Options

This TV

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a new TV for my room. It will be used for Freeview TV and the PS3 (possibly the very occasional Blue Ray DVD). I found this one on Tesco http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-1950.aspx however it doesnt say if its 720p is there anyway of telling from the information given?

Also I heard that at smaller screen sizes there is little difference between 1080p and 720p is this true?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no real difference between 720p and 1080p on that screen size. It says HD ready, so this would indicate 720, unless Im mistaken.

Ps. I wouldnt go for a teknika, slightly more money would get you a better make.

also, I wouldnt go for inbuilt dvd, its just another thing to go wrong, and they're so cheap to buy.

also, you say you'll be using a ps3, so could just use that anyway.
  • Options
    mriggsmriggs Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes I will be using the PS3 (especially because it can upscale), the inbuilt DVD player would never be used.

I've seen this ALBA on Argos which I'm now considering however will it be ok for Blu-rays, it doesnt say if its 60HZ compatable and I've heard that blu-rays need 60HZ to work properly.

Sorry if these are stupid questions :o I just like to be 110% what I'm buying wont dissapoint
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mriggs wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes I will be using the PS3 (especially because it can upscale), the inbuilt DVD player would never be used.

I've seen this ALBA on Argos which I'm now considering however will it be ok for Blu-rays, it doesnt say if its 60HZ compatable and I've heard that blu-rays need 60HZ to work properly.

Sorry if these are stupid questions :o I just like to be 110% what I'm buying wont dissapoint

It will probably be 768 rather than 720 though it may accept a 1080p signal - it won't matter that much if it doesn't, 720 TV sets are quite rare (mostly plasmas). Yes it will accept 60Hz (any HD ready TV will).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    If you want a budget TV look at the F+H ones ebuyer sell - they are cheap, quite good and come with a three year warranty. I've got a 32" one and i'm very happy with it!

K
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just scrolling down the link in the OP tells you that telly has a 1440 x 900 resolution and is 60Hz. :)

1440 x 900 is a 16:10 ratio, so the real issue is; will it display a 16:9 picture correctly, with black bars top and bottom? Or will it insist on stretching the picture vertically?