Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is another puzzle made by Teapot from long ago...:)

http://www.allstarpuzzles.com/usr/68c/p.html?f=68cd93ab2fb4cc14haha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    kqv wrote: »
    I guess I would never have wanted to not see everything....and I only rewatch my favorite parts...but I can't imagine dropping the story midstream...maybe because I came this close to never seeing reunion or finding out what happened when Becky's YT channel got taken down.

I think the last episode gave me perfect closure...and seeing them walk off together...their future is only in our hearts and imaginations....in Birmingham...with Yasmin....

That's where my focus is...celebrating Chryed getting their happy ending....they made it thru the crap and came out the other side...:)

Thank you Kathy, lovely words, and yes, that's what I want to do to, celebrate the happy ending (/'cos yes I struggle, and the bad stuff hurts, but the happy ending happened!, and I'll cling to it, it means so much to me!!), and I want to remember all that those who cared created, which was a lot! and all the good things this thread brought us (brought me). :). I'm a Chryedian, I spent so long caring. They're in my heart, as is this experience we all went through. x

/proper normal *cough* :sleep::p:cry::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have found a load of nerdy stats stuff on my computer :rolleyes:

Also some bingo cards. /random.

I do rather like this graph though

I love the graph! Don't remember seeing this before? Am loving discovering all this old stuff. :D

Has anyone got a link to Pear's monopoly? That was legendary, I'd post it myself but it's in my photobucket account that I'm locked out of *sobs* It was SO funny! :D
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    I actually thought about that episode a while back and came up with a (weak :o) reason why Syed couldn't say ILY. It was to do with the pride thing as well. It could be that saying 'I love you' makes the betrayal with Danny seem worse, more unforgivable. So if Syed could avoid saying it, it would mean sleeping with Danny was something he could fix. Orrr, he assumes he can't fix things, so he tries to convince Christian to stay without saying ILY because saying that is unfair to Christian (in Syed's weird little mind.) Does that make any kind of sense?? Though it's still ridiculous, it could be kind of what Syed was thinking...? Idk, I haven't watched the episode back and kind of don't plan to ever.

I'm working on a personality quiz for the thread. :cool:

I think that's kind of what they were going for, yeah. Like, he can't leave Christian alone and not want to be with him, because he needs him and needs Christian to forgive him because he feels so awful about it, so he can't just stop trying to get back together with him. But he thinks Christian deserves better, and is sabotaging himself. Like he only tells Christian he loves him after he's given Yasmin to Amira, knowing that Christian won't take him back. It's only when the possibility presents itself that he could lose Christian properly that he's really willing to give his all to get him back. It's pretty weak, yeah, but I can sort of see it. The 'I was too proud' 'explanation' made me laugh aloud though.

BiB: Yay!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have found a load of nerdy stats stuff on my computer :rolleyes:

Also some bingo cards. /random.

I do rather like this graph though

That graph is brilliant Sylae:D

Just randomly looking through my old photobucket as you do, pics reminded me of red button episodes and how we got so much more than we were expecting (for a change:p) I remember I could barely believe what I was seeing lol.

I also found chryed penguin cam:sleep: and this, but have absolutely no recollection of what it is referring to:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star, I knew I had it somewhere!!! Thought I'd deleted it when I deleted my stuff off my old laptop. Omg, 'soap logic' with the question mark :D More relevant than ever.

Also, just found this quote on Tumblr. So true:
    what i mean when i call a character perfect is “wow look at how flawed you are, how broken and three dimensional and well written. look how much of a disaster you are and how you are constantly torn between right and wrong and you make so many mistakes along the way wow look how human you are”

so basically when i say they are perfect what i mean is thank god they aren’t
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just found this great post from Elphie *waves to Elphie if she is lurking* you were such a brilliant poster! Hope you are well hun. :)

A list of hugs and cuddles with screencaps - lovely! :)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=50880950&postcount=861
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Star, I knew I had it somewhere!!! Thought I'd deleted it when I deleted my stuff off my old laptop. Omg, 'soap logic' with the question mark :D More relevant than ever.

Also, just found this quote on Tumblr. So true:

Thank you so much!! It's SO brilliant, it's a joy! :p:D:p
    lovesy wrote: »
    That graph is brilliant Sylae:D

Just randomly looking through my old photobucket as you do, pics reminded me of red button episodes and how we got so much more than we were expecting (for a change:p) I remember I could barely believe what I was seeing lol.

I also found chryed penguin cam:sleep: and this, but have absolutely no recollection of what it is referring to:o

Ha ha, the Penguin cam! :D
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's kind of what they were going for, yeah. Like, he can't leave Christian alone and not want to be with him, because he needs him and needs Christian to forgive him because he feels so awful about it, so he can't just stop trying to get back together with him. But he thinks Christian deserves better, and is sabotaging himself. Like he only tells Christian he loves him after he's given Yasmin to Amira, knowing that Christian won't take him back. It's only when the possibility presents itself that he could lose Christian properly that he's really willing to give his all to get him back. It's pretty weak, yeah, but I can sort of see it. The 'I was too proud' 'explanation' made me laugh aloud though.

BiB: Yay!

Yeah, that. It's kind of a pride thing I guess? Like, saying ILY is the last thing he has to convince Christian to stay, so if he says it and Christian doesn't stay then he's totally out of options. Although that makes little sense actually because isn't there a scene where Christian actually asks him to say it and he doesn't? Jeez, that whole thing was a mess.

BIB oh god, that actually happened. It might not even have been so bad if they'd had Syed explain it in a little bit more depth than 'I was too proud lol.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just found some favourites labelled
    'gorgeous
    pics'...

Oh, and *cough* :D

Thank you.

ETA: Fixed links
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay I made a quiz! It was totally done in like 10 minutes and I made up the questions as I went along but hopefully someone finds it vaguely entertaining!

So...which half of Chryed are you? :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found this great post from Elphie *waves to Elphie if she is lurking* you were such a brilliant poster! Hope you are well hun. :)

Awww I loved all the hugs we got:D We were lucky with Ellitridge they always hugged so naturally, were very tactile, and each hug expressed a lot, meant different things. I know hugs are scripted, but it's the little extras that make it real and affectionate and convey meaning.

And yes, *waves* to elphie, such a huge part of the thread, hope things are going ok for you out there:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    Here is another puzzle made by Teapot from long ago...:)

http://www.allstarpuzzles.com/usr/68c/p.html?f=68cd93ab2fb4cc14haha

That was hard but beautiful Syed/Marc picture :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meg_icy wrote: »
    'gorgeous
    pics'...

Thank you.

Has *coughing* fit. Thank you, I was hoping someone would post Sy in his most fetching outfit:p
    Okay I made a quiz! It was totally done in like 10 minutes and I made up the questions as I went along but hopefully someone finds it vaguely entertaining!

Yay, thank you!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that. It's kind of a pride thing I guess? Like, saying ILY is the last thing he has to convince Christian to stay, so if he says it and Christian doesn't stay then he's totally out of options. Although that makes little sense actually because isn't there a scene where Christian actually asks him to say it and he doesn't? Jeez, that whole thing was a mess.

BIB oh god, that actually happened. It might not even have been so bad if they'd had Syed explain it in a little bit more depth than 'I was too proud lol.'

I just remember talking to you and we were convinced there had to be more to it. Had to be. But he literally says, word for word, 'too proud to say I love you'. No clarification. Despite the fact Syed doesn't look the slightest bit 'too proud' in ANY of the scenes where he doesn't say ILY, he looks totally broken and like he'd do anything to get Christian back (Marc crazily playing it like Syed was IC. Maybe he should have stuck his nose in the air to try to convey 'pride').

I'm Syed. I'm truly shocked that I'm not like Christian, the extroverted social butterfly who doesn't take shit from anyone. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member

OOoo love it. ETA: Not Christian, I'm a bit of both! I'd say that's right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am Syed:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    meg_icy wrote: »
    'gorgeous
    pics'...

Thank you.

Thank you! Gorgeous......especially the Red Towel gif....omg what a fabulously sexy scene that was - :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Monopoly! :D

great graph :D

Thanks for the hug link! Aww.

Oooh, interesting, thanks...
    Awww I loved all the hugs we got:D We were lucky with Ellitridge they always hugged so naturally, were very tactile, and each hug expressed a lot, meant different things. I know hugs are scripted, but it's the little extras that make it real and affectionate and convey meaning.

And yes, *waves* to elphie, such a huge part of the thread, hope things are going ok for you out there:)

So true!
    Has *coughing* fit. Thank you, I was hoping someone would post Sy in his most fetching outfit:p

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just remember talking to you and we were convinced there had to be more to it. Had to be. But he literally says, word for word, 'too proud to say I love you'. No clarification. Despite the fact Syed doesn't look the slightest bit 'too proud' in ANY of the scenes where he doesn't say ILY, he looks totally broken and like he'd do anything to get Christian back (Marc clearly playing it like Syed was IC. Maybe he should have stuck his nose in the air to try to convey 'pride').

I'm Syed. I'm truly shocked that I'm not like Christian, the extroverted social butterfly who doesn't take shit from anyone. :sleep:

BIB was basically the story of our lives for most of the stuff we got in the last two years. :sleep:

I just took it myself and got Syed as well. Shocker!

Welcome! :D
    OOoo love it. I am Christian!

Interesting! Writing the results description made me lol - so cliche! :cool:
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am in fact! Just been having a look through all of today's post, what an odd feeling to come back and have loads of pages to look through, just like old times! So odd to think that I used to be like almost permanently here! My love for Chryed seems to have been irrecoverably dented by anger at most of the stuff that happened post DC week *coughAmira'sreturnwtfwasthatcough* :sleep: and how wasted the great characters and actors were but I still have a huuuuuge love for this thread and most importantly all you gorgeous, bonkers Chryedians :)

Can't be around much this weekend but I'll definitely try and have a read through of tomorrow's posts too :) Love and kisses to all :) Xxxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you.....I am Christian, apparently! :o.....:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! Gorgeous......especially the Red Towel gif....omg what a fabulously sexy scene that was - :D:D

It wasn't even just the lack of clothing:p The chemistry, body language, looks, tone of voice, tossing of the apple....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joins in waving to Elphie and to LovelyLaura, CC, Mercs and other lovely posters form yesteryear.

And also big waves and smooches to, well I cant even remember her thread name (Absacadabra?) but to the inventor of the word ACLoholic (she will love me for that :sleep:) if you're out there - miss ACL-ing it with you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am in fact! Just been having a look through all of today's post, what an odd feeling to come back and have loads of pages to look through, just like old times! So odd to think that I used to be like almost permanently here! My love for Chryed seems to have been irrecoverably dented by anger at most of the stuff that happened post DC week *coughAmira'sreturnwtfwasthatcough* :sleep: and how wasted the great characters and actors were but I still have a huuuuuge love for this thread and most importantly all you gorgeous, bonkers Chryedians :)

Can't be around much this weekend but I'll definitely try and have a read through of tomorrow's posts too :) Love and kisses to all :) Xxxxx

Elphieeee! :D:D:D Love you! xx