What Point Do I Get Any Consideration

OMG! Self Centered Or What! Horrible Woman

Comments

• Options
    cleocleo Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gillian's world is all about Gillian. :D

Everything is worse for her than it is for anybody else. She only sees other people in terms of how "nurturing" and supportive they can be to her. Everything she says is about herself and how things affect her. Unbelievably self-centred.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,647
    Forum Member
    cleo wrote: »
    Gillian's world is all about Gillian. :D

Everything is worse for her than it is for anybody else. She only sees other people in terms of how "nurturing" and supportive they can be to her. Everything she says is about herself and how things affect her. Unbelievably self-centred.

........and crafty......... tonight she's talking about having 'turned a corner & faced her fears' after she had happily walked across the bridge after completing her task with Dom (which she would not have done on her own :rolleyes: ) Now she will be making out how brave she is for her 'achievements' - ooh she makes me mad! :mad:
  • Options
    moomeemoomee Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    If this was Big Brother, the psychologists would be having a whale of a time analysing her! Horrible woman! :mad:
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She is quite possibly one of the most self-absorbed people I have ever watched on any reality TV show.
  • Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    [/b]
    ........and crafty......... tonight she's talking about having 'turned a corner & faced her fears' after she had happily walked across the bridge after completing her task with Dom (which she would not have done on her own :rolleyes: ) Now she will be making out how brave she is for her 'achievements' - ooh she makes me mad! :mad:

She was more scared of Dom (Never has a man been more aptly named ;) )

Loved that Anton Deck grassed her up :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    answer: never.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~V~ wrote: »
    She was more scared of Dom (Never has a man been more aptly named ;) )

Loved that Anton Deck grassed her up :D

Made my night ! I want them to keep at her and I am not a bad person but I want a crocodile to bite her .:D
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is quite possibly one of the most self-absorbed people I have ever watched on any reality TV show.

Didnt you see Ben on BB this summer?
  • Options
    rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    What didn't surprise me was after supper when everyone had claimed the meal was the best they ever had, Gillian who for once hadn't cooked said "i would have made it differently, but, it was okay..."
    is that praise from gillian? ;)
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you entirely, she is utterly without any social awareness of anyone else but herself. Its incredibly difficult and uncomfortable to watch her lack of empathy.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    She is all 'me me me', such an egomaniac. She didn't show any encouragement or support for Dom doing his part of the trial, which was so much more difficult than what she had to do!
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I agree with you entirely, she is utterly without any social awareness of anyone else but herself. Its incredibly difficult and uncomfortable to watch her lack of empathy.:confused:

It really is , I found myself getting so wound up watching her total lack of any sort of empathy or encouragement for Dom .Not that he needs it but she simply carried on drying herself while he did the task . Awful narcissistic little wench that she is .
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,647
    Forum Member
    Made my night ! I want them to keep at her and I am not a bad person but I want a crocodile to bite her .:D

They probably all have 'Gillian phobia'. :eek::p
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »

Yes I did - but even Ben was a little more self aware than Gillian. More to the point Ben didn't wind me up as much as she does. :):)
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not at all comparable. Ben had carisma, for some. Gillian has none.
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Not at all comparable. Ben had carisma, for some. Gillian has none.

The issue was being self absorbed, not charismatic
    I saw no charisma BTW, but i accept that you did.
    Everyone must have seen Ben being self absorbed, easily as much as GM IMO
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why would you be a bad person for wanting a crocodile to bite Gillian McKeith? :confused:

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can we get something straight? Ben had other aspects to his personality; he was genuinely kind to other people, he tried to learn from what others told him about his not-so-nice traits, he had a sense of humour and a desire to fit in. The only time he was 'self absorbed' was during one task (all the others he attempted albeit not very successfully). McKeith, on the other hand is beyond self-absorbed; she is narcisstic in the extreme.

Don't believe me? Then tell me which one of these 'symptoms' McKeith does not display:-

•has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).
    •is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
    •believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
    •requires excessive admiration.
    •has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.
    •is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.
    •lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
    •is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.
    •shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

Someone with Narcissistic Personality disorder (NPD) has at least 5 of these symptoms; McKeith would appear to have all of them.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    [/B]

Absolutely spot on. If Dom hadn't been there - she would have refused another task. Or got in the water then screamed and got out. She takes all the credit but it was Dom who got her through that task - by giving her the easy part, encouraging her and calming her down. And she did it - so we know she can do it - like she did it when Sheryl was with her.

It just shows how much more enjoyable this show would be if we can see the others do the trials. It was great to see Dom do one. He's gone up in my estimation.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »
    Why would you be a bad person for wanting a crocodile to bite Gillian McKeith? :confused:

:)

Cruelty to crocodiles maybe ?
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    jabegy wrote: »
    Cruelty to crocodiles maybe ?

:D:D LOL:D:D

The woman is a danger to people in as much as she can drive them to such anger and even thoughts of violence. :mad: :eek::D
  • Options
    magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Devilchild wrote: »
    Can we get something straight? Ben had other aspects to his personality; he was genuinely kind to other people, he tried to learn from what others told him about his not-so-nice traits, he had a sense of humour and a desire to fit in. The only time he was 'self absorbed' was during one task (all the others he attempted albeit not very successfully). McKeith, on the other hand is beyond self-absorbed; she is narcisstic in the extreme.

Don't believe me? Then tell me which one of these 'symptoms' McKeith does not display:-

•has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).
    •is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
    •believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
    •has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.
    •is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.
    •lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

Someone with Narcissistic Personality disorder (NPD) has at least 5 of these symptoms; McKeith would appear to have all of them.

Agree totally. Oh and I love Ben, he made me laugh during BB and I stopped watching when he was evicted. Yes, he was selfish sometimes but was open to change.

McKeith is vile.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    :D:D LOL:D:D

The woman is a danger to people in as much as she can drive them to such anger and even thoughts of violence. :mad: :eek::D

Yeah, it's strange, but I'm afraid if I met Gillian at this moment, I'd like to pull her hair, very hard, then shove her head down a toilet. It's a very primitive reaction, but I just want her to show REAL fear.

Hope it's not just me!!
  • Options
    magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No worries Susie, I expect many people are imagining similar scenarios.
  • Options
    sezziesezzie Posts: 11,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Devilchild wrote: »

Well said.