Audio (maybe video too) switcher recommendations

I've had enough of the lack of inputs on my amplifier. It only has one phono, one optical, and one coaxial input and is too restrictive as a result. I currently have my Xbox connected via optical and my DVD player via coaxial, but when I want to use it with Sky+ I have to physically pull the unit out and manually switch the optical leads, and have never bothered to connect my PS2 at all.

Can someone please recommend a decent cheap manual switcher I can buy so I can connect all these at once?

This isn't such an issue but my TV has three scart sockets and I still have to use three scart Argos switchers and the S-Video connection to connect Sky+, DVD player and all my consoles so I would also welcome any suggestions for a reasonably priced AV control centre that could help out with this and the audio problem at the same time too.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Fred SmithFred Smith Posts: 3,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Joytech
    AV Control Center 2 should cover both of your situations.

Amazon
    amongst other retail it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Fred Smith wrote:
    The Joytech
    AV Control Center 2 should cover both of your situations.

Amazon
    amongst other retail it.
    Cheers. I had looked at that but it only has two optical inputs and I need three.

There is a new Joytech out soon but as far as I can it has no SCART inputs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    cheap optical switcher is available from www.tvcables.co.uk for £7.99, although you will have to buy cables as well if you dont have any.

I have bought one for my SKY+ and X-BOX 360, so I have have them both in DD. It has 3 inputs and 1 output, and there is a dial on top to change the feed. It works fine and I did not know they existed until last week. So I now have a spare input ready for something else.

Hope this helps

Gareth
  • CrashedCrashed Posts: 1,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get a decent AV reciever with lots of video ins..
    coaxials & digital...ins & outs

More expensive than a switcher box, but worth it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I don't have the money at the moment for new equipment Crashed so I'm going with the cheapo switcher from www.tvcables.co.uk. Thanks to all who replied.