia Double Grazing - The smooth talking voice over is so corny!

Real Radio's Pure Results - Even worse when John Byers does the voice over!

Any of Real Radio Agency adverts (The ones using the 61122 text number). Especially the Grafters Construction Recruiment one.

Any advert that has the guy with the Crispy voice. He does some of the BBC adverts for the Scotland games. But does a lot of Local Business Adverts like Buildbase. Infact - His voice is used in half the commercials on Radio Clyde and Real Radio!
  • Options
    AllBranAllBran Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Yes - but all your comments go some way to proving that radio advertising works.
    They may well annoy the hell out of you, but you remember them - and recall is what it's all about...
    Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaint Helens Glass... dum dum.. has the class.
  • Options
    RadioGazRadioGaz Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    The current compare the market.com advert makes me reach to change the station!
  • Options
    frank jamesfrank james Posts: 1,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see there is now a TV version of that annoying Autoglass advert.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I hate all those Cheessy Jingles that seem to be popping up on every station these days. They all sound like chas & Dave, Heard one on Radio Norwich the other day complete rip off of "Show me the way to Amarillo" for some window company
    why do publishing companys allow their Artisits songs to be butcherd this way ..really Naff
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    There is one currently on Absolute Radio, which is for Halifax.

Its truly terrible, and goes through all different songs using one word to get its message across. Really gets on my nerves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I find the adverts for Persil Small and Mighty annoying. With the northern kid.

As soon as I hear....."Did you know...." I have to switch over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's got to be the Maureen 118 212 hasn't it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Everything which they have, currently, on Absolute but as a contrast pretty much like those on Kerrang, as they actually fit into the station.
  • Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any advert on a Bauer station which is a blatant plug for one of their own products - even worse when you can get up to three of them during one ad break, and sometimes in a row.