Options

Over-zealous Mods on DS !!!!!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi guys

I don't consider myself to be a particularly controversial poster on this forum :o but I've been slapped down by the mods practically every day for the past week!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Anyone else having the same problem???:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    No, I don't think I've had any posts deleted.

(I wonder how long it will take for this thread to get locked.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »

(I wonder how long it will take for this thread to get locked.)

Yeah good point - shall I just report myself and cut out the middle-man??? :D:D:D
  • Options
    RubydollRubydoll Posts: 1,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not had the problem, but ever been on t'other Big Brother forum run by it's native channel? It is very moderated on there (just in case you didn't know) Ds is really free by comparison xx
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    Yeah good point - shall I just report myself and cut out the middle-man??? :D:D:D

Nope, we can bet on it. It's more fun that way. :)
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    I once got a warning for pointing out that someone had spelt my name wrong! I got the impression that if someone complains they just dish out a warning regardless of the merits. I expect it's a thankless task!
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I've had a problem particularly, other than I'm not sure whether any of my posts were in the lot that got deleted in 'that' thread. Think mods were pretty justified there because it did get a bit OTT.
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member

You can be deleted for sexism as well. It is a middle-person. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once got a warning for pointing out that someone had spelt my name wrong! I got the impression that if someone complains they just dish out a warning regardless of the merits. I expect it's a thankless task!

But that's the strange thing, I haven't had any warnings (YET!!!;)) My posts just seem to mysteriously disappear. I'm starting to think maybe I'm dreaming the whole posting experience.....:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I think the mods cracked down because the arguments had become both circular and personal - variations on "my dog is bigger than your dog!"

Also SOME of the comments made may well have been verging on libelous - and DS as the hosts of the site, would have been culpable.

JJ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    You can be deleted for sexism as well. It is a middle-person. ;)

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjackson42 wrote: »
    I think the mods cracked down because the arguments had become both circular and personal - variations on "my dog is bigger than your dog!"

Also SOME of the comments made may well have been verging on libelous - and DS as the hosts of the site, would have been culpable.

JJ

Don't think that I personally have verged on the libelous jj !!!!

And my dog's a westie, so not very big at all.....:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But that's the strange thing, I haven't had any warnings (YET!!!;)) My posts just seem to mysteriously disappear. I'm starting to think maybe I'm dreaming the whole posting experience.....:confused::confused::confused:

I've cracked it.
    The Mods delete every 13th post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using an iPhone at the mo soulmate and it won't decode the spoiler!:mad:

Can you PM me please?:)
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

JJ

But my dog IS bigger than your dog!!!!!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm using an iPhone at the mo soulmate and it won't decode the spoiler!:mad:

Can you PM me please?:)

Only if you promise to swallow the PM afterwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Only if you promise to swallow the PM afterwards.

Or possibly swallow the iPhone!!! (lol)

JJ
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Haven't you lot been sent to Siberia yet? There must be a soft new liberal regime in power. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi guys

I don't consider myself to be a particularly controversial poster on this forum :o but I've been slapped down by the mods practically every day for the past week!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Anyone else having the same problem???:confused::confused::confused:
    I don't think I've had a problem particularly, other than I'm not sure whether any of my posts were in the lot that got deleted in 'that' thread. Think mods were pretty justified there because it did get a bit OTT.

I take back what I said here, just noticed that I think I've had something pretty innocuous deleted too. Not sure why. :confused:
  • Options
    SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I was a bit annoyed that THAT thread was locked off and still don't really see why it was...Yes there was the odd sense of humour and proportion failure, but to shut the whole thread seems OTT to me :(

...Alright, I'll admit my main crib is that I never got to finish my match report :D I just wonder why it is that every time I start to enjoy myself someone always p's on my fireworks? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can't believe that I missed a day and didn't get to read what what the deleted posts said *harumph*:eek:

BTW: I've got cats not dogs but one of my cats is quite a bit on the tall side and is bigger than my friend's westie :eek: ... does that count?? :p;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I can't believe that I missed a day and didn't get to read what what the deleted posts said *harumph*:eek:

BTW: I've got cats not dogs but one of my cats is quite a bit on the tall side and is bigger than my friend's westie :eek: ... does that count?? :p;):D

It probably does! Especially with a name like yours (lol)

Besides - media wise, as they so often sing at Old Trafford "Its All Gone Quiet Over There!!"

JJ
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It probably does! Especially with a name like yours (lol)

Besides - media wise, as they so often sing at Old Trafford "Its All Gone Quiet Over There!!"

JJ

:D:D It does sort of give the game away that I like cats :p:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but I actually agree with the mods (even though I did have one post deleted). I think they're just trying to crack down on any discussions which get a bit too personal, that's all.

I liked the match reports though. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I was a bit annoyed that THAT thread was locked off and still don't really see why it was...Yes there was the odd sense of humour and proportion failure, but to shut the whole thread seems OTT to me :(

...Alright, I'll admit my main crib is that I never got to finish my match report :D I just wonder why it is that every time I start to enjoy myself someone always p's on my fireworks? :D

I think, as jj said, the arguements were going around in circles, but it was a shame about your unfinished match report, though:(

The thread with the great firework debate is still there, though, although no recent sightings - too much rain at the moment I guess, so perhaps that's why it fizzled out. Funnily enough, the OP on that one was new, too:rolleyes:
  • Options
    SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say that I agree that it did get personal at times and it wasn't all one-sided either. I suppose for that reason the mods felt they had no choice but it does seem a shame...
This discussion has been closed.