Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have rife inaccuracies, though, and that more than makes up for content.

BiB: The Johnny and Marc ones around the time of ABRC made my life. They were GOLD. Kind of wish they'd done one together... #fiveyearolds.

Don't even talk to me about them :sleep: omg, remember the time Marc was listed as 'actor' or something in the cast list?

I remember lurking for the Marc one. That was hilarious! "Well, is it a story or is it not?~~" :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    Well, after all that analysis and then the excitement of the Mystery Item reveal, I’m feeling rather emotionally exhausted!

This post is, sadly, to announce that this marks the official end of our Chryed Cyber Celebration. But this, of course, doesn’t stop anyone continuing to post. And what a weekend it has been!

Massive thanks to Nick Hicks-Beach for his time and allowing two strangers (and they don’t get much stranger than me and Mercs) into his house to interrogate him on camera.

Thanks to Nick Hicks-Beach and Pete Lawson for donating their wonderful words to our charity auction. All the items are due to end on Monday morning (UK time) so there’s still time to bid! I’ll come back on here and announce the winners and the amounts raised when it’s all over.

Thanks also to those who donated to Stonewall, Terrence Higgins Trust and Imaan over the course of the weekend. If you didn’t get around to it, it’s not too late!

But most importantly of all, I think we all deserve a big GROUP HUG. There’s been SOOOOO much stuff to read and watch and laugh at I don’t know where to start. Over the last two days 33 Chryedians have joined in - I suspect a few more were lurking. This fandom is a very special place - but I think we all know that.

*initiates round of applause to Chryedians everywhere*

Thank you SO much! xxxxxxxx

It's been so lovely to be back! ((((group hug)))). You're such a lovely, clever, witty, funny, gorgeous bunch of people, I'm so glad I found you and this. *cheesy, but what of it :p*

Please can you tell us who we have to thank for all the organisation of Chryed Cyber Con? Please take a bow, Chryedians. xx

It's been wonderful to reminisce with you, and the twin beauty of the insights and reassurances from NHB, and the heartfelt, poignant missing scene from PL -amazing, thank you all! It's still a flippin' amazing, complicated 'love story', as DTC intended, with two incredible actors, in Johnny and Marc (ETA: & the Masoods), who made it happen so breathtakingly, and some very talented writers, who really cared! And in EE, against the odds. Thank you all!

Love Prevailed!!! And never let that change!! :D.

#VivaChryed

ETA: I'm so grateful to Johnny and Marc for being so kind to us! Thank you so much, to them. Very good luck to them.
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you to everyone for making thier weekend a true celebration.

So much nostalgia this weekend. Loved every minute :)
  • DessieDessie Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member
    Lovely to see some old familiar faces, and a bit of nostalgia. :) Thanks Alex for organising.

Alex, I'm waiting to see how the auction goes, but will definitely donate something to Imaan if I lose out on the scripts! But just to say - you keep saying the auction will close on Monday, but eBay seems to think Tuesday...?
  • momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Don't even talk to me about them :sleep: omg, remember the time Marc was listed as 'actor' or something in the cast list?

I remember lurking for the Marc one. That was hilarious! "Well, is it a story or is it not?~~" :sleep:

Yes! And another time he was playing Neil McDermott...

I loved the Johnny one- where he was doing the 'subtle' differences between Christian and himself, and played Christian as ultra-camp. Especially funny 'cos he's quite a bit camper in real life, ha. (Though his sincere 'I love you, Syed' is actually gorgeous. "I larve yar Syeeed"... not so much :D).
  • DessieDessie Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member

Marc's was so, so brilliant - especially because it was unexpected, but with his expression at being nominated for Sexiest Male, his shout-out to the Chryedians, and the 'God bless us, everyone...'. :D

Will always remember Johnny telling me and indehed in that nightclub that he'd done one of the backstage vids and that it was "all for you guys". All while he kept grabbing our hands and holding them to his heart, while security were prodding us in the backs, trying to move us on.

As my brother-in-law said to me after Canterbury, we couldn't have chosen better actors to be fans of really, could we? :)
  • starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's my favourite bit.
    Firstly, that Syed 'being brave' is him admitting his feelings, letting Christian see through his stupid sham marriage. They had a really vitriolic fight, Christian walked out on him, then came back and was sarcastic and still Syed is reaching out, showing how much he cares. <3

Also, that 'the best' was echoed in the exit scenes - 'That day, that was the best day.' I think Pete thinks Chryed are the best.
    :sleep:

Love it for all these reasons!!
    Well, after all that analysis and then the excitement of the Mystery Item reveal, I’m feeling rather emotionally exhausted!

This post is, sadly, to announce that this marks the official end of our Chryed Cyber Celebration. But this, of course, doesn’t stop anyone continuing to post. And what a weekend it has been!

Massive thanks to Nick Hicks-Beach for his time and allowing two strangers (and they don’t get much stranger than me and Mercs) into his house to interrogate him on camera.

Thanks to Nick Hicks-Beach and Pete Lawson for donating their wonderful words to our charity auction. All the items are due to end on Monday morning (UK time) so there’s still time to bid! I’ll come back on here and announce the winners and the amounts raised when it’s all over.

Thanks also to those who donated to Stonewall, Terrence Higgins Trust and Imaan over the course of the weekend. If you didn’t get around to it, it’s not too late!

But most importantly of all, I think we all deserve a big GROUP HUG. There’s been SOOOOO much stuff to read and watch and laugh at I don’t know where to start. Over the last two days 33 Chryedians have joined in - I suspect a few more were lurking. This fandom is a very special place - but I think we all know that.

*initiates round of applause to Chryedians everywhere*

((((huge big group hug))))) to everyone. I've had a great time. MASSIVE thanks to Nick Hicks-Beach and Pete Awesome Lawson. :D

Thanks to the whole con organising committee who put all this weekend together. xxx
    :D
    Also, at the time of the fire ep, we were like 'why didn't Syed go to Christian when he got out of the fire....why didn't he thank him...why didn't he say anything, why was there just a look?'...well now we know...because they felt like they had said goodbye ( :cry: ) and it was too painful....in conclusion....we needed that scene!
    Typing a mile a minute, oh old thread I've missed you!!!

Exactly, the fact that that bit didn't make much sense, now makes sense.....:p
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    I have such a fondness for it! I may be completely off my rocker here, but didn't Pete suggest in his Q&A for last year's con that it was a Johnny and Marc creation?

Yes, he did!

Great big thanks to everyone who has posted links and pics, and fic and all kinds of memory lane stuff. Really enjoyed the 'where are they now' opening session yesterday morning, got my imagination flowing.

I can't not love them, Chryed, and I still do and I always will! :D
  • elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was only meant to be 'popping on' this evening :p Ah the power of the thread!

Been a lovely weekend 'seeing' so many posters :) And what a a lovely surprise from Pete (and Alex) with the script, thanks again :)

Hope to speak to you all again some time soon, take care all, *big love and smoooshy cuddles to all* :) Xxxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I have now taken off my official CCC hat and wanted to say a massive personal HELLOOOOOO to everyone I failed to say hello to when they arrived. Also a massive THANK YOU to everyone who posted fic and pics and games and vids and comments and links and everything else. Apart from four hours last night, I have been on the thread ALL weekend and I still feel like there's loads I have to catch up on. It's been so good being back here.

Particular thanks from me to Mercs and Dessie for helping with the NHB interview. I'm sorry it was a bit dark, but his office was tiny and he was a bit up against a deadline so I didn't want to go scrambling around his house for extra lights and extension cables! But you can just about see his face. At least you can hear him, which I was a bit worried about as we had mic trouble. Phew!

I have a vague plan to scour through the pages and copy some of the nicest comments to send to Nick and Pete, removing usernames to protect the guilty. I hope everyone's OK with that - let me know if not. I just think they'd like to know some of the lovely things we've said about them.

Lovely idea, thank you Alex :)
    Dessie wrote: »
    Marc's was so, so brilliant - especially because it was unexpected, but with his expression at being nominated for Sexiest Male, his shout-out to the Chryedians, and the 'God bless us, everyone...'. :D

Will always remember Johnny telling me and indehed in that nightclub that he'd done one of the backstage vids and that it was "all for you guys". All while he kept grabbing our hands and holding them to his heart, while security were prodding us in the backs, trying to move us on.

As my brother-in-law said to me after Canterbury, we couldn't have chosen better actors to be fans of really, could we? :)

Awww, lovely, thank you! Great memories and descriptions :)

I'm so grateful to them for being so kind :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night Elphie :) x

Ha, i remember Marc not going quite through with the word Chryedians! It was 'for all the er.......chryed fans out there'!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't make it here before the end today, but just wanted to say a huge thanks to Alex, NHB, PL, the organisers and all the contributors of CCC. Caught up with the wonderful vids, thanks to Alex, Mercs and Dessie for them too. How brilliant of Pete to give us that unseen scene. I could picture it in my head too, the expressions on their faces, in their eyes:cry: I welled up at 'the best'. But at the same time it did bring back frustrations I had with the storyline at the time:p so just like old times:D

Anyway, Chryedians ((((hugs))) to everyone, hope we can do this again!:) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    Ha, i remember Marc not going quite through with the word Chryedians! It was 'for all the er.......chryed fans out there'!!

Ha, I don't remember this bit! Will have to rewatch.
    lovesy wrote: »
    Didn't make it here before the end today, but just wanted to say a huge thanks to Alex, NHB, PL, the organisers and all the contributors of CCC. Caught up with the wonderful vids, thanks to Alex, Mercs and Dessie for them too. How brilliant of Pete to give us that unseen scene. I could picture it in my head too, the expressions on their faces, in their eyes:cry:I welled up at 'the best'. But at the same time it did bring back frustrations I had with the storyline at the time:p so just like old times:D

Anyway, Chryedians ((((hugs))) to everyone, hope we can do this again!:) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BiB: So did I! Loving Chryed, being frustrated at the storytelling... ah, nostalgia.

BiB2: me too! Post-graduation life is godawful, I've sooo enjoyed having this escapism again. :D
  • starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't even talk to me about them omg, remember the time Marc was listed as 'actor' or something in the cast list?

He was so so funny! And oh, the irony....'well will it be a scene or won't it be' / 'will it make to the screen or won't it' / ok not funny.....:sleep:
    meg_icy wrote: »

It's been so lovely to be back! ((((group hug)))). You're such a lovely, clever, witty, funny, gorgeous bunch of people, I'm so glad I found you and this. *cheesy, but what of it :p*

Please can you tell us who we have to thank for all the organisation of Chryed Cyber Con? Please take a bow, Chryedians. xx

It's been wonderful to reminisce with you, and the twin beauty of the insights and reassurances from NHB, and the heartfelt, poignant missing scene from PL -amazing, thank you all! It's still a flippin' amazing, complicated 'love story', as DTC intended, with two incredible actors, in Johnny and Marc (ETA: & the Masoods), who made it happen so breathtakingly, and some very talented writers, who really cared! And in EE, against the odds. Thank you all!

Love Prevailed!!! And never let that change!!
    :D.

All of this!! :D

Lovely memories thank you for this. :)
  • AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I guess I have probably been the bossiest behind the scenes (such is unemployment!) but Jenn123 has been tweeting and tumblring to raise awareness, Dessie updated the website and edited and uploaded the NHB vids, MercuryPheonix came to interview NHB and asked the questions and helped carry the equipment, and another lovely Chryedian put together the schedule, but I don't know what her username is and I don't want to post her real name - but you know who you are! And lots of others have been helpful with comments and suggestions and questions too. I hope I haven't forgotten anyone significant. But really, it wouldn't have been anything without everyone coming and chatting and posting and joining in over the weekend. That's why I think a group hug is the most appropriate thank you. :)
    But just to say - you keep saying the auction will close on Monday, but eBay seems to think Tuesday...?

Ebay is correct. My brain is mush. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes! And another time he was playing Neil McDermott...

I loved the Johnny one- where he was doing the 'subtle' differences between Christian and himself, and played Christian as ultra-camp. Especially funny 'cos he's quite a bit camper in real life, ha. (Though his sincere 'I love you, Syed' is actually gorgeous. "I larve yar Syeeed"... not so much :D).

The Johnny one was so funny. "Did you see that? Very subtle difference.." haha.

Marc's was the very first one, wasn't it? Brilliant for us! Running with the crutches was too cute.

Ah, I love Johnny so much. He tells us he loves us and appreciates our support and holds our hands and kisses us on the cheek every single time any of us see him. We are totally blessed! :D
  • ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night Elphie xxx and *waves* to anyone else who might be going
    lovesy wrote: »
    Didn't make it here before the end today, but just wanted to say a huge thanks to Alex, NHB, PL, the organisers and all the contributors of CCC. Caught up with the wonderful vids, thanks to Alex, Mercs and Dessie for them too. How brilliant of Pete to give us that unseen scene. I could picture it in my head too, the expressions on their faces, in their eyes:cry: I welled up at 'the best'. But at the same time it did bring back frustrations I had with the storyline at the time:p so just like old times:D

*squishes LoveSy (:p ) in the squishiest possible way*

It was BRILLIANT of him, wasn't it? I could hear and see it too, but yes, total double feelings. A couple of things there that I totally adore (I bet you could guess which ones :cool: ) but then the total frustration at the same time. That was such a difficult time to get through for me...

Awww, you're leaving already?? I've hardly gotten to talk to you...

But xxxxx and (((((hugs))))))

And yes, I would so like to do this again! I've missed following the discussing and analysing and general incredible intelligence and bonkersness of you all, and I enjoy it SO, SO, SO much
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess I have probably been the bossiest behind the scenes (such is unemployment!) but Jenn123 has been tweeting and tumblring to raise awareness, Dessie updated the website and edited and uploaded the NHB vids, MercuryPheonix came to interview NHB and asked the questions and helped carry the equipment, and another lovely Chryedian put together the schedule, but I don't know what her username is and I don't want to post her real name - but you know who you are! And lots of others have been helpful with comments and suggestions and questions too. I hope I haven't forgotten anyone significant. But really, it wouldn't have been anything without everyone coming and chatting and posting and joining in over the weekend. That's why I think a group hug is the most appropriate thank you. :)

Ebay is correct. My brain is mush. :)

I know who did the schedule - it was the lovely Teapot! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely weekend it's been. Great reminiscing, some wonderful discussion, fantastic seeing all those familiar "faces" again, fabulous surprises, and some unreal highlights...

Have not caught up on everything, somewhere halfway through the weekend, I seem to have lost the ability to compose a insightful post..... Sorry about that.

Thanks Alex and everyone involved in putting this together. Thanks everyone for joining in.

And thanks of course to the inimitable Pete & Nick for giving of their time, their craft, and their wisdom.... I have endless respect for them.
    For some people, their heroes are athletes, or singers, or actors (ha!)... I am a lover of language, and my heroes are people who do magic with the written word. Who can evoke emotion - not just in the characters they write about, but in the hearts of their audience. Who care about both - and do it with such gentle, genuine, beautiful ease....
    That's why people like Pete Lawson are my true heroes.

Sorry for being soppy, but well... this is the moment I guess.

I'll shut up now & go hide in my corner :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Marc's was the very first one, wasn't it? Brilliant for us! Running with the crutches was too cute.

Ah, I love Johnny so much. He tells us he loves us and appreciates our support and holds our hands and kisses us on the cheek every single time any of us see him. We are totally blessed! :D

I think it was, yeah!

I still remember how Shane Richie's was the only one that got promoted at the end of EE. There were LOADS of them- I'm sure most of the cast did them. No bias there, then. :rolleyes:

He's such a lovely man. :)Probably to compensate for his hideous outside. :sleep:
  • ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    Lovely weekend it's been. Great reminiscing, some wonderful discussion, fantastic seeing all those familiar "faces" again, fabulous surprises, and some unreal highlights...

Have not caught up on everything, somewhere halfway through the weekend, I seem to have lost the ability to compose a insightful post..... Sorry about that.

Thanks Alex and everyone involved in putting this together. Thanks everyone for joining in.

And thanks of course to the inimitable Pete & Nick for giving of their time, their craft, and their wisdom.... I have endless respect for them.
    For some people, their heroes are athletes, or singers, or actors (ha!)... I am a lover of language, and my heroes are people who do magic with the written word. Who can evoke emotion - not just in the characters they write about, but in the hearts of their audience. Who care about both - and do it with such gentle, genuine, beautiful ease....
    That's why people like Pete Lawson are my true heroes.

Sorry for being soppy, but well... this is the moment I guess.

I'll shut up now & go hide in my corner :o

It has really, really been. But don't go away, I enjoy reading your posts too much, talk more, pretty please :D
    (((hugs)))
  • cazzieb2705cazzieb2705 Posts: 12,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening everyone, just caught up with everything from today and I thank everyone for posting everything they have, I have been so busy today didn't manage to get on before the official close, a MASSIVE thank you Alex for all your hard work for this weekend you are amazing (and probably crying whilst doing catch up ha) and none of this would of been possible without you xxx

Now I have so many pages open of pics, fics, auctions, the last part of Nicks interview I am going to catch up on them :)

This weekend has been fab 'seeing' all the old and new faces back on here, still a few I am sure that were lurking and I wave to them xxxxx So many memories of so much fun we had and what we have become which is actually a group of friends Love you all xxxx
  • kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    ...And Syed, insisting to Christian that it's only business. Each thinking the other doesn't want them, but wanting each other....*cries again*

"They look at each other, wanting the other, thinking the other doesn’t."

Can you imagine?! (Yes we can). Those looks exist on film, people.
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    I now want to see "those looks" again....

I'm in absolute bits. Gosh, how badly did we want a scene like this?? I can't actually compute why on earth anyone could possibly think to cut something like that.... It's just criminal. :mad:

:cry:
    Also, at the time of the fire ep, we were like 'why didn't Syed go to Christian when he got out of the fire....why didn't he thank him...why didn't he say anything, why was there just a look?'...well now we know...because they felt like they had said goodbye ( :cry: ) and it was too painful....in conclusion....we needed that scene!

Typing a mile a minute, oh old thread I've missed you!!!
    crazysusan wrote: »
    thank you to everyone involved in this weekend and to everyone that took part. Its been lovely and emotional and so nice to chat to people again xx
    S: (strong) I’m doing things with my life. Making something of myself.
    C: You’re making a lie.
    S: You just can’t bear to see me standing on my own two feet.
    C: Can’t I?
    S: Outside of your precious shadow.

They look at each other. Neither want a fight.

C: (softer) The standing on your own two feet thing. Suits you.

Syed takes this as Christian’s confirming an ending. Nods.

S: (genuine, being brave) What we had - it was beautiful. The best.
    C: (gentle) And if Amira hadn’t come back? If you didn’t have Yasmin?

They look at each other, wanting the other, thinking the other doesn’t. Syed rocks the buggy a few times. Looks at Christian.

S: (heart breaking) See ya, Clarkey.
    C: Yeah. See ya.

Syed looks at him one last time, then goes. Off towards Turpin Way before home. Christian watches him, then breathes out heavily.

I can't stop reading this!!! I'm in bits!

Love the shadow line.....some of the underlying resentment (which was justified) coming out from Syed because Christian was overbearing (although he's still right in this particular instance)

And the rest, oh I love it so much. :cry::): "What we had it was beautiful. The best'. Reminds me of 'I didn't think it was stupid, I thought it was beautiful' and one of my favourite lines from the very last episode.....'that day, was the best day'

I'm wrung out!!!
    :D

Love Prevailed!!! And never let that change!! :D.

Oh, thank you all for an amazing few days...I am now regretting scheduling this family dinner I am heading to, for Sunday night..because I have to try to act calm and normal, lol....inside my head and heart, I will be going over all this....

Feeling quite emotional...so grateful for these characters, these actors, these writers...and what magic was created...and that we all could share this journey together over the years... ((hugs)) to my Chryedian family!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has really, really been. But don't go away, I enjoy reading your posts too much, talk more, pretty please :D
    (((hugs)))

Hey lovely *squishes Clarkie really close*
    It's been so great to chat with you again about our boys... have missed that a lot more than I realized.

Need to get to bed soon-ish, work and real life awaiting me tomorrow. But please don't be a stranger, you know where I am, do keep in touch xxx
  • AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night Elphie xxx and *waves* to anyone else who might be going

*squishes LoveSy (:p ) in the squishiest possible way*

It was BRILLIANT of him, wasn't it? I could hear and see it too, but yes, total double feelings. A couple of things there that I totally adore (I bet you could guess which ones :cool: ) but then the total frustration at the same time. That was such a difficult time to get through for me...

Awww, you're leaving already?? I've hardly gotten to talk to you...

But xxxxx and (((((hugs))))))

And yes, I would so like to do this again! I've missed following the discussing and analysing and general incredible intelligence and bonkersness of you all, and I enjoy it SO, SO, SO much

I still feel there was so much we DIDN'T do! We could have posted our fave vids and fics and discussed them. We hardly got smutty at all! :eek: We didn't do most of the rewatches because we were all too busy talking - shameful disregard of scheduling. :sleep:

Who knows if there'll be enough impetus to do this again next year, but the best thing to do is to follow the ChryedCon Twitter, because if there is anything planned, that's how it'll be publicised. :)
  • MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    Oh my goodness, that extra scene! :cry: I can't believe that had to be cut, imagine what a difference it would've made to the episode for all us fans?! Gutting to think of how many wonderful Chryed scenes must have been cut - many of them even being filmed and then cut - that never saw the light of day! So so sweet of Pete to send it to us though, he must have been saving it for us :D