Options

A few questions

FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
1. When did Series 8 started filming last year, because I'm trying to guess when Series 9 will be on?

2. Am I correct in thinking that Series 9 started filming on 5th January this year, if so, then that means the broadcast date will either be 22nd August or 29th August, my money would be on 22nd August going by the fact that Series 8 started broadcasting on 23rd August last year?

Comments

• Options
    jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 8 Begin filming very early January and finished around may/June time :) only reason i know that is remember Peter and Jenna saying they finished filming and litteraly went stright on the world tour :)
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last year X Factor started the last Saturday of August and Dr Who started the week before to get a jump on it.

This year X Factor scheduling is complicated by the Rugby World Cup which will have primetime Saturday slots, so don't know how that will affect Dr Who. It might start the Bank Holiday weekend as that has been a popular scheduling choice in the past (Easter)
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would also like 22nd or 29th August for the S9 premiere. Gives us something to watch on Saturday night as the weather closes in. Plus if it finishes in November we only have a few weeks before the Christmas special. If lucky it might be the 14th episode. Look forward to hearing more about S9
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are going to want to start it soon enough so they can rush release the s9 set in time for Christmas. Would prefer a shorter series starting in October with a big cliffhanger and come back in February scrapping the Christmas special.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    They are going to want to start it soon enough so they can rush release the s9 set in time for Christmas. Would prefer a shorter series starting in October with a big cliffhanger and come back in February scrapping the Christmas special.

Ooh, controversial!
    The tabloid press would go into overdrive were that to happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My guess is September.

Also, this year, we'll likely have an episode go out on Halloween!
  • Options
    FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Filming for Series 8 began on 6th January 2014 with the broadcast date on 23rd August.

Therefore, expect 22nd August as the date for The Magician's Apprentice.