Guess how many Xbox1s were sold in Japan last week

2»

Comments

• HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remaking last gen games is hardly exclusive to Microsoft.
  • KirkfnwKirkfnw Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it happening if the console was any good?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirkfnw wrote: »
    Why is it happening if the console was any good?

So what your saying is neither the XB1 or PS4 are good consoles due to to amount of remakes of last gen games on both.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣
  • KirkfnwKirkfnw Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    So what your saying is neither the XB1 or PS4 are good consoles due to to amount of remakes of last gen games on both.

Excuse me but you should stop the force-feeding of words. The PS4 is nothing to do with this thread pal.

Xbox One has no really good games on it and lots of last gen remakes = garbage.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excuse me but you should stop the force-feeding of words. The PS4 is nothing to do with this thread pal.

Which is your opinion, but don't try and act like your view is the only correct one. Plus you can't just say lots of last gen remakes makes the console rubbish but then ignore the fact that the PS4 is just as guilty for doing the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you are talking about last gen remakes making a console garbage then the PS4 is part of the discussion due to the amount of remakes also on that system. You can't say the XB1 is rubbish because of remakes without also inferring that PS4 is equally rubbish.

Xbox has an image as a shooter console which I think is one reason it doesn't do well in Japan and from a personal stand point I don't think MS take the platformy / action adventure genre series enough as they have abandoned a lot of games I have enjoyed like Kameo, Blinx, Voodoo Vince and Grabbed by the Ghoulies and totally under used Rare in the 360 era but to say XB1 has no really good games in total nonsense.
  • ClanroydenClanroyden Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    My gf lived and worked in Japan for 10 years. She has always said that Xbox has very little chance in Japan as the Japanese will always choose a product made in Japan over something from overseas. Even during the last generation where the Xbox led the sales worldwide for most of the generation, Xbox sales in Japan were tiny in comparison to the two Japanese consoles.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clanroyden wrote: »
    My gf lived and worked in Japan for 10 years. She has always said that Xbox has very little chance in Japan as the Japanese will always choose a product made in Japan over something from overseas. Even during the last generation where the Xbox led the sales worldwide for most of the generation, Xbox sales in Japan were tiny in comparison to the two Japanese consoles.

Patriotism will always play a part, but the sales figures recorded by Xbox One in Japan are shocking, by any standards. Meanwhile, brands such as iPhone continue to do really well there.

They don't seem to understand what other nations want from an electronics product. The price, timing, styling, policies, functionality...... They got so much of it wrong.

Xbox did have global success last gen, but those sales were heavily influenced by massive leads in the US and UK. It didn't do particularly well anywhere else. This gen they have threw away the advantage in its former strongholds and decimated support elsewhere with PS4 commanding a 90% market share in some EU regions.

MS continue to be far too US centric in its marketing and appeal. The US is, and always has been, their greatest opportunity and it's right that they push as hard as they can there to restore the brand. But by doing so at the expense of other regions they are slipping further and further behind.

Don't get me wrong. I am an Xbox One owner and it's a nice enough machine to play games on. I take no pleasure in seeing it do badly, but their mistakes are hurting them and there's nobody to blame except themselves.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't get me wrong. I am an Xbox One owner and it's a nice enough machine to play games on. I take no pleasure in seeing it do badly, but their mistakes are hurting them and there's nobody to blame except themselves.

But it's not really doing badly is it? Yes the PS4 is out selling it but it's not like (outside of Japan) the X1 isn't selling. Aren't like for like sales against the 360 show the X1 is even or better?
  • randomocityrandomocity Posts: 2,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this is why the XB1 is missing out on so many Japanese games. Sony is getting quite a few of them by default, which is a pretty good position to be in and helps add variety to the PS4's library - Sony should advertise that fact more as it sets them apart from the competition.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    But it's not really doing badly is it? Yes the PS4 is out selling it but it's not like (outside of Japan) the X1 isn't selling. Aren't like for like sales against the 360 show the X1 is even or better?

They certainly were at and after launch, but I haven't heard that particular PR response in quite some time. They have even been releasing sales numbers as "Xbox family" figures recently, combining the One and 360 sales - even then they have been declining YOY. Unless they can claw back market share, they are never going to have the momentum to match Xbox 360 sales over the generation.

As for Japan, it seems MS aren't even attending TGS this year. Unless they've got something else planned as an alternative, it's sounds like they've totally given up there now.