Options

Big Brother Canada 2015 - Episode 6 - Instant Eviction/HoH - 6 April - Midnight BST

124»

Comments

• Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »
    You're wrong - the Chop Shop was created before feeds went live, and ALL members are still there heading into the fourth eviction, that isn't a coincidence - they've been running the house since day one, they don't need HoH to do that - that's what's so frustrating about it.

I don't blame Chop Shop for it - it's more a format flaw (one that can't really be fixed). I just get bored of the entire game playing out the same way every series. Big alliance created (usually all guys, with a girl or two thrown in to "get info"), the alliance dominates and picks off all the girls, which leaves us with the weak, pathetic ones who end up as pawns/playing for the boys.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to go against a big alliance in the first few weeks, so we just have to sit here waiting until they've picked a load of outsiders off before blowing themselves up. It would've happened sooner than usual (last week) in this series if it wasn't for the producers shooting themselves in the foot.

I personally prefer female dominant series (BB13, BB15, BBCA2) than the male dominant series. It's just what I like, and whilst I don't expect - nor want - it to be that way every series, I immerse myself into the game, and will complain when I'm finding it frustrating. Isn't that part of the fun of Big Brother?

Johnny's awful at the game. He got told several times he/Kevin was the target and it wasn't until Jordan told him after Kevin won HoH that he believed it... Proved just how dumb he is, he's not even trying to observe or read people.

Sarah's the only hope left for this series.

He's a nice guy though. It's just like he is overwhelmed by being on the show and thinks it's summer camp or something.

What's hilarious is Bruno / Godfrey / Graig thinking he is some strategic mastermind. All he cares about is how hot Kevin looks today!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linus2 wrote: »
    They had nothing to do with the first eviction. Second they had HOH and then Kevin won next HOH who isn´t Chop Shop but he didn´t know who to put up when he only had 5 min time. Chop Shop only won 1 HOH, thats not much. So i can´t see them dominating anything. Yeah they had the votes last time because everyone wanted Sindy gone and Neaha wasn´t liked much either. And both endurance challenges were designed for a female to win because they had not much to stand on and they have smaller feet.
    Now with this week one Chop Shop member will leave anyway and they will self implode eventually.

I don´t like this cast much. I didn´t like the last years either. Not even a male eye candy, what a disappointment.

I rather watch guys on live feed. Not interested in girls talk at all because they usually just talk crap imo. I get annoyed pretty quick. If it would be a girl dominated season i probably would quit watching. Now this years guys aren´t very likeable so i am not sure how long i am interested in watching.

The gender split is what's making it boring to watch IMO.

Like why on earth would Jordan be wanting to get rid of Johnny / Sarah / Brittnee in the early weeks and be competing with the likes of Kevin / Zach :confused: Those two could just win out at the end and your game is pretty much over.

I would take my chances with the weaker players but this year they seem to want to boot them out and using the ridiculous "She / He is the next Neda" reason.

>:(
  • Options
    Linus2Linus2 Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    He's a nice guy though. It's just like he is overwhelmed by being on the show and thinks it's summer camp or something.
    He seems nice and all but i am beyond annoyed that they always cast so overly camp gays like there aren´t any "normal" gays out there. I just can´t watch him on the feeds for long. I just can´t. He is just an attention seeker like all the others they casted before him.
    The gender split is what's making it boring to watch IMO.
    True. Why does it have to be always girls vs. guys? At least thats what BB is trying to force on us again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems nice and all but i am beyond annoyed that they always cast so overly camp gays like there aren´t any "normal" gays out there. I just can´t watch him on the feeds for long. I just can´t. He is just an attention seeker like all the others they casted before him.

He's not as bad as the edited show though. He was saying production was making him go overly camp in DR. Its ridiculous >:(

We got Kenny last year and he was okay. I guess they wanted a different gay guy for the season. Plus, producers where foaming at the mouth at another potential Zankie storyline due to how popular (and deluded) the fans went wild for them last time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not as bad as the edited show though. He was saying production was making him go overly camp in DR. Its ridiculous >:(
    Oh they do? That sucks. Why do they always do that. I hate it when housemates are so loud and annoying in the DR. I didn´t watch a lot of feeds because they always sleeping when i have time to watch or feeds are off.
    Yeah Kenny last year was fine. Frankie oh god, don´t remind me. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh they do? That sucks. Why do they always do that. I hate it when housemates are so loud and annoying in the DR. I didn´t watch a lot of feeds because they always sleeping when i have time to watch or feeds are off.
    Yeah Kenny last year was fine. Frankie oh god, don´t remind me. :D

Yeah, he said he had to do retakes of his DR sessions lol. Pretty ridiculous.
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how all the fans of the show are in agreement of Naeha being amazing :D
    Obv not including people who don't watch feeds & watch an edited version of events
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how all the fans of the show are in agreement of Naeha being amazing :D
    Amazingly arrogant and full of herself. :D. Yeah sure, EVERYONE loved her.
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Go on Twitter, Facebook, JokersUpdates, YouTube...

90% positive for Naeha, and compared to the rest of the houseguests (bar Sarah), nobody's got close to the love Naeha's been receiving, so not sure why you're trying to deny it.

You don't personally have to like a player or understand why they're liked to acknowledge the majority of viewers like them, and it's very clear to see Naeha was/is one of the more appreciated houseguests this series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They did love her.. Have you checked social media? Almost all messages to arisa are about Naeha being evicted & how everyone loved her. Even Arisa retweeted a tweet about how it's sad Naeha had to be evicted [When hosts are meant to be impartial]

She was top on all polls

On jokers a forum & website for ALL super fans, shes top of all 16 houseguests with thousands of votes. Jokers is the best accurate rating system of all the houseguests,for USA it had Donny first, Zach second, Nicole third all season, who were america's favourites.

Naeha is the fan favourite of this series so far. Of course that'll change as she didn't last long, but she really is loved by the vast majority.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    90% positive for Naeha, and compared to the rest of the houseguests (bar Sarah), nobody's got close to the love Naeha's been receiving, so not sure why you're trying to deny it.
    I am not denying anything, in fact i don´t even care if she is loved or not coz she was only there for 2 weeks. All i wanted to say is that not EVERYONE loved her. So its 90%. Then 10% obviously did not.

And i don´t give anything about polls especially not Jokers. They had Derrick on the bottom all season last year. Its ridiculous. And Donny on top who did NOTHING for the game, he was such a nonplayer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not denying anything, in fact i don´t even care if she is loved or not coz she was only there for 2 weeks. All i wanted to say is that not EVERYONE loved her. So its 90%. Then 10% obviously did not.

And i don´t give anything about polls especially not Jokers. They had Derrick on the bottom all season last year. Its ridiculous. And Donny on top who did NOTHING for the game, he was such a nonplayer.

Being a fan favourite does not always count for who is "playing the best game". What you get is a mixture cause at it's heart Big Brother is still a social experiment. Take Elissa being a fan fave along with Britney.

I LOVED Heather last year and I will admit she did not have the best game play. She was however a thoroughly nice lady and a sweetheart and that made me support her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being a fan favourite does not always count for who is "playing the best game". What you get is a mixture cause at it's heart Big Brother is still a social experiment. Take Elissa being a fan fave along with Britney.

I LOVED Heather last year and I will admit she did not have the best game play. She was however a thoroughly nice lady and a sweetheart and that made me support her.

Exactly. Heather was by far my favourite last year - although I can acknowledge she wasn't the best player, that was of course Neda (who was also loved). People like Janelle, Will, Neda, Dan... they play the game in such a way that makes it GOOD for us to watch, Derrick did not. He completely sucked everything out of the twists, stopped any potential flips, stopped everything, and that's not something I watch the show for.

Yes, he played a great game, but it was so frustrating and boring to watch for me as a viewer. I understand he was there for half a million, but I wasn't there to be bored to tears, so I completely understand why Derrick didn't have the support of the majority of fans.

I've acknowledged Naeha's game was a bit sloppy, but the fact is not only was she actually playing the game (unlike a lot of the damn houseguests this year), but she played in a way that was entertaining. She wanted to flip the house, she wanted to take down a dominant alliance, she was trying to spice things up... and whilst that may have hurt her game, it makes it a hell of a lot more fun for the viewers to watch someone like Naeha than "yo, bro, Chop Shop, baby. Her, her and her gone next" and sitting here watching their plans go without a hitch.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member

True. Why does it have to be always girls vs. guys? At least thats what BB is trying to force on us again.

Erm.. Kenny last year wasn't an overly camp gay or as you call them "normal".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Heather was by far my favourite last year - although I can acknowledge she wasn't the best player, that was of course Neda (who was also loved). People like Janelle, Will, Neda, Dan... they play the game in such a way that makes it GOOD for us to watch, Derrick did not. He completely sucked everything out of the twists, stopped any potential flips, stopped everything, and that's not something I watch the show for.

Yes, he played a great game, but it was so frustrating and boring to watch for me as a viewer. I understand he was there for half a million, but I wasn't there to be bored to tears, so I completely understand why Derrick didn't have the support of the majority of fans.

I've acknowledged Naeha's game was a bit sloppy, but the fact is not only was she actually playing the game (unlike a lot of the damn houseguests this year), but she played in a way that was entertaining. She wanted to flip the house, she wanted to take down a dominant alliance, she was trying to spice things up... and whilst that may have hurt her game, it makes it a hell of a lot more fun for the viewers to watch someone like Naeha than "yo, bro, Chop Shop, baby. Her, her and her gone next" and sitting here watching their plans go without a hitch.

I really hope Johnny / Sarah can win HoH next week!! Praying to BB Gods <333

Then after Bobby / Bruno get evicted Naeha wins the comp to get back in with huge cheers from the audience. She goes onto winning the HoH and tells the HG about all the love she's been getting from the fans.

#QUEEN Naeha etc :D she was loving them on the google hangout. I hope she see's that Star Wars photoshop someone made. It's fantastic. "The Return of the Naeha" LMAO <333

Also she can call out Willow for being a rat. Production really does have it out for Willow. They sent her a question saying "Willow is a rat. Do you agree?" lol :confused:

I don't like Willow but that is slightly unfair
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »

I think it's more of the fact that production have been encouraging Johnny to play up camp in the DR. Why not just let Johnny act as himself??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope Johnny / Sarah can win HoH next week!! Praying to BB Gods <333

Then after Bobby / Bruno get evicted Naeha wins the comp to get back in with huge cheers from the audience. She goes onto winning the HoH and tells the HG about all the love she's been getting from the fans.

#QUEEN Naeha etc :D she was loving them on the google hangout. I hope she see's that Star Wars photoshop someone made. It's fantastic. "The Return of the Naeha" LMAO <333

Also she can call out Willow for being a rat. Production really does have it out for Willow. They sent her a question saying "Willow is a rat. Do you agree?" lol :confused:

I don't like Willow but that is slightly unfair

Someone crappy like Bruno needs to go next week. We don't want Naeha taking on Sindy AND Bobby in the "challenge" but I guess it depends on what it is. I don't think it'll be like a normal HoH comp since they're using the word 'challenge' instead of 'competition'.

As for the Willow incident, I think that's bad for Naeha if she returns - she'll be out to get Willow when there's much bigger threats, but I guess it will depend on where Sarah stands in the game at the time she returns as Naeha won't target someone like Willow if Sarah has, say, Jordan and Kevin after her. I think it's really unfair of the evictees to be allowed leaks like that one you mentioned, though. I heard that they're also being kept together (like series one when Gary returned), so the returnee is going to have a lot of information...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's more of the fact that production have been encouraging Johnny to play up camp in the DR. Why not just let Johnny act as himself??

Wasn't Donny desperate to shave his beard in the house and production told him he wasn't allowed?

It's absolutely ridiculous. If they cast someone because they're gay / have a beard rather than because they have a personality and seem like they know what they're talking about when it comes to the game, then they really shouldn't be in the job? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes it is bad to encourage someone to play up but nobody is forcing Johnny to act that way. He knows it's a way to get airtime and I think he is absolutely fine with that. You can tell from the feeds he isn't a hardcore gamer and NEVER talks about game, he's more there for the show.

And I think honestly they all play up in the DR, as each season goes on you can tell it's becoming more and more rehearsed. This season Jordan, Britnee and Johnny are definitely the ones you can really tell are playing up.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Yes it is bad to encourage someone to play up but nobody is forcing Johnny to act that way. He knows it's a way to get airtime and I think he is absolutely fine with that. You can tell from the feeds he isn't a hardcore gamer and NEVER talks about game, he's more there for the show.

And I think honestly they all play up in the DR, as each season goes on you can tell it's becoming more and more rehearsed. This season Jordan, Britnee and Johnny are definitely the ones you can really tell are playing up.

I am glad you pointed out Jordan for acting up, he also reminds me of Arlie/Peter i.e a muppet who believes they are a genius and gets taken out when the game gets serious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said that already. Even Kenny was acting the whole time so who knows how he is in real life.

And about acting up in the DR. I wouldn´t give a s*it what BB wants me to do. I would never change my personality just because they thing i had too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said that already. Even Kenny was acting the whole time so who knows how he is in real life.

And about acting up in the DR. I wouldn´t give a s*it what BB wants me to do. I would never change my personality just because they thing i had too.

I don't get that, either.

It seems in the casting stage, the houseguests get an idea of why they're being cast/who they're "meant" to be - like they're casting for an acting role. Then when they get in the house, they keep that persona up. Why? You've been cast - you're on the show, the audition persona can go.

It baffles me that they feel they have to keep their audition personas up in the DR instead of just being themselves. They probably fear the producers turning the house against them or something. The amount of times I've heard people come out of DR and say things like "they've just made me say something I didn't want to" or words to that effect is astonishing. They must be given strict instructions before they enter the house or something and told how it's going to be.

I guess they can weed out those likely to go against Big Brother's wishes at the auditions. There's enough desperate people out there to go along with whatever the producers want...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They probably fear the producers turning the house against them or something. The amount of times I've heard people come out of DR and say things like "they've just made me say something I didn't want to" or words to that effect is astonishing. They must be given strict instructions before they enter the house or something and told how it's going to be.
    That´s why Derrick often lied in the DR and to BB because he was afraid they would try to f*ck up his game if they knew what he is going to do next. I think thats the way to go.
    Yeah, but for Jokerz as they all claim to be the super hardcore Fans of the GAME its embarrassing to vote Derrick bottom and someone who plays such a bad social game like Donny first place. Thats a disgrace imo. I could at least understand it a bit if Derrick was an absolute asshole but he isnt. He was a nice, genuine and grounded guy. I always liked to read on Jokerz but since last US season i think people on there are a joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That´s why Derrick often lied in the DR and to BB because he was afraid they would try to f*ck up his game if they knew what he is going to do next. I think thats the way to go.

Yeah, but for Jokerz as they all claim to be the super hardcore Fans of the GAME its embarrassing to vote Derrick bottom and someone who plays such a bad social game like Donny first place. Thats a disgrace imo. I could at least understand it a bit if Derrick was an absolute asshole but he isnt. He was a nice, genuine and grounded guy. I always liked to read on Jokerz but since last US season i think people on there are a joke.

Derek was not all that nice, he said some pretty cruel, nasty things. He's just lucky that Frankie/Christine/Caleb/Victoria/Cody were worse than him so he didn't seem so bad.

Donny was truly an amazing person, he deserved to be top.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I found Derrick to be a complete asshole as did many other people. I found him extremely unlikeable and arrogant, he was so full of himself. Voting on Jokerz is that we are rating the housemates, it's not just about who is playing the best game, a major part is the person and their personality. Hence why Donny and Nicole were so high up, they were likeable people... Derrick wasn't imo.