Options

Fifth Harmony Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really like these girls. 2015 looks like a great start for these.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    Really like these girls. 2015 looks like a great start for these.

Welcome! I hope it is too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love how eloquent the girls are.
    @lizperle: They did not make girl groups who used words like "immigration reform" when i was a teen. Love 5H & @camilacabello97. http://t.co/SYAxQUHYap

Fun fact: Camila graduated from High School (A level equivalent) at 16.

Radio Update:

@5HonTour: Pop Radio Update:
    #30 (=) with 2229 (+87) spins, 502 (+7) bullets and 8.325 (+0.276) audience. http://t.co/wtxFT1qbVX
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw bo$$ music vid on 4music!!! Get that promo girls! About time they were here in the UK. So strange seeing them on my TV. I'm excited for xfactor.

Whether or not bo$$ is a bad move for a single choice, I know the girls will be put on a show that people will remember and talk about..thats the main thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just saw bo$$ music vid on 4music!!! Get that promo girls! About time they were here in the UK. So strange seeing them on my TV. I'm excited for xfactor.

Whether or not bo$$ is a bad move for a single choice, I know the girls will be put on a show that people will remember and talk about..thats the main thing.

This! There was quite a massive crowd for them outside Capital FM today
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they performing Sledgehammer or Bo$$ on Sunday? Both have plays on UK radio so far:

http://comparemyradio.com/artists/Fifth_Harmony

The iTunes preorder position is fairly good seeing as they're unknown over here and have had minimal airplay
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JB92 wrote: »
    Are they performing Sledgehammer or Bo$$ on Sunday? Both have plays on UK radio so far:

http://comparemyradio.com/artists/Fifth_Harmony

The iTunes preorder position is fairly good seeing as they're unknown over here and have had minimal airplay

BO$$ the girls have done interviews with Capital FM and Heat Radio so far. They've also done various interviews and tiny bits of promo with UK media outlets.

The performance is sure to spark a lot of conversation as Brian Friedman is the creative director for it! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    BO$$ the girls have done interviews with Capital FM and Heat Radio so far. They've also done various interviews and tiny bits of promo with UK media outlets.

The performance is sure to spark a lot of conversation as Brian Friedman is the creative director it!

Thanks Arun. Interesting choice, I thought Sledgehammer would have been more suited to the UK, but preorders are doing decently for BO$$. I think they should go top 40 on iTunes following the performance. Radio just needs to start picking for it to sustain a position.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The person who said Dinah Jane is being pushed out the band a few pages back needs to watch the 'all I want for christmas' music video. They all get their time to shine!

Their rehearsal pic on their instagram looks like they are performing bo$$ on xfactor. But maybe they will surprise us and somehow do a mash-up? I don't know how that would work though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun Showbiz @TheSunShowbiz · 20h 20 hours ago
    The gorgeous @FifthHarmony popped in and gave @NatalieBizarre a fab lively interview - get it on Sunday! #5HinLondon

Looks like they'll be in The Sun on Sunday this weekend
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just popping in to wish the girls luck for their UK debut this weekend. I've been keeping one eye on them since their days as LYLAS and they've come so far.

I'm still a bit unsure about Bo$$ as their debut here, but I think it's a better choice than Sledgehammer which is a bit plain for a debut.

Hopefully they can restore some girlband fever to the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Just popping in to wish the girls luck for their UK debut this weekend. I've been keeping one eye on them since their days as LYLAS and they've come so far.

I'm still a bit unsure about Bo$$ as their debut here, but I think it's a better choice than Sledgehammer which is a bit plain for a debut.

Hopefully they can restore some girlband fever to the UK.

Nice to see you post here Zack!

Yes, I think it'll be a better performance than Sledgehammer and they need to show they can sing and dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    The girls at Buckingham Palace today https://twitter.com/5HonTour/status/541279373589217280

Also, they're recording a cover of "Slient Night" with Shazam http://instagram.com/p/wRa36Lsduo/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    slashndash wrote: »
    The girls at Buckingham Palace today https://twitter.com/5HonTour/status/541279373589217280

Also, they're recording a cover of "Slient Night" with Shazam http://instagram.com/p/wRa36Lsduo/

Exciting! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »

The performance is sure to spark a lot of conversation as Brian Friedman is the creative director for it! :)

He also directed and choreographed their performance of ACH so I'm anticipating a spectacle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MsDirect wrote: »
    He also directed and choreographed their performance of ACH so I'm anticipating a spectacle.

I didn't know that! Now my expectations have gone up ^_^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    BO$$ is out now on itunes UK. Currently at #67
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's better than I would have expected considering they've done pretty much nothing over here apart from a radio interview and press interviews which haven't been published yet. I would prefer if they were performing Sledgehammer, but looks like I'll have to put up with Bo$$. In their radio interview it was so awkward when the interviewer said to them "We've been playing Sledgehammer, but you're releasing BO$$". Also, he asked them if they have a second UK single lined up and Camilla said Sledgehammer, which is obviously not true as it's the B side. On a more positive note, there's four choreographers working on their XF performance. I'm hoping this is amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think she only said Sledgehammer will be the second single here was because nothing is 100% confirmed - such as what songs will actually make the album.

As I said before I'd rather the second single here in the UK and third in the US (worldwide release) be a mid-tempo that showcases their vocals well but still catchy enough to be played on radio

Bo$$ is at 64 now :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BO$$ up to #49. Impressive considering they've had little promo and little airplay
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's at 44 now, I'm honestly really impressed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's impressive! This is even before the xfactor performance so we can expect a huge jump after they perform also. I'm hoping top 20!
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting. Just as a bit of a comparison, Union J's latest single had absolutely zero promotion and wasn't doing well on iTunes at all if I remember correctly. Then, their XF performance on the day of its release catapulted it to number 1 on iTunes...it's now headed for top 2 in the official chart today. I think this looks promising for Fifth Harmony. I just hope the performance doesn't come across a bit tacky to the UK...the Michelle Obama line is so cringy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting. Just as a bit of a comparison, Union J's latest single had absolutely zero promotion and wasn't doing well on iTunes at all if I remember correctly. Then, their XF performance on the day of its release catapulted it to number 1 on iTunes...it's now headed for top 2 in the official chart today. I think this looks promising for Fifth Harmony. I just hope the performance doesn't come across a bit tacky to the UK...the Michelle Obama line is so cringy.

Yes, with a song like this they need to own and work that stage. Since the performance is pre-recorded all the angles can be sorted out so it'll look good visually.

Bo$$ is now at 37 on iTunes - I'm honestly so surprised that people are buying the song.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

The Michelle Obama bit is the catchy part which would make the song instantly recognisable