Celebrity Masterchef 2015

1767778798082»

Comments

• SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm-a-pain wrote: »
    Because they said to Rylan "you're cooking for us on the show next week" I assumed they'd given the game away that he'd won, as they usually have the winner cooking on This Morning quite soon after the final is aired.
    They only said that after he admitted he hadn't cooked at all since they finished filming Masterchef. Which I took as a very obvious hint that Rylan hadn't won, as most people winning a competition like that would never be out of the kitchen afterwards. Rylan's a presenter on This Morning, so he's there on the show anyway, for them to make an exception to whatever is their norm.

Funny how two people can make such vastly different assumptions from watching the same thing. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiance surely?:)

Well done Kimberly.
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see Sam do anything like that?

I think John mentioned Sam had done a mushroom duxelle and ham which has the same effect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This question has probably already been answered, but in the last round where they cooked for John and Greg how do they stop the food of the last two getting cold? I always thought they staggered their finish times, but they were all standing there listening to each other's comments :confused:
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    This question has probably already been answered, but in the last round where they cooked for John and Greg how do they stop the food of the last two getting cold? I always thought they staggered their finish times, but they were all standing there listening to each other's comments :confused:

Or indeed ice cream melting.

I wondered the same as you.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

From someone who was on Masterchef a few years ago, and used to post on here, sorry can't remember her name :blush: The food does get cold, but John and Gregg are tasting during the preparation time so know what it tastes like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From someone who was on Masterchef a few years ago, and used to post on here, sorry can't remember her name :blush: The food does get cold, but John and Gregg are tasting during the preparation time so know what it tastes like.

Thanks for answering :) It must make it difficult to judge the meal as a whole, but I guess they've pretty much made up their mind by that point anyway unless something goes horribly wrong. I would've thought it would be easy enough to stagger them like they do with the restaurant critics etc.
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed the whole series. No sob-stories, no histrionics and the best 3 in the final. Roll on Gbbo now.....:D
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    Rylan wasn't a cheat or a ringer and in fact Sam was in a catering course for several months before he was on Popstars. ..an equal playing field in my eyes.

I was happy with Sam or Kimberly winning, love Rylan but his cooking was just not upto standard. Sams final dishes were perfect but not terribly exciting.

Enjoyed it all

To be honest I'd be more astonished if they didn't go home and practice (they must have anyway for the dishes they invented themselves) and/or get hints and advice from family and friends/acquaintances/contacts. As long as it is the contestant themselves cooking in the competition I don't see the big deal. Given that Sam last cooked "professionally" about 11 years ago and with relatively little training at that it is an irrelevance as far as I'm concerned.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it has been written before that people judging cookery competitions get used to eating cold food. I think in the past there have also been occasions when ice cream has started to melt.

They must stagger the times in normal weeks because you do seem to see other people wandering around cooking.
  • opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm astonished that there are lots of posters here who didn't see the uber-cutesy, new mommy, innocent abroad in England, married to a male model, blonde former Pussy Cat Doll, winning Celebrity Masterchef over a flamboyantly gay, tooth-capped Essex boy and a Northern Michael McIntyre look a like, even if some of her dishes did look so easy, her daughter could have made them.

Who'd have thunk it?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I think it has been written before that people judging cookery competitions get used to eating cold food. I think in the past there have also been occasions when ice cream has started to melt.

They must stagger the times in normal weeks because you do seem to see other people wandering around cooking.

My uncle used to be in the production crew for Masterchef and said they're like scavengers as soon as the cameras are off. He said most of the crew pack on the pounds demolishing the food that John and Greg don't finish
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they get Rylan back next year for the round where they have to cook for past finalists. I think he'd be a great balance for Andi Peters and the incredibly dull Phil Vickery :D
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    opal88 wrote: »
    I'm astonished that there are lots of posters here who didn't see the uber-cutesy, new mommy, innocent abroad in England, married to a male model, blonde former Pussy Cat Doll, winning Celebrity Masterchef over a flamboyantly gay, tooth-capped Essex boy and a Northern Michael McIntyre look a like, even if some of her dishes did look so easy, her daughter could have made them.

Who'd have thunk it?

Funnily enough I saw a very pleasant, hard working girl with an positive attitude and upbeat approach and producing extremely good looking and tasty sounding food. Oh, and Sam looks nothing like Michael McIntyre :confused:
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    My uncle used to be in the production crew for Masterchef and said they're like scavengers as soon as the cameras are off. He said most of the crew pack on the pounds demolishing the food that John and Greg don't finish
    There have always been similar comments about all programmes involving food - I have heard judges apologising that they like something so much that they are not leaving anything for the crew.

The mind boggles about wine tasting programmes!
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who'd have thunk it?

:confused: I know it's easy to say that the pretty blonde always wins, but a quick scan of the past winners shows quite an eclectic mix of males, females, ages, hair colour, regionality and even sexuality.
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who'd have thunk it?

On balance, on that day's tasks and performance I think she deserved to win. After the restaurant challenge I'd have had them dead level but she certainly did a better job in the final studio challenge. If you picked another day in a previous round one of the other two or both of them would have been ahead of her.

Over all over the series none of those three stood out from the other two finalists imho but then we were only shown edits. Rylan was certainly the biggest improver but then he's a good learner, applied himself and didn't panic.
  • GodAtumGodAtum Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spikewoman wrote: »
    On balance, on that day's tasks and performance I think she deserved to win. After the restaurant challenge I'd have had them dead level but she certainly did a better job in the final studio challenge. If you picked another day in a previous round one of the other two or both of them would have been ahead of her.

Over all over the series none of those three stood out from the other two finalists imho but then we were only shown edits. Rylan was certainly the biggest improver but then he's a good learner, applied himself and didn't panic.

Just watched the show. if it was a 100m race, she was a few milliseconds in front of Sam. A close call but she deserved to win.
  • Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who'd have thunk it?

Because none of that is true. Rylan's final 3 dishes were nowhere near good enough to win.

Sam made 3 really solid dishes, but they weren't inspiring. Beef Wellington is a delight but it is a staple, a classic and whilst he made it well it is not hugely challenging given it is well documented, technique wise.

Kymberly, made 3 inspired dishes with considerable technique. Her lamb dish involved more technique than Sam's dish. More by a long way. Just the way it is I'm afraid.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Right result. Sam worthy runner up. Rylan has got on my nerves I'm afraid. All his reality TV drama needs to stick with XF / BB. CMC is better than that. He was still playing the I can't do it the final!

What they said^^^^^^^^^^
    I really cannot take to Rylan, he's just too over the top for me and his idiotic behaviour in Angela Hartnett's kitchen really annoyed me.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Worthy winner, thought either Kymberley or Sam could have won (Sams beef Scotch Egg is the one dish this series that really sticks in my memory that I would really like to try - as well as Rylans take away).

I'm obviously in a minority but I thought the series was a bit low key and uninspiring as a whole.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up, so happy Kimberly won! Such a lovely woman and a brilliant cook as well, she definitely did the best job in the final and thoroughly deserves her title, although Sam probably made the food I would have liked to eat the most!

In the earlier stages I found Rylan more likeable than I'd ever found him before but he started annoying me in the latter stages as I feel he overstayed his welcome a bit, the way he acted in Angela Hartnett's kitchen was so ridiculous, definitely glad he didn't win after that. Whether he was lying or not about his lack of experience I feel it was always over exaggerated how good he was, and that showed in his final dishes. Gregg and John were more negative comments about his dishes than they usually do in a final but they even let a few things slide, for example the fillings of the macaroons were completely disproportionate to one and other and his ice cream was not set at all but neither of these were commented on :confused: Plus the fact that he was given extra time to construct his pudding was totally unfair! And if it's true he hasn't cooked since the show than it proves even more that he didn't deserve to win.

On the whole really enjoyed this series though, great mix of characters and in particular loved seeing Kimberly grow!
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    I hope they get Rylan back next year for the round where they have to cook for past finalists. I think he'd be a great balance for Andi Peters and the incredibly dull Phil Vickery :D

Oh please let him replace Andi Peters! I never watch X Factor and any time I have it has been under extreme sufferance, so when I saw Rylan on that and then he came on this I was rolling my eyes so hard, but God help me I really warmed to him.

I have just caught up with everything (slow I know) with work and hols, and glad that Kimberley won, but this was a good series I think. Come on... Any series without Street-Porter or Biggins has to be a good one!!! :p:D:cool: