Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seabird wrote: »
    Have a look at the recent Diary comments, the daughter who recently lost her father and told a very touching and private tale to Liz's 'friend' Issy is justifiably upset at having the story used in the Diary without her permission and her privacy violated.
    I hope this lady makes an official complaint
    :( Totally agree - not even a friend of a friend is safe ..
    This is not the first time Liz has used innocent people as column fodder with scant regard to their identities being easily recognised, indeed one slanderous story is being investigated by the PCC. .....
    Oh yes - the lady who found out about the death of her horse .. in LJ's column. Best of luck to her with the PCC.
    Unfortunately [Imho] LJ is too weaselly to be sued for her diary entries - she would probably talk up the fictional aspect/how certain details have been changed. Whereas she certainly has been in legal trouble for reporting a purported 'fact' about a named person: [eg Kate Winslet].
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    :( Totally agree - not even a friend of a friend is safe ..
    Oh yes - the lady who found out about the death of her horse .. in LJ's column. Best of luck to her with the PCC.
    Unfortunately [Imho] LJ is too weaselly to be sued for her diary entries - she would probably talk up the fictional aspect/how certain details have been changed. Whereas she certainly has been in legal trouble for reporting a purported 'fact' about a named person: [eg Kate Winslet].

And unfortunately the one thing she got sued over is the one thing I agreed with her on. Ever. And I teach pilates....
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, she's been sued several times over articles she's written.The Wail have had to shell out some substantial sums.
  • Buffy AnneBuffy Anne Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Actually, she's been sued several times over articles she's written.The Wail have had to shell out some substantial sums.

Is she really worth so much to them that they'd go out of her way to protect her than just hire another moron to do the job...maybe one who would be easier for them to order about and keep in line?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I basically signed up so I can post on this thread!

I have followed this thread for a very long time now, I cant believe the drivel that she comes out with sometimes.

I watched her a few years ago in the Nirps era, on This Morning and she was rude and horrible then. It was such a long time ago though, a quick search only comes up with her sperm stealing episode.
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her continued employment baffles me. Do you think she generates enough hits to be worth her salary? She doesn't generate the sheer numbers of comments to compare with an average Samantha Brick or Shona Sibary article, her writing is increasingly random and contradictory, she does seem to be a laughing stock. Just looking at the ratings on the comments each week on the Dreary show that she is unpopular - when you think how many people read and rate the comments without bothering to comment themselves, all the 'Liz is so fabulous, she wuvs animals, her writing is beautiful and she's so witty' mutterings are the worst rated.

Do you think she has something scandalous on her bosses?

ETA: Hi HumptyLumpty! Welcome :)
  • coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    Her continued employment baffles me. Do you think she generates enough hits to be worth her salary? She doesn't generate the sheer numbers of comments to compare with an average Samantha Brick or Shona Sibary article, her writing is increasingly random and contradictory, she does seem to be a laughing stock. Just looking at the ratings on the comments each week on the Dreary show that she is unpopular - when you think how many people read and rate the comments without bothering to comment themselves, all the 'Liz is so fabulous, she wuvs animals, her writing is beautiful and she's so witty' mutterings are the worst rated.

Do you think she has something scandalous on her bosses?

ETA: Hi HumptyLumpty! Welcome :)

Hi HL and other new posters :). I reckon The DM's just hanging on for a Lizard rant about Crufts and Clare Balding (double whammy). CRUFTS, THE KENNEL CLUB AND BALDING - DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED! Liz Jones vents her ire on the disgusting exploitation of inbreeding and gratuitous prostitution of man's best friend. They've probably been putting up with her increasingly bizarre ramblings in the Dreary in preparation for the backlash it will cause if she does submit some barmy hogwash about the annual dogfest and Clare, and how dogs don't enjoy being paraded but should be let off the leash to roam for hours on their tod. And then splatter unfurled cream carpets with mucky water after they've reluctantly padded their way home. Bonkers.
  • BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No comments yet on today's diary? Is she losing even the ability to irritate us? Is she?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2290217/Liz-Joness-diary-In-lists-RSs-pros-cons.html
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to set myself up for the day by reading her twaddle before I'm even out of bed. What a bitter old bint she is. Everything in that diary entry screams "poor me" as usual. I don't think I want to look at your pussy all night either Liz!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha. Imaginary or not, it is the most bizarre list. He 's "rude" for looking at his phone once in the car, but it's ok for her to check his laptop and phone for signs, presumably, of infidelity?

I think if you have to check a man's devices, there is no trust.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Maybe she's had such a hectic and busy week she didn't have time to produce a "real" article and had to settle with a list instead! I loved this:
    He said he is worried I am too thin. B***** off!

Followed by this:
    He doesn’t refer to me as ‘Old Lady’ or ‘Chubby

She can't even stay consistent in a single article! :rolleyes: I wonder what she would do if RS dared even look at her blessed BlackBerry the wrong way, let alone touch it to read her texts and emails.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's referring (yet AGAIN yawn) to Nirps, who used to call her Chubby. The meaty thighs is also a reference to him I believe. She holds onto affronts longer than anyone I have ever met. And what's wrong with meaty thighs anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are so many things wrong with both this woman and her lists.
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaFiga wrote: »
    I think she's referring (yet AGAIN yawn) to Nirps, who used to call her Chubby. The meaty thighs is also a reference to him I believe. She holds onto affronts longer than anyone I have ever met. And what's wrong with meaty thighs anyway.

Case in point? Ossie Clark - a 25 year grudge. The fact that he died in 1996 didn't stop her mentioning it in 2013. Do you think she has a little notebook?

"Former Friend X
    - crime: cooked my food in the same pan as bacon
    - punishment: spat food over table, wrote about it 6 times.
    Former Friend Y
    - crime: accepted gift of Mulberry bag (£26K)
    - punishment: wrote about it 5 times*

*Note to self - mention this again, 5 may not be enough"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIZ JONES: I know all about revenge...I stalked my husband's mistress

<sigh shameless hackploitation of Huhne family's troubles> ...Perhaps LJ could go for maximum authenticity and serve Ms Pryce's sentence* on her behalf [*decision due tomorrow].:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately She seems to have us all hooked.

The first thing I do on a Sunday morning is read her column and any other rubbish she has "written". It really irritates me that all the times we are discussing her and reading her column and other "articles" her hit count is going up and up and up. Maybe someone can copy and paste the articles here every Sunday so it isn't getting the hits?

Anyway, she doesn't seem to be claiming she lives in dire poverty any more just that she has debts when in this day and age who doesn't?

And on a side note, I listen to absolute 80s radio station and I am always wondering, is this who she is fantasising about, or him, or him, or him?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The first thing I do on a Sunday morning is read her column and any other rubbish she has "written". It really irritates me that all the times we are discussing her and reading her column and other "articles" her hit count is going up and up and up. Maybe someone can copy and paste the articles here every Sunday so it isn't getting the hits?

Anyway, she doesn't seem to be claiming she lives in dire poverty any more just that she has debts when in this day and age who doesn't?

And on a side note, I listen to absolute 80s radio station and I am always wondering, is this who she is fantasising about, or him, or him, or him?

In this week's Dreary she says she has debts, but then contemplates buying a Victoria Beckham cocktail dress.

Nice to know she has her priorities right. :rolleyes:
    I can see this developing into a replay of the people she owed money to in Dulverton.
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's what Facebook etc. is for.
    Forum Member
    I don't have or use Facebook for anything.

I have read about your group on here before, but not everyone uses FB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have or use Facebook for anything.

I have read about your group on here before, but not everyone uses FB.

That's how many of us feel but DS has to be very stringent about the content of posts.

I detest facebook but it serves its purpose.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is anyone else totally appalled by the arrogance and self-importance of the phrase "I might let my assistant take the rap"? Does the assistant have any say, I wonder, in this crime Liz has been thinking about "letting" her commit should the need arise? And how exactly does the long black wig fit into this plan?

Week after week, Liz finds a way of attaching herself to the news story du jour and making it all about her, providing an opportunity to recycle all the old ex-husband-cheating stories she's trotted out a hundred times. At least this week's effort doesn't involve pot shots behind a "metaphorical locked loo door", which has to be the lowest one yet
  • Amused HarpyAmused Harpy Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Or what about that bit where she said she would be speeding because she was "so special and important and always had to hurry"? That must be a joke surely.:confused: As if Nic would be silly enough to take the rap for her.

Her priorities are definitely wrong as paying off her debts seems to come last on her list.

Nothing seems to have happened in her Dreary. It's all about a stupid list she's compiled while in bed. Imagine being paid £1 a word for all that tripe!

Her Mail on Sunday article is all rehashed stuff about Nirpal and Daphne. I wish she'd give it a rest.

Everyone on this thread is capable of writing superior material to her nonsense.
  • Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    vampyre wrote: »
    That's how many of us feel but DS has to be very stringent about the content of posts.

I detest facebook but it serves its purpose.

For me FB has one purpose- that mentioned by Vampyre. Like many tools it can be used as and when you wish and you don't have to use all the facilities. The facility being mentioned has turned out to be well worth my having joined FB, despite my better judgement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me FB has one purpose- that mentioned by Vampyre. Like many tools it can be used as and when you wish and you don't have to use all the facilities. The facility being mentioned has turned out to be well worth my having joined FB, despite my better judgement.

Like leading a horse to water and letting it decide if it wants to drink.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

<[.......Perhaps LJ could go for maximum authenticity and serve Ms Pryce's sentence* on her behalf [*decision due tomorrow].:rolleyes:

Chris Huhne and Vicky Pryce jailed for eight months each