Lark Rise to Candleford: The Series 4 Discussion Thread

AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It is possible that series 4 (and potentially the final series) of Lark Rise, starts on Sunday January 2nd. The first hints of what we can expect are written in a Christmas TV Mag telling us about the New season.

"Has Dorcas met her match? Has Laura finally found love?"

Sounds intriguing! Only 3 weeks until it may start!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    I love this show so much. Complete escapism, can't wait for the new series. Sad it's the last though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    This is my favourite show, cant wait for it. Hope Sir Tim comes back!
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,380
    Forum Member
    What about Robert Timmins now that he has moved to Downton Abbey. What are they going to do without the great Brendan Coyle???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    According to the BBC Press Office site, series 4 starts on the second week of January, date and time to be confirmed. Yeah, can't wait:)

The site also gives a synopsis of episode 1, if anyone's interested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2011/wk2/
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,380
    Forum Member
    Oh no, looks like that's how they are going to explain Robert's absence. He has changed his name and working as a valet!!!
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deoirsia wrote: »
    According to the BBC Press Office site, series 4 starts on the second week of January, date and time to be confirmed. Yeah, can't wait:)

The site also gives a synopsis of episode 1, if anyone's interested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2011/wk2/

No mention of Laura and Olivia Hallinan isn't in the cast list.
  • AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    I love this show so much. Complete escapism, can't wait for the new series. Sad it's the last though.

If it's the last series, can't they bring in the nation's sweetheart as Daniel's spurned wife to spice it up and let it go out with a bang? The whole series could involve her trying to destroy Laura Timmins (prompting the residents of Lark Rise trying to get rid of her), ending in a explosive situation.

Laura would probably resign- she's already had Leonora upstage her in the Sugar Rush stakes (the roles seem to come Leonora's way rather than Olivia's) and she wouldn't want Princess Cheryl to upstage her either.
  • Miss PoppyMiss Poppy Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a journalist and did a Behind the Scenes feature for Candis magazine (it's a subscription magazine which supports charities... google it) - will be in the Dec issue, out shortly - was a fabulous day, the cast and crew are really lovely people.

Won't give too much away, but Laura is still in it... and they're not sure if this is going to be the last series or not... - still undecided!
  • Miss PoppyMiss Poppy Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, is actually going to be in the jan issue - think it might end up being available online in a couple of weeks..

http://www.candis.co.uk/innextissue/what-s-in-january-s-issue-
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndyB2007 wrote: »
    If it's the last series, can't they bring in the nation's sweetheart as Daniel's spurned wife to spice it up and let it go out with a bang? The whole series could involve her trying to destroy Laura Timmins (prompting the residents of Lark Rise trying to get rid of her), ending in a explosive situation.

Laura would probably resign- she's already had Leonora upstage her in the Sugar Rush stakes (the roles seem to come Leonora's way rather than Olivia's) and she wouldn't want Princess Cheryl to upstage her either.

If you are seriously talking about Cheryl Cole, you are delusional if you genuinely think she's the nations sweetheart. She's nothing but a PR obssessed egotistic manipulative nobody. Give her a microphone and tell her to sing live and you'd be shocked at how talentless she is.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Harrington is in the new series he is so yummy! unfortunately it looks like Dorcas will get her claws into him :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been looking this up on the BBC press office website, so pleased about Richard Harrington, he was in the Beeb's Bleak House a few years back and he was great :)

Why is this series only 6 episodes though?? Haven't the other series all been twice as long as that? One of the reasons why I love Lark Rise is because it's soooo slow-paced and lovely, I hope they're not going to try and cram in a romance between Dorcas and this new guy in such a short amount of episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    galentine wrote: »
    I've been looking this up on the BBC press office website, so pleased about Richard Harrington, he was in the Beeb's Bleak House a few years back and he was great :)

Why is this series only 6 episodes though?? Haven't the other series all been twice as long as that? One of the reasons why I love Lark Rise is because it's soooo slow-paced and lovely, I hope they're not going to try and cram in a romance between Dorcas and this new guy in such a short amount of episodes.

only 6 episodes! on such a well established programme seems so wrong its not like they are taking a risk is it?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard is on BBC Breakfast this morning around 9am!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very weird to think that we have 3 episode summaries ie HALF the show before it starts!

6 episodes is gonna be strange!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geogchick wrote: »
    It's very weird to think that we have 3 episode summaries ie HALF the show before it starts!

6 episodes is gonna be strange!

I know--it's going to be like being given a tiny morsel of chocolate to eat and then leaving you craving more!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest obstacle now for whether LRTC will continue after series 4 is whether or not Bill Gallagher will decide to return as its writer. Right now he doesn't want to do it anymore and the cast is reluctant to come back with a new writer. It's so frustrating!!! Does anyone know of an address where we can write to Bill Gallagher and try to persuade him to come back??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LarkRiser wrote: »
    The biggest obstacle now for whether LRTC will continue after series 4 is whether or not Bill Gallagher will decide to return as its writer. Right now he doesn't want to do it anymore and the cast is reluctant to come back with a new writer. It's so frustrating!!! Does anyone know of an address where we can write to Bill Gallagher and try to persuade him to come back??

great idea!
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever the decision on LRTC I always get the impression there would be options for the odd special maybe at Christmas -so maybe it wouldnt be a total end of the road.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    LarkRiser wrote: »

Hello, Happy New Year.
    Can I just get something straight before this gets way out of hand. The press, as usual, have quoted me out of context. I did not and would never speak for my colleagues and as an ensemble cast on their behalf. I have absolutely no idea if or who would come back to do a 5th series. We all love filming it, but it depends on other work commitments and whether it gets re-commissioned. We were all told during filming last year that Bill would not be writing any more episodes. We all love Bill's writing, but also have a great respect for the other writers, it is not an easy show to write, with so many characters having roughly equal amounts to do and having an interwoven plot between the two communities requires great skill from the writers. I think it only fair, and I THINK the rest of the cast would agree that we should be allowed to see potential scripts if they are not being written by the excellent team we already have before agreeing to do anymore.

Hope you enjoy the 6 that we were allowed to shoot.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back, angelheart! :)
    Thank you for the clarification. I can't blame the cast for wanting to see scripts from a new writer before agreeing to film. You wouldn't want the show/characters to go in some crazy direction, nor would we fans. Hopefully, if the series does get commissioned for a 5th series, the other writers you already have and know will be writing it if Bill doesn't return.
    At least we have these 6 new episodes to look forward to for now. I'm getting excited for Sunday! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year everyone!

I'm going to say this from behind my sofa but BEFORE this series airs, so that it isn't seen as a criticism of the current series - but I'm not sure that there should be anymore after this.

Obviously, I love the programme but given the era it is set in and the type of programme it is (quite timid) I think it could be become quite contrived and almost start to parody itself.....

Obviously I don't want it to go down the baby swapping route :) and there is only a certain amount you can do with a finite number of cast.

And also (no lick a**ing intended), but I think some of the cast are better than being in a soap set in the 1890s....

But on that very positive note, I am very much looking forward to this series!

PS. Can't believe how up herself that Julia one is speaking on behalf of the whole cast;)
  • SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    I might watch this again out of sheer nostalgia.

I got so cheesed off after Series 2 that I lost interest, but if it is coming to an end, it might be interesting to see how they tie things up. I have not seen any of the previews but I get the impression from things said on TV that Dorcas finally gets someone she thinks is good enough for her!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    geogchick wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone!

I'm going to say this from behind my sofa but BEFORE this series airs, so that it isn't seen as a criticism of the current series - but I'm not sure that there should be anymore after this.

Obviously, I love the programme but given the era it is set in and the type of programme it is (quite timid) I think it could be become quite contrived and almost start to parody itself.....

Obviously I don't want it to go down the baby swapping route :) and there is only a certain amount you can do with a finite number of cast.

And also (no lick a**ing intended), but I think some of the cast are better than being in a soap set in the 1890s....

But on that very positive note, I am very much looking forward to this series!

PS. Can't believe how up herself that Julia one is speaking on behalf of the whole cast;)

For me, I totally agree with you, always best to leave a holiday before you're sick of the place, and I tend to think the same with tv programmes, not speaking for the rest of the cast obviously ;)
This discussion has been closed.